Basia Mille Photography
"turning every moment into art"
Tampa, FL 33626

4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0

Private User 1 Reviews
My wife and I married on May 18, 2013 and David, the owner of Basia Mille Photography, was a pleasure to work with. Very easy going and great sense of humor. His presence was not overbearing and he was neither intrusive nor demanding, as some photographers tend to be. Best of all, he has one of the most affordable prices in town. Some photographers we met with were just the face of their company and send out their "apprentices" to do all of their work. One thing we really liked was the fact that David was our contact 100% of the way through and he was the Photographer at the wedding. My wife and I would recommend Basia Mille Photography to our friends and family.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David was in one word, amazing. From beginning to end a pleasure to work with and a true talent. He was flexible with the specific things my husband and I wanted and he was down-to-earth and easy to work with. We had several huge changes in our wedding and he went with it, helping to make things easy on us which I really appreciated. When the day came, we had Destiny & Light come to our room @ Safety Harbor Spa to do hair and makeup for my girls and I. David joined us early on and stayed with us for several hours, getting beautiful shots. Everyone commented on how he made them feel so comfortable and how funny he was (great sense of humor, so important!). There were more changes on the wedding day at the Spa when the weather didn't cooperate, but David was there as a coach, still managing to get amazing shots that we are very proud to share with our families and friends. At the reception, he seemed to be in 15 places at once, and his creative eye got shots we wouldn't have thought of. Superman.

We will not hesitate to recommend David to everyone we know and hiring him will be one of the best investments you will make for your wedding :)
Wedding: 03/03/2012

Darcey 5 Reviews
David is the Ansel Adams of wedding photography. He doesn't take pictures, he puts the beauty of a Matisse through a lens. He is cool to work with, he is fun, and his work is of the utmost highest quality.

We picked him because his cost is good, he did 2 engagement sessions for us (totally worth it because you feel like your homeboy is taking pictures of you on the wedding day, not some dude you don't know), and have you seen the candids on his website???!!! Anyone can put mom and dad and bride together and snap a nice shot, but he gets mom and dad getting down on the dance floor with the moon shining above them. Seriously, he creates magic with his photos.

If you are shopping around for a photographer, go onto his website. Look at all those great photos. And then realize that he is working with regular grooms who have no idea what they're doing. We're not models. Just regular Joes. But David makes us all look perfect. And, gentlemen, since you know you want to just make Her happy through all this, you will want to book Basia Mille for your photos because she will be stoked with the results.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David of Basia Mille Photography did an incredible job for us!!!

He included two engagement sessions, which was great for us because we were able to get comfortable having our photo taken. The pictures from those sessions turned out to be awesome, and I'm still trying to figure out how to pick just a few to frame and put up on our wall!

On our wedding day, David was willing to be with us for the whole day! He got pics of the guys playing putt putt golf that morning and a ton of getting ready pics of me and my girls. He even volunteered to take my dress to the venue so he could take pictures of it before we even got there.

Throughout the day, he was there, but not obnoxiously there. He never interfered with the flow of the day. When the time came for formal portraits, he was great at controlling the chaos that comes from two large families trying to get organized, especially with one family that didn't even speak English! I have nothing but good things to say about David and Basie Mille.

I haven't gotten my pictures back, but I fully believe they will be amazing. I can't wait to see them!

