The Island House

Services: Ceremony, Reception
Maximum capacity: 300
Catering: Outside vendors welcome
About Us
The Island House sits on a private island on the banks of the Stono River. With stunning sunsets, a 180 degree view of the river, and a constant island breeze you can be assured to have your own little piece of the Lowcountry.

The Island House is a private events venue on the Stono River, with a gorgeous view of our small marina. We own the whole island, so you can expect unsurpassed security and privacy for your big day. The house is included for our brides to get ready for a beautiful waterfront wedding ceremony.

Until now, we have never offered the Island House to the public.
The Island House has hosted numerous birthday parties, wedding receptions, oyster roasts, Rehearsal Dinners, and more. We would love to share this property with you for your special event.

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I recently got married at The Island House and I have so many fabulous memories of the space. First of all, Paul and his family are great to work with and that’s a big part of renting venue space. When it came time to tour various spaces in Charleston for my ceremony / reception, I toured all the well-known wedding reception spaces I knew of including the William Aiken House, the Historic Rice Mill, Boone Hall, Gibbes Museum of Art, the Tea Plantation, the Harbour Club, Middleton Place, Thomas Bennett House, Wickliffe House, etc. Then I ran across a website for The Island House which we had to go see because it was new to me. I had not heard of it and it was on my old route to work when I lived in Charleston. When we arrived to tour the indoor / outdoor space around the house, my decision was. The space is secluded and is situated right on the water. The number of photo opportunities is endless. We had the cocktail hour in the front of the house on the oyster patio while the reception was hosted behind the house under the tent. Several of my guests were from Charleston and they too had not been to a wedding at The Island House before so it was exciting on that end as well – that it is still new to a lot of locals in Charleston. The interior of the house is very southern and I just loved it. The package that Paul and his family have out together for potential brides is amazing. They offer much more than many venues and have worked really hard to improve the grounds for weddings.

• Wedding: 09/23/2012
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
The Island House is a wedding Venue from Charleston, SC. We service weddings througout the local area, including Charleston, Savannah, and Atlanta. The Island House is a professional wedding Venue that has been part of the Charleston, SC wedding industry for 5 years. We specialize in events on the water
843-647-4362
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards