Sabine
Beginner March 2021

Will you let fh see your make up and hair trial?

Sabine, on February 7, 2020 at 12:06 AM Posted in Hair and Makeup 0 10
Saved

I assume he should be a surprise that day or did you do a different make up for trial and wedding day? What do you think?

10 Comments

Latest activity by anna, on February 18, 2020 at 1:06 PM
  • K
    Expert October 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I think it would be okay. Most people use their engagement photos to do their trials. I am going to do my trial for a Formal Fundraiser dinner for my FHs College that he teaches at. He will not see the veil on but he will see my hair and makeup. I don’t think it will spoil too much especially if he hasn’t seen your dress.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I did because the hair trial fell on a day we went to a formal event aha. Plus it's a trial so it means you may not even go with that hair style or you may tweak it before the final one
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I did my trials for my bridal shower so my wife, and everyone else, saw them. My hair stylist styled my hair so that I could see the look that I selected and then changed it so it would be slightly different for the shower. My MUA did something similar by changing my lip color and toning down my eyeshadow.

• A
    Super August 2020
    Alex ·
    • Flag

Yeah I literally had mine yesterday. He saw me and it wasn't a big deal.

• Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

I did my make-up trial the day of our engagement shoot. I wasn't worried about him seeing me, because I know that he would not remember my make-up months later. I don't want him to see my hair before the wedding though.

• Danica
    Devoted November 2020
    Danica ·
    • Flag

My FH saw mine and loved it...but he won't see the dress until day of. Sometimes it's nice to give a preview of something so they realize how special you are making yourself look and feel for when you walk to them down the aisle.

• Laura
    VIP November 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    I did my hair & make up trial the day of our engagement shoot so I could see not just what it looked like but how it photographed. H loved it, told me I should do it everyday.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I went home after my trial. It was totally fine. I looked SO different on the wedding day in my dress, much tanner, veil in, etc. so it wasn't super similar for my husband vs our wedding day.

• Ester
    Dedicated April 2022
    Ester ·
    • Flag

Keeping it a total surprise.

• anna
    Devoted October 2019
    anna ·
    • Flag

I did my hair and makeup trials on different days but my husband saw me both times! I used the makeup trial for a date night Smiley smile I figured that it wouldn't be nearly the same as him seeing me in my dress with the full getup!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics