Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park Reviews

Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park 4
Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park 5
Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park 6

Jeanne · Married on 07/14/2018

I have always been impressed with the professionalism of the individuals at the Glenview Mansion who seek to make the client and patrons experience great. Sandra is a valuable asset , very knowledgeable. She and Nanette made sure we were aware of the Nature Center and all of the options going into our event, Family Retreat Day for the Childhood Brain Tumor Foundation. They also provided us with great event staff. We had worked with Brenda before and they accommodated us by having Brenda and Sandy available. The families that came to our cost free day really loved the atmosphere and it was conducive to learning while feeling at home. The children that attended enjoyed the day and also loved the Nature Center. CBTF and the nurse practitioners that organized the event were delighted with the outcome of the day. Sandra is very dedicated to providing excellent service and is very congenial. I can send photos later, they are on our main camera.

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2018

Glenview was an absolutely beautiful venue for our wedding. We barely had to do any decorations, since the venue does most of the decorating for you. The real highlight for us was Sandra, who was incredibly helpful throughout the process. Not only did she make it easy to work with the venue itself, she helped us pick three of the other vendors we ended up using, and they were all stellar recommendations. We definitely recommend Glenview, and especially Sandra!! <3

Sent on 06/05/2018

Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park's reply:

Jennifer, Thank you for your kind words - we enjoyed working with you. I was looking at Instagram and saw the beautiful picture of you posted by Brielle Davis Events. I would love to see more photos from your event. Take care and do come by and visit us. We hate when weddings are over - because we miss seeing you!

Mike · Married on 04/29/2018

Sandra was great. And accommodating even with last minute changes. The venue was perfect and met all of our requirements and made our event that much better

Valeria · Married on 02/22/2018

It was a small event, but the place made it special. Glennview team was very supportive and worked with us in of our requests and needs. It is beautiful, clean, and well organized.

Angela · Married on 01/06/2018

I loved having my wedding at Glenview! I would recommend it to anyone. I planned my wedding long-distance (I live in Utah), so I relied on Sandra Christian to answer all of my questions via email. She was always kind, prompt, and willing to take time to address my concerns. Also, the venue is gorgeous. We had a lot of guests and it still felt roomy and comfortable. I would recommend Glenview Mansion to anyone and everyone.

Julie · Married on 01/06/2018

My son and his bride had their wedding reception here on the coldest night of the year. It turned out better than we could ever imagine. It was a wonderfully welcoming space with room enough for dancing and visiting. The staff was flexible, kind and helpful. It honestly couldn't have been better.

Anna · Married on 01/01/2018

Our event went off without a hitch and we were grateful for all the care and help we received from the staff when booking the Glenview Mansion. The party we threw was for my father's 60th birthday party and it was a grand event and was made all the more perfect by this venue. Thank you!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park's reply:

Anna, It was a pleasure to work with you on this very fun event. Sandra

Drew · Married on 10/06/2017

The Glenview staff was second to none in their attention to details and overall customer satisfaction!

Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park 7
    Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park 8
    Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park 9
    Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park 10

Deborah · Married on 09/30/2017

I can't say enough good things about Sandra and her amazing team. From the day I met Sandra, I knew I wanted to have my wedding at Glenview. The grounds are so well maintained. I had to do very little decoration because the mansion is so beautifully done. They are attentive and go above and beyond to make sure that your day is the least stressful. Sandra was instrumental in recommending the best vendors as well. They have a great relationship with great vendors. I just felt so at ease through the whole process because they were so knowledgeable. I highly recommend them.

Kristina · Married on 09/23/2017

In addition, all of the staff at Glenview were so wonderful to work with. I must have called and emailed Sandra at least a couple dozen times just the last month with questions and concerns and she always responded promptly and was happy to help in any way possible. She was always very pleasant and friendly and overall just wonderful to work with, which really made the whole process so much more pleasant. Sandra also gave us many recommendations for set up of the venue for our wedding, decorations, florists, hotels and other venues in the area (as we are not familiar with the area) and all of them were perfect - we ended up using everyone she recommended. The staff is very willing to work with you and will even allow you to drop off alcohol, decorations, etc. before hand so it is less to worry about the day of the wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue with Sandra & her staff to anyone - they really made our day perfect!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park's reply:

Kristina - Thank you for your kind words - it was fun to work with you and Duane. I loved you decor items; with the gold and glitter. Your caterer; with locally sourced food and retro look was very cool. Our staff had taken pictures of your flowers - so beautiful.

Kristina · Married on 09/23/2017

Glenview Mansion is amazing!! For starters, the venue itself is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. There is no way you can drive up to it and see it on the hill and not be in total awe, the house itself is spectacular and very elegant, and the gardens are something out of a fairy tale. If you are looking for a vintage-y feel for your wedding day with a lot of class, beauty and elegance you really can not do any better than Glenview! All of our guest could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was, and also very unique compared to the usual wedding venue! In addition, all of the staff at Glenview were so wonderful to work with. I must have called and emailed Sandra at least a couple dozen times just the last month with questions and concerns and she always responded promptly and was happy to help in any way possible. She was always very pleasant and friendly and overall just wonderful to work with, which really made the whole process so much more pleasant. Sandra also gave us many recommendations for set up of the venue for our wedding, decorations, florists, hotels and other venues in the area (as we are not familiar with the area) and all of them were perfect - we ended up using everyone she recommended. The staff is very willing to work with you and will even allow you to drop off alcohol, decorations, etc. before hand so it is less to worry about the day of the wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue with Sandra

Caroline. & · Married on 07/07/2017

It is pretty certain that for most if not all, our wedding day goes down in history as one of the most beautiful and important days of our lives, it marks the beginning of a new journey and hopefully that "Forever After" story we all dream of...Where this special day takes place needs to be a place that provides the right setting to make it happen, Glenview Mansion is THAT place. The venue in itself is a hidden gem in the city of Rockville, with its gorgeous architecture and beautifully landscaped gardens. More importantly, the staff, and specifically, Sandra, knows how to listen and ensure that what you envisioned comes to life, by diligently working with you and your vendors. In turn, a process that for some reason has the fame of being very stressful, actually the most fun and exciting experience of your life.

Thank you Sandra and Glenview Mansion for making our Wedding day, our union in marriage and celebration, unforgettable and down in history as the BEST day of our lives...

Heather · Married on 06/10/2017

Glenview was just amazing! I can't imagine having our wedding any other place! We were able to have the ceremony outside and had gorgeous weather. The team at Glenview Mansion worked with us to solve every detail, and allowed us to bring our stuff in early and store it on site so we didn't have to bring everything the day of the wedding. There is great space to get ready upstairs and just gorgeous rooms for dinner downstairs. It is truly a beautiful location and I'd highly recommend it to anyone in the future!!

Terri · Married on 05/27/2017

Everything and much more than anticipated- spectacular from beginning to end - a truly joyful experience - rave reviews from all of our friends and family

Steve · Married on 05/27/2017

The facility and staff vastly exceeded our expectations. Sandra Christian, the manager of the property gave us advice on flowers, caterers and liquor sources that were all home runs. The wedding came off without a hitch and they even store excess liquor for a few days simply to make life easier for us.

We couldn't have received better service anywhere. The bride and groom were thrilled with the outcome, and are friends are still telling us how wonderful the setting, food etc were. Highest recommendation to anyone considering Glenview.

Ben · Married on 05/06/2017

Sandra was great to work with and very accommodating. She was super helpful with both trying to save us money and recommending outside vendors!

Grace · Married on 05/06/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better experience in picking a venue and the support we got from them. Sandra was such a pleasure to work with and she helped ease any of our worries. I will recommend this venue and Sandra forever. Oh, not to mention, the site itself is absolutely stunning. Our pictures turned out great!

Megan · Married on 04/16/2017

My husband and I were married in the gardens at Glenview two weeks ago and are so thrilled that we found Glenview! The gardens and mansion are gorgeous and well-maintained (bonus point: there are lots of flowering trees on the property, so there were beautiful blooms everywhere! They have flowers and plants that are in season from spring-fall, meaning that the gardens always look amazing). The mansion is huge and the art gallery on the second floor was fun for our guests to walk through; plentiful on-site parking helped to reduce stress levels for both us and our guests. Our 85 guests were very comfortable in the space and we could easily have gone up to around 125+ without anyone being crowded. Glenview is part of the Rockville Civic Center Park, so it is a) not solely a wedding venue (meaning that people holding events here will need to source required items for themselves, minus the tables and chairs which Glenview provides) and b) intended to serve and improve the local community. We loved that we were not pressured with up-sales associated with dedicated wedding venues and that the venue fee goes towards maintaining the historic mansion and gardens and offering free art shows to the public. We felt that the rental rate was very reasonable and were happy that Glenview and the park are there to serve the citizens of Rockville.
    However, the real joy of choosing this as our venue was working with Sandra and other members of the Glenview staff. Sandra communicated clearly and responded promptly to any questions that we sent her way. She made sure to walk through details that we had not thought of with us and gave us plenty of time to discuss. We appreciated that she was laid-back, knowledgeable of what the venue could offer, and took a genuine personal interest in us and our event. The staff that were present on the day of our wedding were similarly capable, prepared, prompt, and delightful to work with. Thank you, Sandra & co!

• Jennifer & Fellipe Wedding

Jennifer · Married on 07/04/2016

I just had my reception here two weeks ago and it was an absolute dream. I am so pleased that my husband and I selected the mansion for our reception. The mansion staff are always pleasant and go out of their way to address your needs (Sandra Christian is wonderful to work with). The final walk-through which occurs thirty days before the event allows all vendors to meet at one time to ensure logistical accuracy for the big day as well. Unfortunately, the fire alarm went off during the event and all of our guests had to stand outside for over thirty minutes in the rain...was not too pleased about that but that was not the mansion's fault.

Word of advice - block off the second floor (art gallery) for only a period of supervised time then close off the entire second floor for the remainder of the event. There are too many areas unsupervised that could cause potential issues with your guests or mansion staff. Also, do an inspection of the facility beforehand to ensure no equipment is broken, etc and notify mansion staff. No red wine allowed on the premises as well. Other than these points, the mansion is like a fairy tale and I would not have changed any bit about my reception. I am very pleased with how it turned out and would write much more to rave about my experience if I had the time.

A special thanks to the wonderful Glenview Mansion staff who enabled my wedding day to be even better than expected - my husband and I will forever be grateful, and will have that special memory for the rest of our lives :-)

Sent on 07/21/2016

Glenview Mansion at Rockville Civic Center Park's reply:

Jennifer thank you for your kind words, one note we do allow red wine now! I wish you all the best, you were wonderful to work with!

Marilyn · Married on 06/22/2016

My organization has used this venue for a sit-down dinner and prom for 14 years. The mansion is very elegant but also gives a warm, homey feel. You definitely feel that this is your "home" for the evening. The gardens are pure bonus - like taking a stroll through an old English country estate. If you want your event to be memorable for all your guests, this is the place for you.

Property is gorgeous and staff is top notch!

The Glenview Mansion staff was extremely helpful to us in both the planning and the implementation of the engagement party for our daughter and son-in-law! Thanks so much for all your help! :-)

Jeff · Married on 06/12/2016

Make full use of the outdoor garden areas

Amanda · Married on 01/18/2016

The venue was perfect for what we wanted--a historic property that feels like a home. The fireplace and staircase are beautiful as are the gardens and the balconies on the 2nd floor. A true gem! They have furnishing that can stay in the space or can be moved out if you want to have round tables for a seated dinner. They have a limited supply of tables and we were able to fit our needs with their inventory, which saved us money. They are very flexible with outside caterers. The only thing to note is that your cake must come from a licensed bakery or coordinated through your caterer because of Montgomery County regulations. Sandra was fantastic to work with! She was very willing to answer questions and give good advice/feedback about the space. We had a fantastic experience and would highly recommend it!