Hayne Photographers

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I loved working with Scott and Adina! We used them for our engagement pictures, my bridal portraits, and our wedding.

Adina and Scott are an amazing team, and they are perfect professionals. They worked tirelessly to get every single shot absolutely perfect. We must have taken pictures for hours before the ceremony, and they never tired of making sure we were in the perfect location and the perfect pose. Scott is amazing at visualizing the shots, and Adina was always right behind him, perfecting the lighting. They also brought their son, who was the second shooter, and their new daughter in law, who ran the photo booth. Everyone was professional, upbeat, and willing to do whatever I needed.

When it seemed like there was a possibility of rain, I asked whether they would be willing to work in it. My other vendors were crabby about it, but Adina cheerfully told me they would be sure to bring their umbrellas and make it work. It is EXACTLY this attitude that means the most to a stressed-out bride.

When I saw the slideshow of images at my reception, I was blown away. There wasn't a single bad picture; in fact, everything was completely exquisite. It was amazing.

If you're looking for a wedding photographer, you should definitely check out their website. They have a really artistic photographic style that I love, and that definitely creates sensational wedding photos.

I can't wait to see all the pictures! What a great experience!

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
812 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA 23505
BLOG

Our philosophy of shooting is guided by a core principle of finding what the "moment" is and capturing it. We seek to use more than just my eye looking through a viewfinder. When shooting we use all our senses to find scenes that make us feel good and appeal to us. When shooting people, we try to capture the small details of what makes them unique. Everyone has them. It's the inner beauty that is sometimes covered up that makes us all special. We use our own style that says who we are as photographers and it comes from the heart. As long as we shoot from the heart, our life, our passions, our work, will be special.

While there are many ways to shoot a picture,let us explain some of the technical details of how we shoot. We use wide open apertures to isolate the subject on a blurred background. This technique of shallow depth of field achieves the effect of focusing the viewer on the emotion of the subject. We tend to use longer focal length lenses which draws the subject closer and enables the viewing of details that otherwise may be missed. It allows us to remain at a distance and not draw attention to us. We will use wide angle lenses as the scene demands such as when "shooting from the hip". Using available light in all our images gives smoother skin tones and overall more pleasing lighting and colors. When possible we use the natural light provided. This requires the use of expensive and specialized lenses but the effect is worth it and the resulting images are unique. Always keeping an eye on the background is important as the tones and texture can enhance the image immensely. We always try to incorporate other people in the background of the image as their emotions and reactions to the subject can add to the moment. For example, when shooting the bride & groom dancing, having the parents or close friends in the shot can add to the excitement and emotion of the shot.

Our ultimate goal is to tell a story and to help people remember their special day for years to come. Our photography seeks to bring back those feelings of the day the shots were taken and evoke the tangible reminders of the emotion and excitement experienced. We hope that we can have a positive impact on the lives and marriages that we photograph.

+/- read less