Sportsmen's Lodge Events Center

4.3
Profile Picture
Amanda
10/15/2011

Overall, the experience was great. I wish it was a little less pricy (and I wish that we tried to negotiate a little more), but what we got was better than I could've hoped for. It's funny, because at first I was not really impressed by the pictures of the venue, but decided to look anyway. Once there, I felt like I finally found our place.

The food was FANTASTIC! Although I heard good things, I was a little nervous about it until we were at our tasting. It was so good, we wanted to lick the plates clean. We ended up getting Beef Tenderloin with mushroom sauce, Salmon with citrus sauce, vegetarian lasagna rolls, Chinese chicken salad, and a few appetizers. We got a lot of compliments over the food during and after the reception.

The venue itself is very pretty and the reception room (Starlight) worked very well with our needs. I didn't feel like I needed to dress up the ceremony site (we had the larger site) too much, which saved on costs.

Melissa was super helpful and answered all of my questions (hundreds of questions) with professionalism and promptness. I was very pleased by her helpfulness. You may be able to negotiate more with the other catering managers, but I know that Melissa was very reliable. I only wish that I could have also had her help the day of our wedding to iron out any kinks. But that's why it's necessary to have a day-of-coordinator. For example, if Melissa were available, she might have been able to direct vendors. My fiance (now husband) happened to notice a florist set up our ceremony site with another couple's flowers (Sportsmen's Lodge has two ceremony sites, same day). If Melissa or another staff member were more present, that might not have happened, but again REALLY important to have a day-of-wedding coordinator because once the problem was noticed, it was quickly resolved.

Oh, and if you book here, please ask lots of questions about the contract. It seems more strict than I found the actual practice of the venue to be. For example, the contract may say one meal choice only, but I was allowed to choose 2 plus a vegetarian option, not counting anybody with a special diet for no charge.

All in all, I am very very pleased with how things turned out. All the staff was super helpful and professional. The food was fabulous. The catering manager was a great help. My guests really enjoyed the venue and a few people told me they've never been to such an elegant wedding :) That's a great compliment to the beauty of the venue (without having extremely outrageous prices tacked on).

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
12833 Ventura Boulevard, Studio City, CA 91604
BLOG

Ten Unique Venues - One Beautiful Location

The Sportsmen's Lodge Events Center combines a 40,000 Sq. ft. event, conference center and restaurant venue with the beauty of an urban forest. The Event Center boasts towering redwood trees and lush landscaping, as well as our famous waterfalls and ponds. Bridges and decks connect the various indoor and outdoor spaces, peaceful and lovely, ami dst the busy, trendy and conveniently located community of Studio City.

The Sportsmen's Lodge Event Center offers eleven unique event environments, as well as garden settings for wedding ceremonies, receptions and dinners. Our exquisitely designed River Rock Lounge, restaurant and bar, is also available for private rental. Executive Chef Marcos Arana offers creatively presented and delicious cuisine, tailored to each client's individual needs.

Our experienced Event Managers may assist you with menu and bar planning, space design and decor, audio-visual, and other services as requested.

In the first half of the 20th Century, the Sportsmen's Lodge was known for its trout-fishing lake where families came to catch and eat their own dinners, cooked courtesy of the Lodge's restaurant.  For detailed historical information and vintage photos, please check out Wikipedia.

The Sportsmen's Lodge Events Center has long been a tradition in the San Fernando Valley, with a loyal base of fans and clients, including many

celebrities and dignitaries. The Center, and its adjacent Hotel, remain a very popular spot for Wedding Ceremonies and Receptions, Mitzvahs, Corporate, Academic and Cultural Events, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Family Reunions, Public Events and Concerts.

Details
Services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Engagement Party, Reception
Maximum capacity: 1000
Catering: Offered in-house, Outside vendors welcome
Sportsmen's Lodge Events Center is a wedding and reception venue from Los Angeles. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Studio City, San Fernando Valley, and Southern California. Sportsmen's Lodge Events Center is a professional wedding and reception venue that has been part of the Los Angeles wedding industry for 50 years. We specialize in full service event hosting for weddings, ceremonies, receptions and rehearsal dinners.