ceremonies from the heart

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My husband and I come from pretty religious families even have a few pastors and nuns in our families. So when we planned our outdoor wedding everyone was a bit shocked that there wasn't going to be a church wedding. I searched for a while for an officiant and no one was really suiting our needs. I was talking to a coworker about my struggle and she mentioned that a mutual coworker had been her officiant. I have always really respected Catherine just had never known she was an officiant. I approached her about possibly doing our wedding and she was delighted. She gave us so many options to chose from for our service that we were really able to make it our own. We were able to honor our religious upbringings without the four walls of a church. Catherine had quite a few personal items going on the day of our wedding (things that I would have stopped me from preforming my job for sure) but she still drove over 2.5 hours to be there for our service. The ceremony was absolutely perfect, everyone commented on how lovely and meaningful it was, including everyone of the pastors in attendance. Thank you Catherine for making our day so special!

Services Used: Officiant
LOCATION
HC 87 Box 205, Pocono Lake, PA 18347

Dr. Thayer is a creative wedding professional who can assist you in creating the perfect ceremony

Dr. Thayer has been an ordained non-denominational minister since 1985.  She has officiated at wedding ceremonies in San Diego Ca. since that time and has been referred  by most of the major hotels and resorts in the city including the historic Hotel Del Coronado. In 2004 Dr. Thayer moved to Pocono Lake Pa. and has now brought her expertise to wedding ceremonies in the Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York areas.

Dr. Thayer will help you create a unique and personal wedding ceremony that reflects your beliefs and expresses the essence and hopes of your union. Whether the words you choose are religious, spiritual or civil in nature they are the words that you speak to each other and to all of the people who mean so much to you both so it is important that they reflect your thoughts.

Consultation- Dr. Catherine Thayer meets with the bride and groom in person, via telephone, or through the internet prior to the ceremony.  If you desire, communication and prenuptial counseling is available.  These sessions teach you techniques for effective communication and touch on other relevant issues necessary for living a rewarding and fulfilling married life.
You can read more about Ceremonies From The Heart at Ceremoniesfromtheheart.com