We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Hair and Makeup

Join  group

Share your wedding hair and wedding makeup inspiration, get recommendations on the best hair and makeup artists, and get help choosing the right wedding day look for you.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Amber
Wedding makeup from makeup counter?
Amber, Today at 6:55 PM

Has anyone done this? I’m still waiting hear about MUA availability but most are booked.

Kelly, 3 minutes ago 9 58
M
Under eye concealer for pale skin?
Moira, on July 5, 2020 at 10:59 AM

Hi brides! I don’t usually wear makeup and am planning to do my own natural-looking makeup for my wedding in September. I have red hair, blue eyes, and pale, pink-toned skin. I also have blue-hued...

Samantha, 2 hours ago 5 54
J
Hair and Makeup artist cancelled but kept money for the trial
J P, Today at 10:22 AM

I am a bridesmaid for my cousin's wedding on August. Her hair and makeup team cancelled on her a couple weeks ago (after telling her a couple months prior that they would still do her wedding). They...

J P, 5 hours ago 13 178
Karly
Black Brides/curly Brides- hair w/ destination wedding
Karly, Yesterday at 12:28 PM

Black Brides & textured hair brides- I need advice! I’m doing a destination wedding and I need some advice. Before I leave , I’m getting my hair done by my stylist. My hair can last up to two...

Ashley, 14 hours ago 6 76
Chantelle
Hand Makeup/concealer?
Chantelle, on July 5, 2020 at 5:25 PM

Hi I have a burn mark on my hand that I’d like to probably cover up with makeup I guess? Anyone recommend a good product or a good brand for this type of thing? I don’t know anything about makeup...

Rihana, 14 hours ago 7 154
Rebecca
Separate makeup artist for Bride and party
Rebecca, on July 1, 2020 at 12:20 PM

Hi! So for my hair and makeup, I decided to go with an artist that I really like because they can deliver the look I want without question but their pricing for bridesmaids is a little much compared...

Queen Cone, Jul 5, 2020 8 92
Aurora
Backing Out of Makeup On Wedding Day
Aurora, on July 2, 2020 at 9:37 PM

Hi everyone! So I had 5 bridesmaids but 2 can’t make it due to current circumstances which I understand but I had bought a package deal for the makeup. And luckily the vendors were willing to work...

Queen Cone, Jul 5, 2020 13 233
FutureMrs.C
Alternative covid Wedding - diy H&mu??
FutureMrs.C, on June 27, 2020 at 5:16 PM

Because of everything going on in this crazy world right now, FH and I decided to have a ceremony of sorts now and hold the reception next year when things are (hopefully) closer to normal. We are...

Elmarose04, Jul 5, 2020 12 131
Stephanie
Booking hair and makeup for wedding! Do you do trial first before signing contract?
Stephanie, on July 1, 2020 at 3:02 PM

Not sure what the correct process is- I don’t want to risk it but not sure what other brides are doing? Thanks

Marisa, Jul 2, 2020 18 266 2
Briana
Makeup artist backup? Need advice!
Briana, on June 30, 2020 at 8:57 PM

Hi All! So the makeup artist that did my makeup trial is amazing and I was super excited to book her. She’d be coming from 1.5 hrs away and does not have a backup person or at least for now does not....

Lynnie, Jul 1, 2020 6 119
Felicia
Nail disaster
Felicia, on June 29, 2020 at 7:12 PM

The first is what I went in to get. The 2nd is what I was sent home with my wedding is Saturday I could literally cry y’all.

Martha, Jul 1, 2020 18 466
P
Transfer of Deposits
Paige, on June 30, 2020 at 8:36 PM

Hi, is anyone else’s hair stylist keeping their deposit for the original date and taking a new deposit for the postponement date? I feel like she should put my first deposit towards the postponed date...

Chelsea G, Jul 1, 2020 5 87
Danielle
Sensitive skin and make up issues!
Danielle, on May 3, 2020 at 10:12 PM

My FH has a groomsmen who’s GF works at a very nice salon and they do bridal work. Since most of my bridal party would rather do their own hair and make up, she’s willing to do both my hair and make...

Danielle, Jun 30, 2020 13 126
Kristen
Post pics-- Updo hair styles
Kristen, on June 29, 2020 at 6:41 PM

Hello ladies. I am leaning towards a low updo for my wedding day as my HMUA owner suggested via Zoom that it would look good for my face. I am considering something like the pics below but I can...

Kristen, Jun 30, 2020 13 158 1
Samantha
Braided extension
Samantha, on June 29, 2020 at 10:11 PM

Hair extensions wanted recommendations needed. 1want to do a braided crown so to speak however my hair is very thin and we were thinking if I braided it with extensions to make it look more of a...

MrsD, Jun 30, 2020 9 63
K
Makeup and hair trial disaster!
Katie, on June 27, 2020 at 10:51 PM

Hi everyone! Today I had my makeup and hair trial for my wedding and let’s just say it wasn’t good. I ended up crying the whole way home. The lady was very nice but when it came to my makeup she...

Melissa, Jun 30, 2020 12 404
Kimberly
How to keep the curls?
Kimberly, on June 24, 2020 at 11:20 PM

Hello! My mom and I each had our own hair trial for wedding day looks at different salons - she has short collar bone length hair and I have long mid back length hair - and both of our hairstyles lost...

Lynnie, Jun 29, 2020 24 191 1
Mai-Tai
NWR: How long does it take to get your hair done at salon?
Mai-Tai, on January 4, 2016 at 4:15 PM

Just got home after getting my hair done. I had colour, (highlights and lowlights), cut, style, and brows waxed. My appointment was at 10:30am, I finally left the salon at 3:30pm., that's 5 hrs, yes,...

Jamie, Jun 29, 2020 40 78,141
Devon
Makeup Trials! ccw
Devon, on June 27, 2020 at 1:08 AM

Hi everyone! I am getting married to my beautiful fiancée in 2 weeks. We are both women and I am doing our makeup. I did some trials in the past few days and would love constructive criticism! First...

Lynnie, Jun 29, 2020 9 156
A
Hair
April, on June 27, 2020 at 1:44 PM

Anybody have experience buying hair extensions online? Any recommendations?

April, Jun 28, 2020 8 53
Start a discussion