Mrs. Clark aka Mrs Awesomepants
Master November 2011

WR Fun..Did you send invites to celebrities?

Mrs. Clark aka Mrs Awesomepants, on September 27, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Posted in Community Conversations 98

Who else out there is a nerd like me!? I sent invites to celebrities just for the heck of it! I wrote an extra letter for Johnny Depp (for my mom, HUGE fan and they share their birthdays) and to Drew Brees asking for an autograph for FH. I sent invites to Mr & Mrs Obama, Mickey & Minnie, Drew Brees,...

Who else out there is a nerd like me!? I sent invites to celebrities just for the heck of it! I wrote an extra letter for Johnny Depp (for my mom, HUGE fan and they share their birthdays) and to Drew Brees asking for an autograph for FH. I sent invites to Mr & Mrs Obama, Mickey & Minnie, Drew Brees, Johnny Depp, Adam Sandler, Gene Simmons (again FH big fan) Donald Trump, Ellen, Oprah, and Sara Evans since one of her songs is our first dance.

Who else sent some out and to who? Or if you haven't but are planning too, same question!

98 Comments

• Kimi K
    Master February 2012
    Kimi K ·
    • Flag

My invitations were pretty pricey... so I got on vista print and made some super inexpensive & cute invites to send to the 'fun' people. I saved quite a bit of cash this way. Just an idea for others who may be interested in mailing out invites :o)

• MayBride2012
    Devoted May 2012
    MayBride2012 ·
    • Flag

Soon-to-be Mrs. Clark if u dont mind me asking Who?

• Glenn
    Master February 2012
    Glenn ·
    • Flag

That's a really good idea Kimi

• Olivia
    Super April 2014
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

I just got off the phone with Jerry Rice's agent!! And he's sending me a football lol

• Rae
    Master October 2012
    Rae ·
    • Flag

WHAT?! Olivia---that is freakin' awesome!

• Cyndi K
    Master August 2012
    Cyndi K ·
    • Flag

That is an awesome idea Kimi! I was just thinking about how many extra invites I'll have to order lol. And Olivia that's awesome!!!

• Olivia
    Super April 2014
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

Yes it took a lot of googling but I called the "team number" and just got bounced around till I got what I needed... let me tell you, I probably told 10 people that I was getting married in May and would like to get an autograph... there was more to my "presentation" but I'm phone called out... NOW I'm working on Obamas (I have the fax number if anyone wants it) and maybe Kina Grannis... check her out on youtube, she's doing our first song and she's not that popular yet so I'm hoping to get her booked and hoping it isn't $20,000 like other people will probably want.

• Olivia
    Super April 2014
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

P.S... we're awesome brides, I just hope our FH's are as happy and ecstatic as I am right now about this whole thing...

• Glenn
    Master February 2012
    Glenn ·
    • Flag

Holy cow Olivia, that's awesome. I can't see my FW doing that for me but I sure would love it!

• Kimi K
    Master February 2012
    Kimi K ·
    • Flag

WOW Olivia that is awesome!!! Great work on your part! :o)

• Rae
    Master October 2012
    Rae ·
    • Flag

What a great idea, Olivia! :-)

• ~FabulousBride~
    Master November 2011
    ~FabulousBride~ ·
    • Flag

OMG I never thought of that! I would love to send one to Eli Manning for FH so I can get an autograph for him! How do I find where to send it to?

• Olivia
    Super April 2014
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

Hang on fabulous bride... I'll get you the number and from there, you're on your own with getting into the right "department" give me... 10 minutes

• Cyndi K
    Master August 2012
    Cyndi K ·
    • Flag

Hmm I think I'm gonna have to search for the phone number to try and get a Packers football. Olivia was it hard getting him to send you one or was he pretty easy going about it?

• ~FabulousBride~
    Master November 2011
    ~FabulousBride~ ·
    • Flag

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH OLIVA!!!

• ~FabulousBride~
    Master November 2011
    ~FabulousBride~ ·
    • Flag

Also, are they charging you for it?

• Olivia
    Super April 2014
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

Try:

stadium number: (201) 935-8111

sports management: (216) 436-3591

That's all I can find right now... but it took a lot of talking on the phone and additional numbers from people I talked to, to get to Jerry Rice's agent. I'm still smiling!!

Good luck!!!

• Olivia
    Super April 2014
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

Nope. he got my address and said it would be a month or two because "Mr. Rice is out" lol

• Olivia
    Super April 2014
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

Cyndi: the hardest part was getting THROUGH!!! After I got to the right place, it was easy... I told him Im getting married in May and my fiance loves the 49ers and LOVES Jerry Rice but he doesn't play for him anymore... His agent said, no he doesn't but I can still get a hold of him. And I said, Of course... well I'm looking for an autograph with maybe a congrats or something, and he CUT ME OFF (which normally I'd be P.Oed) but then he said, I'll send you a football, how's that? And I was like yes, THANK YOU and he said it will be a month or two because Mr. Rice is out... OMG I love that line, its so funny to me.

• Mrs. J-Mo
    Super July 2012
    Mrs. J-Mo ·
    • Flag

What would any of you do if the Obamas (or any other famous person) actually RSVP'd and showed up to ur wedding? LOL

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics