91 Reviews for The Island House

Uncovered Outdoor (9)
Event Planning (9)
Event Rentals (9)
91 The Island House Reviews

The Island House was a dream. It is so convenient how the girls are able to get ready upstairs and the guys can get ready downstairs. You also have the use of the house so you have an accessible kitchen/bathroom/ living room for all your things. The scenery is breathtaking. It is the perfect place to have the ceremony and reception in the same place, making it easier for you and your guest. Thank you for sharing a place where so many wonderful memories were made.

Profile Picture Corine, 5/4/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Covered Outdoor, Event Planning

The Island House was an absolute dream. I could not have pictured a more perfect place to get married. Lynn was amazing and so was the other staff. Lynn was quick to answer emails and allowed us to go visit the site as many times as we wanted. We go ready there and saw them scrubbing the grounds to insure the ground was clean for the wedding. They were extremely accommodating. The Island House was perfect in every way.

Profile Picture Ali, 3/11/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing location and scenery ! great accommodations for getting ready and parking !

Profile Picture User7477818, Recently Married, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Rentals

The Island House was an amazing venue and I am so thankful I was able to book for our wedding. Lynn is incredibly helpful throughout the whole process and quickly responds to any questions. She was easy to work with and even provided recommendations for other vendors when I asked. Everything went so smoothly the day of and all of the information and advice she provided. We did ceremony on the lawn, cocktail hour on the front patio and reception under the tent and everything was beautiful and flowed so well! I didnt have to spend as much on flowers because the venue is already beautiful! I highly recommend The Island House and am so glad we got married here!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Event Rentals, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor

We decided to book the Island House sight unseen just based on the glowing reviews here! Lynn was outstanding and a great resource because she was married here too. She gave us a full tour of the venue and we immediately fell in love with the beautiful grounds and the quirky manor house! There were dolphins swimming in the river when we first visited, and then dolphins swam by right before the ceremony started - the guests loved it! Every photo that I've seen from the wedding day shows off the AMAZING view of the water, the marina, the pretty azalea bushes, or the wild flower fields. Booking the Island House was our first decision in the wedding planning process, but it was definitely one of our best decisions!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Chairs, Tables, Tents, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Rentals

The Island House was the perfect venue you for a perfect wedding day. Lynn was fabulous and kept me from losing my mind during the planning from another state! The attention to detail and professionalism was top notch!

Profile Picture Wendy, 5/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

I got married at the Island House in the beginning of April and it was the absolute perfect wedding venue! The venue itself is stunning, and Lynn was so helpful throughout the whole process! She was very responsive to all of our questions and even gave me some suggestions for other vendors, which was a huge help for me! The inside of the house was perfect for the whole wedding party to get ready in the day of while still keeping the girls and guys separated. And it was so much fun to be right there and be able to see the setup process and everything come together the day of.
Our guests could not stop raving about the beautiful setting and how smoothly everything ran!
Our entire experience was amazing, I could not have asked for anything better for our wedding!

Profile Picture Andrea, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Tents, Parking

I cannot begin to express how AMAZING this venue and Lynn, the coordinator from the Island House, were for our wedding. The venue itself is a gem! It was such a beautiful background for our wedding and provided beautiful space for the ceremony and reception. I love the house where you can get ready on site and the tent set up on the water was great space for our reception. We also used the front of the house for cocktail hour. I also could not have pulled off our wedding the way we did without Lynn. Her coordination services went above and beyond what we would have expected! She was so sweet and easy to work with, very responsive throughout the process, and very calm and amazingly helpful on the day of our wedding. It was a bit windy on our wedding day, which changed up a couple of our plans and Lynn was so great in helping us with Plan B's as needed. I would hire her again in a heartbeat!! Thank you so much to Lynn and the Island House for making our special day so perfect!

Profile Picture Terri, 4/7/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Chairs, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents

I just had my wedding at The Island House in December and it was perfect! My husband and I spend a lot of time on the water so we knew we wanted to get married at The Island House before we even took an official tour. The inside of the house is beautiful and I loved that the girls could get ready upstairs and the boys get ready downstairs. I also liked watching the set up and guests arriving from the upstairs! The grounds are well maintained and provide a beautiful, natural scenery for any wedding. We had a gorgeous sunset happening towards the end of our ceremony which made for some great pictures. I am so happy we were able to get married at The Island House! I wouldn't change a single thing!