I highly recommend Basie Mille to anyone planning a wedding. David did a great job for us and I'm sure will do the same for you!
Wedding: 04/16/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hiring David from Basia Mille Photography was the best decision we made for our wedding! David went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and happy during the engagement shoot and wedding day. He arrived early on our wedding day and was able to capture so many precious moments with my mom, bridesmaids, and myself. He is so easy to work with and fun to be around! He didn't stop shooting until the wedding was over and we are so thankful for his hard work! If you are looking for a great photographer, I would recommend David...he is top notch!
Wedding: 03/12/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am so happy we used David for our wedding!! I met with several photographers, all in different price ranges and skill and honestly I was finding it was either an expensive photographer for good pictures or an inexpensive one for mediocre pictures. It was important for us to hire a photographer that took more than just "portrait" pictures and had a good personality. When I finally met with David I knew I found someone who would be easy to work with but also meant business! He was the perfect mix of talent and results and pricing. He was easy to get a hold of and cared to know how the planning was going! He provided us with awesome pictures. He was there all day for us on our wedding day and I was totally confident he knew what we wanted. He made me and our party feel so special and wasn't just there to snap pictures and move on to another event. There may be some fancy, high end photographers out there but David is a hidden gem. Thank you Dave!!
Wedding: 10/16/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David was truly amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. It was hard to choose a photographer being a destination bride, but David was very personalble and had a great sense of humor from the start. He takes such creative pictures and really captured our wedding day... Not only was he a great photographer.. but always throws in great ideas and was there to help whether it be photography questions or not. He is there all day and as long as you want! Well worth it! Awesome job David and Thank you again!
Wedding: 10/10/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David was great from start to finish - very flexible, beautiful photos, and you will NOT find a better price for the value! I spoke to over ten photographers, and he was hands down the best. Also very easy going and comfortable to have around on the wedding day - which is VERY important if you consider that this person will be around you all day on one of the most important days of your life! His personality was a huge factor in hiring him. We would use him again in a heartbeat! Seriously, if he's open for your date - BOOK HIM!
Wedding: 10/09/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We could not have asked for a better photographer for our wedding. David made the experience fun, exciting and memorable. I believe a key is that he truly wants to get to know you by having several meetings before the wedding where he takes a series of engagement pictures. When we got to the wedding day we had no worries when it came to the photography, because we knew David and that he would do a great job. So he truly put our minds at ease.
The results are stunning, and every person we have shown our engagement and wedding pictures to have been stunned by the compositions, beauty and energy that the pictures have and how well his photos captures the moment.
Thanks to David we are able to be reminded of this important day for us through all the brilliant photos.
Wedding: 07/18/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David was absolutely amazing from beginning to end!! Not only was he a blast to work with, but professional, and just put us at ease. At the wedding itself, he was on point, and had everything planned to the tee. On top of it all, his talent is incredible, and would recommend him to anyone!!
Wedding: 07/03/2010
2.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Kelly 7 Reviews
I want to start out by saying that David is a very nice guy who I believe ultimately has your best interest in mind. However, with that said, I have to admit that I definitely wouldn't recommend him in the future.

Pros:
-You get the rights to all your pictures.
- The price was reasonable.
- David has no time limit and was at our wedding until the very end, which we did appreciate it.

Cons:
- Punctuality: David was late to every meeting time we ever set. From the initial consultation to the wedding day, he never showed up at the time he said he would.

-Time it takes to get your photos- He is up front about this, but when you are initially planning your wedding 9-12 weeks doesn't sound that bad, but after 3 months- trust me you are dying to see them. I had 3 other friends get married after we did and all of them received their edited photos before I did.
**After waiting the specified period on the contract we still did not have our pictures. Almost 4 months after the wedding did we finally receive our pictures. David claimed he was extremely busy (while he emailed us from Las Vegas)- but even so I believe that what you agree to in a contract should be upheld.

-Responsiveness: When we tried to contact David to see when we could expect our photos (after the 12 week waiting period) he was extremely unresponsive and even claimed that he did not receive my emails (which I still have record of in my email). And when I asked him to send me a CD of the pictures, two weeks went by with no word and I had to contact him again in which he claimed I hadn't told him to send the CD.

-Quality of work: While David did get some great photos of us that I am very thankful for, I have to say that his degree of skill in editing them is not where it should be. He claims to edit a large amount of photos, but in reality all he does is throw some filters over the picture or blur the surroundings and call it editing. He even "edits" pictures where our eyes are closed that we clearly will have no purpose for. He didn't edit for blemishes on skin (I had a bug bite on my arm that I ended up editing on all the photos myself and I made other very simple edits that really should have been done in the first place). Thank goodness my husband knows how to work editing software because he ended up re-editing the majority of our pictures.

I also couldn't believe the lack of direction that David had on the day of the wedding. For family photos he made not attempt to arrange us to look right. He took one photo with each family (in a really awkward location) and called it good. We had a beach wedding and he wasn't going to take any pictures of our wedding party on the beach!!! We had to have my maid of honor go round up the family and have them come to the beach so we could actually have some memory of them being on the beach (we are from CO, being on the beach was kind of a big deal for everyone!) If we hadn't had my maid of honor round everyone up (including bridesmaids and groomsmen) we would have absolutely no pictures of them with us on the beach!!!

I am not one to write negative reviews (this is my first ever), but I felt that I needed to pass along this information. Again, I do think that David is a nice guy, but if I had to do it all over again I would have gone in a different direction.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David at Basia Mille is THE BEST! Not only does he take the time to get to know you and suggest perfect engagement session spots, but he also is with you on your wedding day as long as you want, capturing every single moment! I've only seen a few shots from my wedding because it was less than a month ago, but I loved them all, as I did with my engagement pictures. If you want beautiful, unique pictures at the right price, go with Basia Mille!!
Wedding: 04/10/2010

miamor4321 2 Reviews
David was amazing throughout the whole process! From the engagement session to the end of our wedding night (he even sent me an email with the most amazing picture already edited & perfect that I received before the end of my night out). He was extremely attentive & put me at ease on the biggest day of my life. I have recommended him to friends that have gotten engaged & I will continue to do so in the future. I really appreciated the work that he put into my photos even more so when I was at a friends wedding recently who went with a corporate photographer & the photos were evident with not nearly the amount of personal touch, attention to detail, and the keys to giving me the memories that will last our lifetime!!
Wedding: 04/03/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David was excellent from the engagement pictures to the wedding day. I could go into everything he did right but honestly the proof is in his work. I would recommend him to anyone!!! Thank you David!!!
Wedding: 03/27/2010
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David was awesome to work with. All of our pictures were beautiful! He was extremely flexible and worked with my ever changing mind. He listened to me when I needed to vent about my wedding woes. The only downside to it all is the turnaround time for your pictures. He works by himself so all the work from start to finish is in his hands meaning it takes longer to get your pictures. It took our pictures about 5 months to arrive. The product, however, was worth the wait. We have hundreds of pictures all of them very beautiful.
Wedding: 02/27/2010
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Heath 1 Reviews
In my opinion, hiring Basia Mille Photography (David Krantzberg) was the biggest regret of my life. I say MY regret because my husband Heath (fiancé at the time we met David) did not like David from the start, and wanted to hire a different photographer.
Let’s start from the top….when Heath and I met with David back in Feb/March of 2009, for our January 23, 2010 wedding, he seemed very easy going and like a nice guy. I thought that he would be a great fit, and I was comfortable with him which was a worry of mine, since this person was going to be following us around on a huge day in our lives.
We scheduled our first engagement session with David, and were so excited about going to get our pictures done. SO when Heath and I continuously asked David when we would be able to HAVE our engagement pictures he continued to put things off by saying that we don’t get them until closer to the wedding, and then he said that he would do a second engagement shoot for us since we booked so early, this way we could get two different looks. He said that he wasn’t going to mess with the first shoots pictures until we did this second shoot, so that we could do them all together. We DESPERATLY needed some engagement pictures for the save the dates, before May, which David KNEW OF when we first met with him before hiring him. He kept putting it off, and making excuses to not give them to us, finally Heath told him how badly we needed these, and that he KNEW about this before hand and said that it would not be a problem AT ALL to get them to us. Eventually we got enough for what we needed. When we contacted David earlier that week for the second shoot, we could never get a hold of him. Finally, a couple of days before the shoot, he returned our call by saying that we weren’t scheduled on the day that we thought, even though we had proof of scheduling that date on “facebook.” He actually double booked and scheduled another couple on the same day. Well Heath and I were very frustrated because things had already started to take an awkward turn between David and ourselves. And it took so much trouble to schedule this shoot because it is such a busy time of the year for us, but we were desperate to get it done so that we could get our pictures.
