5149 Trexler Avenue, Hollywood, SC 29449 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 10 to 250
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 3

About Old Wide Awake Plantation

Since 1991, Old Wide Awake Plantation - a venue in Hollywood, South Carolina - has been delivering southern charm to many couples on their wedding day. Experience this plantation's southern flair on your special day from the very minute you and your guests step foot in this plantation home built back in the 1800s. While it originally started off as a 24-hour convenience store, this elegant mansion transformed over the years into the charming and cozy venue that it is today.

Facilities and Capacity
The Old Wide Awake Plantation welcomes up to 250 of your wedding guests. This historic home can also host both small and large wedding ceremonies and celebrations- it just depends on how intimate or opulent you want your special day to be. You can choose from both indoor and outdoor options for your ceremony. When you and your guests first arrive on property and take in the tree-lined entrance and wrap-around porch, you will truly feel welcomed. Other elements such as the seating areas or bar area provide the perfect atmosphere to enjoy the southern estate with family and friends.

Couples are welcome to host other events connected to their wedding on property. The Old Wide Awake Plantation hosts bridal showers, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, and receptions in addition to wedding ceremonies. To make your stay here more relaxing, the team offers wedding planning that make carrying out your wedding plans much easier. Other services the team offers to couples include:

• Setup

Old Wide Awake Plantation 4
Old Wide Awake Plantation 5
  • Ronne

Ronne Bates · Married on 10/05/2019

Better than I could have imagined!

Six years ago now my parents bought a house in the development next to Old Wide Awake and whenever I was at their house I would run through the park, down the road past the plantation, and through the woods next to the venue. Being a pretty non traditional girl I was surprised when I found myself thinking, “If I ever get married I’m going to do it right here”. And so when my fiancé proposed on my parents dock within site of Wide Awake Park I knew this was meant to be. We booked the venue with Margaret McKenzie the very next day and never looked back.

Old Wide Awake and Wide Awake Park are beautiful all by themselves but wow did everything really become gorgeous with the efforts of all of my vendors coordinated by Margaret McKenzie and her beautiful daughter Meredith McKenzie who came just to help her mom with my day!!!

Margaret gracefully dealt with an out of town bride with some nonconventional opinions complete with spreadsheets, PowerPoints, and a million “visions”. And wouldn’t you know that my “vision” truly came to life at the park and the plantation! Margaret was able to coordinated a pretty complicated boat entrance complete with music from 3 different sources during the ceremony as well as a bridal party who wasn’t even able to rehearse in the real time setting. I continue to get compliments on my wedding every day and when I look at the pictures I can’t even believe it really was my wedding at all!

Thank you so much to Allison Littlefield (for also stepping in last minute and dealing with my antics), Kacie Fauling at Lashes & Lace who made me feel and look beautiful on my day and the week leading up to it, Hambys catering for incredible food and dealing with our 180 dozen homemade cookies (not an exaggeration), Squeeze bar for having such amazing service that there was never a line or empty glass, EventHaus for the incredible linens and rentals, Ooh Events for all of the amazing furniture and ceremony chandelier, Michael Peters for the most personal ceremony, Lauren Myers for not only sharing her wedding spot with us but capturing such beautiful photos, Phil Constantine at BunnDJ for keeping the party going so well that total strangers felt like friends (he truly knew us better than we know ourselves), Southern Smoke for an amazing guest experience and hospitality that really completed the whole vintage classic vibe, Wide Awake park for such a beautiful ceremony spot that they continue to improve, and Old Wide Awake plantation for dreams truly come true.

A very special thank you to Wildflowers Inc for the most incredible flowers and draping that they literally worked on for days leading up to our wedding.

And the most special gratitude to the McKenzie family who treated us like their own family in everything they did. Rob McKenzie went completely out of his way to do things he’s never done before literally the week of the wedding. Meredith McKenzie who drove from a different state to help her mom nail literally everything I threw at them in my 20 page PowerPoint.

The warmest gratitude possible to Margaret McKenzie whom always made me feel supported and wouldn’t stop until things were perfect. She made me feel so comfortable that I just found out I was pregnant for the whole month leading up to the wedding and I never felt the slightest bit exhausted!!! I always felt like Margaret put me first and defended me even when I probably was wrong and I’ll never forget that.

Ben, the baby, and I thank you all from the bottom of our hearts!!!!

For more photos of our incredible day you can visit our amazing photographers website at:

Old Wide Awake Plantation 6
    Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Danica

Danica · Married on 05/25/2019

Dreamy venue!!!

Old Wide Awake Plantation was truly a DREAM venue for us! We had an outdoor wedding in the month of May and everything could not have been more perfect. From the ceremony on the river under the grand oak, to the reception under the stars up at the beautiful white house, this venue is the definition of southern charm. The venue manager and staff are very professional and made everything seamless and perfect. Thank you Old Wide Awake for the best day of our lives!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Old Wide Awake Plantation FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 3500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 3500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 3500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 3500.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Clean Up
    Parking
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Get Ready Rooms
    Lighting / Sound
    Outside Vendors
    Pet Friendly
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    March
    April
    May
    June
    September
    October
    November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    July
    August
    December

Real Weddings

• Melissa Miley Photography
    Melissa Miley Photography Wedding Photographers

Gorgeous venue! I have photographed a few weddings at Old Wide Awake over the last few years and it is always a pleasure to work with Margaret. It is a perfect spot for a laid back country style wedding or an upscale Charleston bride. Beautiful house, grounds, and so versatile!

• Just Eat This! Catering
    Just Eat This! Catering Wedding Caterers

We love catering at Old Wide Awake! Working with Margaret is always a pleasure and she makes sure that every detail is covered and is very helpful to the vendors. This venue is a timeless piece of history and is great inside and out. We always look forward to catering there and hope to be back again soon.

• 5149 Trexler Avenue Hollywood, 29449 See on map