Riley
Expert September 2020

When are you supposed to send invites?

Riley, on May 2, 2020 at 11:09 PM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved

I have no clue about these things. My wedding is September 12th 2020. I was wondering when to send invitations?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Trisha, on May 4, 2020 at 7:44 AM
  • Renee
    Super June 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag
    Usually it’s 6-8 weeks before the RSVP date not the actual wedding date. My RSVP date is the week before my final numbers are due to my venue.
  • J
    Expert May 2021
    Jaime ·
    • Flag
    6-8 weeks. I'd make a little buffer for yourself for when you final guest count is due.
  • Natalie
    Devoted December 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    6-8 Weeks normally, unless you’re having a Destination Wedding? Which is typically 6-8 Months to allow time for travel bookings.
  • Vicky
    VIP January 2020
    Vicky ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No, it's 6-8 weeks before the wedding date. RSVP date no more than a month out from the wedding, ideally.

• Vicky
    VIP January 2020
    Vicky ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No, the timeline for invitations is the same for destination weddings, maybe sending a couple of weeks earlier. What you send 6-8 months before the wedding is STDs.

• Breanna
    Devoted September 2020
    Breanna ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is the 26th of September and I'll be sending mine out late June/early July and having the RSVP by date be August 21st. So that's more 11-12 weeks in advance but we aren't doing STDs so wanted to send them out a little earlier for out of state guests. If you sent STDs then I'd say mid July to send out invites and RSVP a month before the wedding that way you have plenty of time to reach out to guests who haven't responded and can get everything set.
  • Riley
    Expert September 2020
    Riley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We didn’t do STDs either. We are only having a 20-30 people family wedding and everyone lives within 20 mins of us.
  • Riley
    Expert September 2020
    Riley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you this was very helpful!!
  • Riley
    Expert September 2020
    Riley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Its a hometown wedding. Just 20-30 family members and no one lives out of state everyone lives within 20 minutes of us!
  • Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    Send out asap latest June...
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

Ours Is 10/17-Plan On Sending Out Invites Next Month.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics