5149 Trexler Avenue, Hollywood, SC 29449 Map · Phone number
· Visit website
  • Real Weddings 3

About Old Wide Awake Plantation

Located in Hollywood, South Carolina, Old Wide Awake Plantation is a wedding venue. This mansion has been hosting ceremonies and receptions since 1991. It was originally built at the onset of the 19th century, but in recent years has undergone various refurbishments. These include extending the upstairs veranda and adding a travertine patio beside the house.

Facilities and Capacity

The Old Wide Awake Plantation can house weddings of up to 250 guests, although smaller gatherings are also welcomed. Ceremonies can be held on the tree-lined avenue that leads up to the estate, where couples can say their vows under the old oak trees. They can choose between indoor and outdoor event spaces, in order to best reflect the tone of their wedding. The recent addition of the patio can be tented to accommodate events, whatever the weather might be. A get-ready room is available for the wedding party to use at their own discretion, facilitating those last-minute preparations on the big day. Guests can attend a sophisticated cocktail reception on the wrap-around porch, or have a banquet meal in the outdoor tent. The ivy-covered front steps offer an opportunity for wedding portraits, as do many corners of the property’s garden.

Couples are welcome to choose their favorite businesses to complement their celebrations. The Old Wide Awake Plantation can provide a wedding coordination service to guide couples through the property and customize it to fit their wedding’s theme. Lighting and sound facilities can be supplied so that every guest can hear the speeches and the night’s proceedings. Setup and cleanup services are available to further support the couple through the hectic process of planning and hosting their wedding. Wireless internet connections are provided to help the couple and guests to stay in touch with those who were unable to make it to the occasion. The property is pet-friendly, ensuring that your four-legged friends needn’t be left out, and on-site parking is available for your convenience.

Follow Old Wide Awake Plantation on

Old Wide Awake Plantation 5
  • Janea

Janea Mccoy · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect Venue!

Old Wide Awake Plantation was absolutely perfect! It was everything I pictured and so much more! Margaret is so great to work with. Perfect location to have your Ceremony AND Reception!

Old Wide Awake Plantation 6
    Old Wide Awake Plantation 7
    Old Wide Awake Plantation 8
    Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Ronne

Ronne Bates · Married on 10/05/2019

Better than I could have imagined!

Six years ago now my parents bought a house in the development next to Old Wide Awake and whenever I was at their house I would run through the park, down the road past the plantation, and through the woods next to the venue. Being a pretty non traditional girl I was surprised when I found myself thinking, “If I ever get married I’m going to do it right here”. And so when my fiancé proposed on my parents dock within site of Wide Awake Park I knew this was meant to be. We booked the venue with Margaret McKenzie the very next day and never looked back.

Old Wide Awake and Wide Awake Park are beautiful all by themselves but wow did everything really become gorgeous with the efforts of all of my vendors coordinated by Margaret McKenzie and her beautiful daughter Meredith McKenzie who came just to help her mom with my day!!!

Margaret gracefully dealt with an out of town bride with some nonconventional opinions complete with spreadsheets, PowerPoints, and a million “visions”. And wouldn’t you know that my “vision” truly came to life at the park and the plantation! Margaret was able to coordinated a pretty complicated boat entrance complete with music from 3 different sources during the ceremony as well as a bridal party who wasn’t even able to rehearse in the real time setting. I continue to get compliments on my wedding every day and when I look at the pictures I can’t even believe it really was my wedding at all!

Thank you so much to Allison Littlefield (for also stepping in last minute and dealing with my antics), Kacie Fauling at Lashes & Lace who made me feel and look beautiful on my day and the week leading up to it, Hambys catering for incredible food and dealing with our 180 dozen homemade cookies (not an exaggeration), Squeeze bar for having such amazing service that there was never a line or empty glass, EventHaus for the incredible linens and rentals, Ooh Events for all of the amazing furniture and ceremony chandelier, Michael Peters for the most personal ceremony, Lauren Myers for not only sharing her wedding spot with us but capturing such beautiful photos, Phil Constantine at BunnDJ for keeping the party going so well that total strangers felt like friends (he truly knew us better than we know ourselves), Southern Smoke for an amazing guest experience and hospitality that really completed the whole vintage classic vibe, Wide Awake park for such a beautiful ceremony spot that they continue to improve, and Old Wide Awake plantation for dreams truly come true.

A very special thank you to Wildflowers Inc for the most incredible flowers and draping that they literally worked on for days leading up to our wedding.

And the most special gratitude to the McKenzie family who treated us like their own family in everything they did. Rob McKenzie went completely out of his way to do things he’s never done before literally the week of the wedding. Meredith McKenzie who drove from a different state to help her mom nail literally everything I threw at them in my 20 page PowerPoint.

The warmest gratitude possible to Margaret McKenzie whom always made me feel supported and wouldn’t stop until things were perfect. She made me feel so comfortable that I just found out I was pregnant for the whole month leading up to the wedding and I never felt the slightest bit exhausted!!! I always felt like Margaret put me first and defended me even when I probably was wrong and I’ll never forget that.

Ben, the baby, and I thank you all from the bottom of our hearts!!!!

For more photos of our incredible day you can visit our amazing photographers website at:

Old Wide Awake Plantation 9
    Old Wide Awake Plantation 21
    Old Wide Awake Plantation 22
    Sent on 10/24/2019

Old Wide Awake Plantation FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 3500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 3500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 3500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 3500.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Clean Up
    Parking
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Get Ready Rooms
    Lighting / Sound
    Outside Vendors
    Pet Friendly
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    March
    April
    May
    June
    September
    October
    November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    July
    August
    December

Real Weddings

• Melissa Miley Photography
    Melissa Miley Photography Wedding Photographers

Gorgeous venue! I have photographed a few weddings at Old Wide Awake over the last few years and it is always a pleasure to work with Margaret. It is a perfect spot for a laid back country style wedding or an upscale Charleston bride. Beautiful house, grounds, and so versatile!

• Just Eat This! Catering
    Just Eat This! Catering Wedding Caterers

We love catering at Old Wide Awake! Working with Margaret is always a pleasure and she makes sure that every detail is covered and is very helpful to the vendors. This venue is a timeless piece of history and is great inside and out. We always look forward to catering there and hope to be back again soon.

• 5149 Trexler Avenue Hollywood, SC, 29449 See on map