We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Amanda
Dedicated June 2021

Worried about my wedding dress fitting after postponing

Amanda, on July 3, 2020 at 8:52 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 24
Saved Save
Hello everyone,

So I have already postponed my wedding twice now, everything was set to go and I was 30 days away when I had to move it again due to our governors orders of no more than 25 people and no dancing. I have obviously had my dress altered, is anyone worried that their dress won鈥檛 fit a year from now? I bought it a size too big so I would have room just Incase and when It was all finished the lady even said to me watch your weight. Idk it just kinda made me over think I guess. I workout regularly and eat healthy at least 5x a week but I have had tendency鈥檚 to over work myself and go crazy in the past with tracking calories etc. Are any of you worried about your dresses next year? Would love to hear your thoughts 馃槉

24 Comments

Latest activity by Monica, on August 4, 2020 at 3:04 PM
  • Chelsea G
    Devoted June 2021
    Chelsea G
    • Flag
    I鈥檝e had my dress a little over a year now and I鈥檝e postponed to March. I am slightly nervous now since it fits me perfectly however if i gain any more weight they might need to take it out. I鈥檝e been working out and eating healthy but my weight just wont budge. Don鈥檛 forget spanx are a girls best friend!!!
  • Katlyn
    Devoted December 2021
    Katlyn
    • Flag

I am definitely worried. When I ordered my dress I was wearing 1 dress size smaller than I do now and I am concerned that I will struggle losing the few pounds I need to as I generally do not lose weight easily. I still have about 10 lbs to go. I gained quarantine weight at first, but so far I have been able to lose about 6. I would just do your best to maintain and not worry too much about it til 3-4 months out, that's my plan.

• Amanda
    Dedicated June 2021
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg dame! I have not budged for like three years lol I think my body is just comfortable. And omg yes didn鈥檛 even think of that, thank you!!
  • Amanda
    Dedicated June 2021
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes very true, I always make myself worried and I think we鈥檒l look beautiful either way! Thank you!!
  • Katlyn
    Devoted December 2021
    Katlyn
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes! I have body image issues, and while I can objectively recognize that they are unwarranted (I am not a big person), it is hard to change that way of thinking. Our spouses will think we look beautiful no matter what, we just have to remember that Smiley smile

• Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online
    • Flag
    I am stressing about the same thing. My venue didn't have much availability for next year, so we had to postpone our wedding from July 2020 to July 2022. I'm super concerned on if my dress will still fit right by then, or if I'll be looking for a new dress. I'm going to try not to drastically change any of my habits, so that I can try to maintain where I'm at now. Worst case, dresses can usually be let out a bit, so I'm sure everything will all work out no matter what!
  • Virginia
    Super June 2021
    Virginia
    • Flag
    Yes, me. I went on strict keto and had my dress taken in twice so there is no material left to let out. Our April wedding was canceled 2 weeks before with seating charts and everything else done. Then we moved to August and now we are moved to next April. I am terrified that my dress won鈥檛 fit! I鈥檝e already gained back all the weight I worked sooo hard to lose.
  • Renee
    Super June 2020
    Renee
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg ... 2 years... I鈥檓 so sorry. That is ridiculous, you would think these venues would do something to accommodate us brides. It鈥檚 infuriating!
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's been frustrating, that's for sure! Originally, our venue was holding the only open Friday they had next summer for us, which was in June. My fiance is a teacher, and that Friday falls on his last day of school for next year. He won't be able to get the time off work that week, so we let go of that date. So our options were either a Thursday in 2021, or go out to 2022. We also weren't sure where things with COVID will be next year, so we figured we'd go to 2022. At this point, we're just thankful that all of our vendors are willing to reschedule at no extra cost!
  • Renee
    Super June 2020
    Renee
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Well that is good news! We were June and postponed to September 2020. If it doesn鈥檛 happen then I don鈥檛 know what we will do. My dress is already altered and if we were to move it out a year that means no babies and we want babies. I would probably have to get a new dress cuz that thing I have now is glove fitting. No losing or gaining. The things we have to do and think about. Which makes it even more frustrating when some people in here are so mean and opinionated. Girl, praying all goes well for you and your dress fits you perfectly on your wedding day!!
  • Monica
    Super October 2021
    Monica
    • Flag
    Definitely my first thoughts after postponing and the fact that we are trying to get pregnant so not only potentially my dress my not fit if i gain weight but imagine if I have a baby bump too. My dress fit perfect at my last fitting in March or at least I thought. I just brought my dress home 2 weeks ago and NOW it鈥檚 perfect. Im trying to still lose more weight. I dont lose weight easily so I might as well keep going. I figure if I keep losing weight, then technically I will be ok if I gain any of the weight back or gain a little. I would try the dress on again 5-6mo before the wedding that way you know if you need to focus on losing weight or maintaining.
  • Amanda
    Dedicated June 2021
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think it鈥檚 mainly because everything is so damn stressful lately! You got this and I am sure you will beautiful either way!!
  • Amanda
    Dedicated June 2021
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg I鈥檓 so sorry to hear that, but I am sure you will have the best day!!
  • Amanda
    Dedicated June 2021
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol I hear you on this! And omg yes! Some people in here are so toxic, if you don鈥檛 have anything nice to say don鈥檛 comment lol. Especially the girls who have been married and just so easily tell you just move your wedding day, lol don鈥檛 think they realize how stressful postponing is. Good luck to you on your big day!!
  • Amanda
    Dedicated June 2021
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes it鈥檚 so stressful which I also feel like makes it worse. It is hard for me to lose weight as well and I agree with trying it on before. Thanks for your kind words! Best of luck to you!
  • Amanda
    Dedicated June 2021
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg same for me! I know I have body image issues it鈥檚 just so hard to fix it lol. But I of course agree that we will for sure look beautiful! Best of luck xo
  • Gwendolyn
    Devoted July 2021
    Gwendolyn
    • Flag

This was actually a consideration for postponing (granted there were other larger reasons we opted not to), because my weight tends to fluctuate SO much and my dress fits perfect right now. If you tend to stay around the same weight, or have the ability to get where you want to be without TOO much stress on your part (which sounds like you have great habits). I would try not to stress terribly. Worst case you can always get more adjustments. Smiley heart Best of luck to you.

• Amanda
    Dedicated June 2021
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes very true! I also don鈥檛 want to postpone but they came out with a no dancing rule which is no fun at all. Thanks for your kind words!! Best of luck to you as well!
  • Super August 2020
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Would you consider getting married soon and then having your big wedding later? That obviously wouldn't fix everything, but it would mean you get to wear your dress sooner, so you don't have to worry about it fitting, and it might make you feel better about having babies ASAP.
  • Monica
    Super October 2021
    Monica
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We got married on our anniversary a month ago. I wore a completely different dress because it was a courthouse wedding & there was no chapel it was in front of the counter in the clerks office. Imagine looking like a DMV. I felt my big dress was way too much for that. At first when we were engaged I refused to be pregnant at our wedding because my first pregnancy was terrible but now im not willing to delay it. So trying not to stress about it. We will see what happens w the dress when its closer to time. But in the mean time I will keep losing a little weight.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles