The Colonnade Hotel

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Can I give 10 stars? While we have not had our actual wedding yet, I feel compelled to write a review based on our experience so far with the Colonnade Hotel (just booking the venue)!

I had one week to choose my Boston reception venue during a visit in July. After looking at 16 venues including 4 and 5 star hotels, the State room, Alden Castle, and one venue in Newport, we chose the Colonnade because we were *certain* that they would make our day special.

During our visits, the staff at the Colonnade bent over backward for us. On my first visit in July, the senior catering manager (Gabi) had a table set in a private room to demonstrate the house linens, napkin choices, and place settings, which helped me better envision what the place setting would look like. She also gave me a bunch of Boston bridal magazines, chocolate covered strawberries and a gift bag for visiting. I was running from back to back appointments, starving, and so stressed that the little touch totally made my day. No other venue did that.

On our second visit, Gabi arranged for us to actually meet with the Executive Chef (Chef Nick) and he showed us numerous pictures of the food he prepares. He is present for every wedding and seems very involved in the entire wedding banquet experience. He sold my fiancé and I with his personality. He talked about food with such passion, that we decided to stay for a delicious dinner in their restaurant Brasserie Jo afterward. The food was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Their event space and guest rooms are updated, so they are classic, modern, new, and clean. The wedding package is comparable to most of the other venues, but their customer service is easily head and shoulders above any other venue in Boston, Cambridge, or Rhode Island.

Gabi is hands on in everything, and only does one wedding a night. She is extremely responsive, and has an awesome "can do" attitude! I cannot say enough about she and chef, and we cannot wait for our wedding at the Colonnade!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
120 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02116

Exclusive weddings at The Colonnade Hotel sets a new standard for "once in a life-time occasion.” From rooftop pool views of Boston to our majestic ballrooms featuring imported Italian black & white marble, our re-imagined hotel offers a sleek new design with impeccable service dedicated towards providing a truly unique celebration. Nestled in the heart of the fashionable Back Bay, we welcome you to visit our recent $25 million dollar hotel re-invention and experience first-hand this enchanted urban oasis. Please contact our Wedding Specialist to help you plan your special day at The Colonnade Hotel.

+/- read less