Profile Picture User7699769, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

From the very beginning my parents and I fell in love with the venue. Lynn was so helpful, honest, and easy going so we loved to communicate with her about wedding questions and advice. The house is really fun and works well for big or small wedding parties. My husband and and I had a large wedding party and it was big enough to even have some of our family members use the house to get ready in and eat some food before the wedding. We had about 100 guests and could have easily added another 100 to the number, but preferred a smaller group. Our wedding date was Dec 4th so it was 50-60 degrees after the sun went down. We originally didn't want to have the sides of the tent down for the reception, but we had to for the weather. It ended up looking really pretty and we stayed very warm inside. Plus the lights from the DJ looked great with the sides down.
Our wedding was the best day of our lives so far and I wouldn't change a thing about the venue!! Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Rosie, 12/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake

Very beautiful venue with so many options on where to have the ceremony space! I Can't wait for my wedding here in November!

Profile Picture Aggie, 11/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My Daughter picked the island house a year ago with me there just agreeing on what she wanted! Knowing November is tricky cause you never know what the weather will do! We could of not asked for a more beautiful picture perfect day! Lynn was so Helpful and right there to be on hand for all our needs! The venue was perfect for warm or cold weather! I recommend anyone who is looking for a real Charleston southern scenery and a perfect host like Lynn and the crew at the Island House to book there special day there you won't be sorry ! Pati Dallimonti. 11-11-16

Profile Picture Pati, 11/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wife and I recently were scheduled to have a destination wedding at the Island House on September 2nd, 2016. We had both chosen this beautiful venue a year prior, and had visited the site twice. The view on the property was simply amazing. The Island House was very flexible and helpful with the needs of our caterer, DJ, bar service, and tent rental company. Unfortunately Hurricane Hermine decided to interrupt everything for us. We arrived two days prior to our wedding, and we met with Lynn, the event coordinator, who had been working with us from the beginning. Hurricane Hermine still was on course to hit the area of Charleston. Lynn and her team worked extremely hard to make sure that this special day would happen for us. We wanted to wait to see if the hurricane would change its course, but we really did not have much time. Lynn and her team went above and beyond to find us a backup venue. In a moment like that, you want to just break down, because everything isn't going as planned, but Lynn and her team made it all possible. We had to move our wedding to an indoor location and everything was wonderful. We understand that the Island House did not have to do what they did, but the fact that they did, it was truly a blessing. I would highly recommend anyone to get married at this location. The Event Coordinator, Lynn was very professional and simply such a great person. Her staff was amazing as well, and even the owner reached out to my wife and I, which truly meant a lot. Thank You Island House

Profile Picture User7191131, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We so so enjoyed our experience with the Island House! As soon as I saw their website, I knew it was my dream venue and looking back, it definitely didn't disappoint! Our guests loved the sweet southern feel of the charming house as well as lovely view of the water. We did our ceremony in from of the house and our reception behind. Lynn and the staff there were very helpful and could not have made the day (and months before) go more smoothly. Our vendors loved working with the Island House staff and we were thankful for how flexible they were in helping our visions come to life. As I look back, I am so grateful we chose the Island House and would do it over and over again if I could!

Profile Picture Tracey, 5/27/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Tents, Parking, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

The Island House is such a beautiful venue and has waterfront views like no other in Charleston. It even comes with a tent and some rentals which helps with your rental costs. If possible get Lynn to be your week of coordinator. She is extremely organized, and will make sure your day goes off without a hitch. I can't say enough how crucial having her helping us was on our wedding day - she keeps everything moving and is on top of everything. The entire Island House team was great to work with and I would recommend this venue & team over and over. Thank you!!

Profile Picture User4811193, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Event Planning, Event Rentals

Every experience we had with the Island House was a great one. From our initial visit with the owner to view the property, to our coordination with Lynn, we had no complaints. The venue was perfect for us. We loved the water view, the cocktail area in the front and tent space. We were really impressed with what was included in our rental. Everything was clean and really well cared for, you can tell they really take pride in their facility. Even though they had an event the night before you would never have known when we got there... it was perfect.

