Events at Independence Grove

Profile Picture
Dan
1 Review
05/09/2015

Independence Grove was the absolute perfect place to have our wedding! My wife wanted a place that had a "nature" atmosphere and IG was absolutely beautiful with the lake and all the trees surrounding the hall. Inside couldn't have been nicer with all the windows, candles, and indoor fireplace. The outdoor patio was also amazing with an outdoor fireplace and plenty of space for people to congregate and take in all the beautiful scenery.

As for the event coordinator. Alyson Vondruska was an absolute pleasure to work with! I can't possibly describe how nice our experience was with her. She was very prompt with communication and answering all of our questions. There is so much planning involved with a wedding and she was with us every step of the way to make us feel comfortable and all be on the same page. She was even there the night of to ensure everything went smoothly. Again, I couldn't speak more highly of her!

Now for the main event.. I have never received more compliments on how perfect our wedding was! Every guest there that night said that we had the BEST FOOD EVER! All the cooking is done in house, so food doesn't come out in heated cart like I've seen at other places. All meat was cooked to a perfect medium rare, presentation was perfect, and the tastes were simply incredible. The late night "taco bar" simply topped off the perfect night of food!

The service from the staff was top notch! They paid careful attention to my "dietary needs" guests and ensured that they received the appropriate meal. They always had a smile on their face and were just very courteous to everyone!

Typically there is always some "hiccup" during one's wedding. I can honestly say that our experience with Events at Independence Grove was flawless from start to finish! I really wish I could experience the entire night again! I cannot recommend IG enough!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
16400 West Buckley Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048

Chicago's Most Beautiful Outdoor Wedding Ceremony & Reception Venue

Events at Independence Grove, a Catering by Michael's Company, has a reputation of innovation in the wedding industry. Contemporary menus and a stunning indoor/outdoor reception venue will make your event unforgettable. Excellence in service with creative presentation, and romantic settings for your ceremony will make your wedding the one your friends will remember. Independence Grove offers unique menu options, from plated dinners to cocktail receptions and interactive stations.

To view photos plese see our slide show provided by Bella Pictures by clicking here
+/- read less
Details
Categories: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Established: 2001
Employees: 45
Accepts: Cash, Check

Susan + Joey from Film Fidele on Vimeo.

Highlights from Susan + Joey's wedding @ Independence Grove

Katie & Adam wedding day trailer, chicago wedding trailer, chicago video from Chicago Cinematic Weddings on Vimeo.

Katie and Adam started by sharing their "I Do's" at St. Raymond Church in Mt. Prospect and then on to some fun at Independence Grove in Libertyville, IL along with their family and friends! Enjoy a little sneak peak of what's to come!!

Tim & Erica Wedding Video from Nick Cosentino on Vimeo.

Tim and Erica's Wedding Video. May 11, 2012 at Independence Grove.

Allison and Ashton from Glen Abog on Vimeo.

ENDORSEMENTS (19)
Independance Grove was a great venue to have a Wedding. This venue has enough space for a wedding over 200 guests, and the staff is also very helpful and great!
PROS I KNOW (110) View All 110 Pros »
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (3)
Events at Independence Grove is a wedding Venue and Caterer from Chicago, IL. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Libertyville, Buffalo Grove, and Gurnee. Events at Independence Grove is a professional wedding venue that has been part of the Chicago wedding industry for 13 years. We specialize in Outdoor Weddings and Fresh Cooked Food