D
Savvy October 2019

Where are you getting ready?

Debbie, on July 20, 2019 at 8:20 PM Posted in Planning 0 9
Saved Save
Just curious to see where other brides are getting ready. My church is 2 blocks from my house so i was originally planning to get ready in my apartment. But i keep feeling like the "getting ready photos" would look better from a larger space. It'll be myself, moh, 1 bridesmaid, my 1.5 yr old daughter and my mother together.

Is anyone else getting ready with their bridal party in their own houses?

9 Comments

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·

We're meeting up at my hotel room to start hair and makeup. Then we're going to meet the photographer at the venue to finish getting ready at the venue.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    I am getting ready at my bridesmaids house
  • D
    Savvy October 2019
    Debbie ·
    I'm getting married at a church 2 blocks from my house and then going to the venue afterwards. I'm staring to think about getting a hotel room nearby to get ready in instead. I'm not sure now.
  • Samantha
    Super August 2019
    Samantha ·
    I have a loft reserved for me and my girls to stay the night before and we’ll get ready together in the morning.
  • Katie
    VIP November 2019
    Katie ·
    We are getting ready at the hotel and getting dress at the venue
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·

We might be getting ready in an airbnb. We're looking into a few of them right now but it's kind of hard because we're getting married in Fresno, CA and there's not a whole lot of houses that really catch my attention that aren't 50 miles away from the venue. I'm not giving up but it'll either be that or a hotel room. We'll see what happens.

• Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·
    We’ll get ready in the bridal suite at the venue! My HMUA will come to the venue to do my hair & makeup as well.
  • Sarah
    Savvy October 2019
    Sarah ·
    I’m getting married in my hometown (in VA, I live in CA now) and getting ready at my parent’s house. It’s the house I grew up in and is 10 minutes from the Inn where I’m getting married. I was going to get ready at the venue in the bridal suite, but there’s a wedding there the night before and we won’t have enough time after they clean it to check in and have hair done in time. So my photographer will meet us at the venue with all our hair and makeup down and just get a few shots of me putting on my dress.
  • Laura
    Expert September 2019
    Laura ·

Me, my bridesmaids, my mom & FMIL will be getting ready at a hotel that's 3 miles away from the venue.

Comment on this discussion