Profile Picture Roxanna, 4/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I couldn't have been happier with The Island House for our wedding. Lynn and the staff are so nice and helpful. Lynn is very responsive to emails and calls and gets the job done! The venue and grounds are absolutely beautiful and well maintained. There are so many areas you can utilize for an outdoor wedding and ceremony! Our guests loved it! We used the salon, caterer, band and rental company that they suggested as well and everything was perfect! It was priced very reasonably compared to other outdoor venues in the area as well! Perfection!

Sarah

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Book it now and make sure to add on the wedding coordinator, Lynn. She was amazing, worth every penny. I had several members of the wedding party and guests compliment the wedding coordinator. She was fantastic and made the planning and day of a breeze. The Island House and its surrounding property is gorgeous, the perfect setting for a low country wedding. The convenience of being able to get ready at the house and have the ceremony + reception in the same setting was a huge plus for us. We saw 12 venues, mostly downtown, The Island House had us as soon as we saw it.

Profile Picture Emily, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a beautiful venue! My daughter chose the Island House for her wedding in December. I was a little freaked out and not sure coming from the north and trying to plan a wedding from afar. However, Lynn was a doll to work with. We lucked out with the weather and our guests told us it was the prettiest wedding they had ever been to. I am sure they meant the bride :-)...but the venue was magical. A tent with lights by the river. A beautiful sunset, a Carolina blue sky with stars that were sparkling.
Lynn attended to every detail that we asked for and then some. Our guests loved the fire pit. Because of Lynn I was able to be a comfortable guest at the wedding also, she kept things running like a well oiled machine. I would definitely recommend the Island House for your wedding or special event.

Profile Picture Mary, 12/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Event Planning, Parking

We hosted our wedding at The Island House in early November. It was the most perfect day because the venue is absolutely stunning and the team that works with the venue is incredible. The venue is perfect for those who want to be outdoors by the water. The views are beautiful and the privacy offered by this venue make the wedding day so special because the property is buzzing with all that is going on for your event. I highly recommend this venue for anyone looking to host a special event!!

Profile Picture User6037620, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married on 10/23/15 at The Island House and could not have imagined a more perfect day. We chose The Island House over a year and half before the wedding, after looking at many of Charleston's "prime" venues we were becoming a little discouraged, we wanted something that gave the perfect lowcountry feel, but that would give us the intimate vibe we wanted. Just pulling up to the property we knew we had the perfect venue. Every element is amazing, the house, the interior decor, the patios, lawn, fields of flowers, the water. There is nothing lacking. Lynn was so helpful in explaining all of the many extras that are included (such as chairs, tables, and permanent structured tent) and the many details that can be added (boxcar bar, cafe lighting, tent liner, etc.), we felt comfortable and so excited! We worked with Lynn and Katie Speights (Katie Jean Events) to plan our wedding day and we couldn't have been happier. All of our guests raved about the location and all the details!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/23/15, 15 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Event Planning, Event Rentals

Having our wedding at the Island House was the best decision we made during the whole planning process! The atmosphere was absolutely perfect! The weather was also perfect! We wanted a Charleston wedding and that's exactly what we and all of our guests got, a true Charleston feeling! We also hired Lynn as our coordinator and she was amazing!! She was responsive, helpful, attentive, fun, and professional! She helped with so much and we were so grateful to have her there during the whole process! the whole experience was perfect!

Profile Picture Tara, 10/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I knew I loved the Island House the first time I drove by it on the water. I wanted to get married their before I was even engaged. Lynn the coordinator is extremely helpful and always answers my emails the day I send them. I get married in two weeks and can't wait!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding at The Island House on 10/10/15 and it was absolutely perfect! Most of our guests came from out of town and they thought the venue was beautiful and one of a kind. My husband and I had trouble finding a venue after looking at so many places, but right when we got to The Island House we knew it was the place for us. It is private, on the water, has a beautiful field of flowers, and more than enough room for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. I cannot say enough how perfect this venue was, thank you so much for helping making our wedding day simply amazing!!! If you are looking for a wedding venue, look no further.. this venue is unique, beautiful, and everything a bride could possibly ask for!!

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/10/15, 7 Reviews