Khin
Devoted November 2019

Where did you get your hair extensions for the wedding?

Khin, on July 16, 2019 at 12:04 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 19
Saved Save
I'm trying to gain more length for my old Hollywood glam style hair and I have never used hair extensions before. What have you used and did you go to it salon for it? Did you buy it online? What's your favorite brand? Show pictures if you have it! 馃槉

19 Comments

• Monique
    Rockstar December 2019
    Monique
    • Flag
    When I talked With my hairstylist she said she would provide them if needed.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD
    • Flag

I bought clip ins from Milk & Blush. I'm SUPER happy with them! You can email them a picture of your hair and they help match them. The ones I bought were $260. I didn't want sew in or fuse in ones, I wash my hair everyday so it wouldn't work. But I still wanted human hair good quality ones. Here is a picture of my trial (I also linked my previous trial in the post without my extensions so you can see the difference): https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/my-hair-makeup-trial/4953aaebf5d1f8fb.html

• EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams
    • Flag

I am getting extensions two weeks before the wedding so I can get used to the extra weight. I am having a professional put them in and I am going with the tape in. My apt isn't until next month or I would show you a pic! lol. I don't trust myself with clip in, I am sure I would mess them up somehow so I wanted a more secure option.

• Khin
    Devoted November 2019
    Khin
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Are you doing your hair at a salon?
  • Khin
    Devoted November 2019
    Khin
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    These look great! That's about the price I'm expecting to spend as well.
  • Khin
    Devoted November 2019
    Khin
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh please let me know how it goes when you do get them!
  • EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I don't have my phone with me right now, but after work I will look up the brand we are going to use. I can't remember and I will let you know how it goes for sure! I am so stinking excited I have wanted extensions for years but couldn't justify getting them for no reason

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy
    • Flag

I wanted to have some for my hair trial, so I went on Amazon and found some. They are real human hair, but not as expensive as some out there. I can't remember the brand now, but they were decent. I got a box (10 pieces I think) for $35. My hair stylist put them in. Slight hiccup: I ordered two sets, and only one arrived in time. So, when I do them for the wedding, I'll actually have twice as much hair as I do right now. I read that the clip-on extensions don't always work well with thin hair, as they can slip out. So I ended up getting the tape-in kind. They are completely washable (I washed my hair last night), and can stay in for up to two months. I decided to keep them for a while, just for fun.

Oh, and I asked the stylist what the difference was between the $35 ones and the $200 ones I've been looking at. She said it's most likely the amount of hair in each piece. So, the more expensive ones have more hair, which means better overall coverage.

So now that I've tried them, I'll probably get the more expensive ones for the wedding. But this was a good experiment, and it didn't cost me that much.

back of hairWhere did you get your hair extensions for the wedding? 1

• Kimberly
    Expert April 2020
    Kimberly
    • Flag

I use clip in real human hair extensions every day. Like literally every day (except maybe weekends if I'm just running errands or doing nothing). My favorite brands for sure are Bellami and Luxy. Price range depending on grams and length vary from $200-$500. My own hair grazes just at my breast level - I mainly use the extensions for volume but I have some for volume and length

Currently my hair color with extensionsWhere did you get your hair extensions for the wedding? 2

Everyday extensionsWhere did you get your hair extensions for the wedding? 3

White blonde extensions before I went darker blondeWhere did you get your hair extensions for the wedding? 4

• Khin
    Devoted November 2019
    Khin
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Beautiful! Luxy is the one I'm considering!
  • Khin
    Devoted November 2019
    Khin
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow. It looks pretty good to me already. Let me know how the ones from the hairstylist works out.
  • Kimberly
    Expert April 2020
    Kimberly
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Great choice! They have a good selection of hair extensions in various shades and lengths

• E
    Dedicated May 2019
    Emily
    • Flag
    I ordered Bellami clip in extensions. This pic was from my hair trial. I鈥檇 encourage you to take any extensions and hair pieces to your trial so you can see how everything works together and get an idea of your total look. My hair stylist helped me pick out the best color and length of extensions for the style I wanted for my wedding hair. Bellami also sells a cute little garment bag and hanger so you can keep your extensions nice when not using them.

Where did you get your hair extensions for the wedding? 5
  • Trista
    VIP September 2019
    Trista
    • Flag
    Excuse the mess that was me, these were taken at like 11pm, but I only paid $44 for these 22in extensions from Amazon. Human hair and easy to curl! The color was slightly too red for my hair, but they blended pretty well!

Where did you get your hair extensions for the wedding? 6

Where did you get your hair extensions for the wedding? 7
  • Khin
    Devoted November 2019
    Khin
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    If you haven't told me, I wouldn't have known they were extensions!
  • Trista
    VIP September 2019
    Trista
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I was really impressed with them! They are only a few inches longer than my natural hair, I got them for volume, but they blended very well. And you can't beat that price!
  • Khin
    Devoted November 2019
    Khin
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's the thing. I don't know if I want to pay $$$ for hair I will only use for one day.
  • Trista
    VIP September 2019
    Trista
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Here's the link if you or anyone else is interested!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MQ7S521?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
  • Trista
    VIP September 2019
    Trista
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's why I got the ones that I did. For $44 they made my hair much more full. Extensions can easily go into the hundreds, so I figured these were worth it. My original plan was a large chunky braid and there was NO way my hair would work without them.

Comment on this discussion