Finally, I “facebook” him as a last resort. THIS he answers. He claims that he does not get any of these emails that we sent him, regardless of the fact that I have receipts on my computer of delivery... I proceeded to tell David that I have PROOF that I scheduled first, and that we scheduled the day I had written down, and that HE was wrong. He didn’t think I was correct…..so I SHOWED him the conversation we had scheduling this (on facebook of course because that’s the only means David knows how to contact anyone through). He told us that WE needed to re-schedule. Not even an “I’m sorry for the inconvenience, it was my fault…etc”. EVENTUALLY we did the second shoot.
In an e-mail, David said we were supposed to get the engagement pictures NO LATER than 30 days before the wedding. Well, almost three months later we were STILL waiting for them.
The day of the wedding, David was late. He arrived after all the bridesmaids had already had their hair done, I had had my hair halfway done and my make up was in process. I understand the wedding was all the way in Sarasota; however he had a year to prepare for this. Well, after the wedding, the family pictures were a terrible mess, David did not seem to know what he was doing at all, and we were all arranged SO awkwardly. All of the pictures that I have seen are just disappointing. Our families are awkwardly placed, half of the people you cannot even see behind others. Also, our feet are cut off in half of the pictures so you cannot see our shoes or the bottom of my dress, etc. This looks very awkward in picture frames.
All throughout the planning process David has been difficult to reach. As I mentioned, he does not answer calls or emails promptly. He claims that he never got the emails….yet some of them he would write back to randomly, and others he claimed not to get even though they were replies to what he sent me, etc. And Heath and I have not been over bearing or pushy AT ALL, it’s not like I was a bride who constantly wanted to talk to him about all these different things. We simply wanted to make sure we were on the same page, schedule what we needed to and so forth. Finally, when I realized that David was walking all over us, I let Heath call him rather than myself. Heath expressed to him via phone that we were concerned about things, and we were getting down to the wire, so hiring a different photographer was out of the question.
So David told us that the pictures would be ready no later than 6-8 weeks after the wedding. So on the 8th week, Heath called David to see how things were coming along, because we hadn’t talked to David once since the wedding. Heath continued to call David multiple times but of course David never answers. So then one day, David TEXTS Heath back, telling him that he is running a couple of weeks behind, but we are NEXT on his list of to do’s. We are momentarily satisfied. Three more weeks go by, and Heath decides to call David again for an update, Heath specified on the voicemail for David to CALL him back, not facebook or text. Finally David calls Heath back and Heath reminded him that David said that we were next, Heath told him about how he himself told us that we were, and that we would be done next. Heath also mentioned that we STILL don’t have the E-pics, which David said “Oh those are done”, well WHY DON’T WE HAVE THEM THEN?? David also claimed that he never said we were next. HOWEVER, he must have forgotten that he texted this to Heath….so we have this printed out, word for word what he said. Heath told him that we need to have our pictures by that Friday, or our money back. David continued to tell Heath that he could put our pictures on a cd right now and give it to us, Heath just told him that that was unacceptable because we PAID a lot of money for FINISHED photos. Not some that are just slapped on the cd.
It has been so upsetting to be dealing with these issues with such an important vendor. These are the only visual memories that we will have of such an important day in our lives, as well as all the hard work that we did to prepare the event surrounding that day. Heath and I have both felt that David has taken advantage of us because we are a younger couple, because every time he screwed up, he wasn’t the one that had to pay for it, it was us
When we finally received our pictures after Heath gave him the deadline, the first engagement shoot was not included. I called David and left him a voicemail to call me about this, and of course he TEXTS me back. Images were supposed to be available for viewing 5-8 weeks after the event date, we never had that option. We would have appreciated if David had shown us these proofs so that we could show him our favorite photos so that he could edit those. Rather than choose which photos to edit himself, which there are edited pictures with either Heath or my eyes closed, or half open. Also there are multiple of these photos where we aren’t even paying attention in the picture that he chose to edit in different photo tones (ex. Sepia, black and white, etc) which makes it appear that there are more edited photos. When in reality, we can’t use one of those because of the way they look.

Basia Mille Photography responded with the following comments:
Rather than argue the accuracy of this review, all I can say is "I am sorry you weren't satisfied." Statistically speaking, all of my clients are happy with this one exception and while I cannot show your photos here - I am happy to provide them to anyone who would like to see them.
Wedding: 01/23/2010
 813-453-8840
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire