Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Wow! What a wonderful place to get married. The staff are extremely friendly and accomodating... from letting us store alcohol and other wedding items there after the rehearsal to letting us have dinner in an upstairs room immediately after the ceremony... it was literally the perfect place. I'm still getting rave reviews from family and friends.

When we were originally thinking about the style of wedding we wanted, I realized the sit down dinner wasn't for us. We wanted something that was more about people moving around and talking to each other. I also realized that as much as I enjoy flowers and decor, I'm not one to spend much time on those kinds of details. Glenview was perfect since the mansion is already so elegant... only a few touches of flowers (that I totally let the florist figure out) would be enough.

I'm a fan of the art deco era of the 1920's. The history of the mansion was an extra touch for me... and between the beautiful grounds and the art gallery upstairs, guests had an extra something to enjoy during the cocktail hour... perfect!

We also wanted to get married outside... and even though it was early Nov... we got really lucky with amazing weather. Their garden options (yes, plural) were fantastic. Can't imagine how pretty it is in the Spring. Having both the inside and outside option for the wedding was awesome; I never stressed about the weather even with such a rainy October.

I would say that my 165 guests were a bit tight in the conservatory for watching our first dance and the toasts. We've got a relaxed crew, so it made no difference, but I could see a high strung MOB being a little upset about it.

I also can't imagine how we would have figured out an indoor ceremony for that many if that's what it came down to. I suppose something on the order of 125 would be a perfect number. I just got lucky all things considered!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
Rockville Civic Center Park, 603 Edmonston Drive, Rockville, MD 20851

Glenview Mansion is an elegant 1926 home included on the National Register of Historic Places.

Glenview Mansion is an elegant 1926 home included on the National Register of Historic Places because of its significant architecture and Formal Gardens. Located in the 153-acre Rockville Civic Center Park, this grand mansion now hosts public and private events throughout the year.

Glenview Mansion was built to entertain and is still t he perfect location for weddings, private parties, conferences, meetings and many other special occasions. Every rental includes a customized set-up to support the unique needs of your event.

Whether you host an event here or simply come to discover an art gallery exhibit, a monthly Sunday afternoon concert, or the beautiful formal gardens, we hope you will return again and again.

The first floor of Glenview Mansion is fully furnished. The second floor is home to our Art Gallery. Maximum capacity for the Mansion is 225 people. Furnishings in the social rooms of the Mansion include inviting chairs, couches and occasional tables. The Dining Room hosts your caterer’s buffet, while the Conservatory accommodates ceremonies and dancing. The Mansion is perfect for formal or casual buffet dining for any size group up to 225; can accommodate seated formal dining for a group of 50 or less.

Business hours are Monday through Friday: 8:30am-5pm
Tours are by appointment; please contact us to schedule a tour.

For more information, call or e-mail Glenview Mansion staff at 240-314-8660
Paige Janzen pjanzen@rockvillemd.gov or Nanette Belice nbelice@rockvillemd.gov

Details
Maximum capacity: 200
Wedding services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Engagement Party, Reception
PROS I KNOW (79)
Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park is a wedding ceremony & reception venue from Rockville, MD. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Maryland, District of Columbia, and Virginia. Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park is a professional wedding venue that has been part of the DMV wedding industry for 40+ years. We specialize in offering a classic, unique venue and first-class customer service for your life celebrations