We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Miranda
Just Said Yes September 2020

What music did you play for dinner?

Miranda, on September 13, 2020 at 8:43 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 10
Saved Save
I am having a hard time finding instrumental music for my wedding dinner! Help!!!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Molly, on September 14, 2020 at 12:02 PM
  • C
    Master January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    Honestly I don’t even remember what music was playing during dinner, lol.
    I don’t think it was instrumental though. Pretty sure I just told my DJ I wanted quiet, slow/soft dinner music. But I know as soon as gusts were done eating they were hitting the dance floor even with just the soft dinner music.
    If you have a DJ just tell them the vibe you’re going for. If you don’t I think any instrumental or slow music is fine.
  • Chelsea
    Devoted October 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    I've always found jazz or instrumental beats or acoustic never disappoints for dinner
  • Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    We just played early-mid 90s top 40 pop rock. People got a nostalgic kick out if it, and it was easily talked over. I'm talking like Spin Doctors era
  • Amy
    Devoted October 2019
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    For cocktail hour we had our dj play crooners/romantic oldies, and during dinner he played happy music you might hear on the radio, but nothing super dancey so people could eat without missing “their song”. I remember All of Me by John Legend and Ed Sheeran playing
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    If you want instrumentals, check movie soundtracks and Vitamin String Quartet. Otherwise most djs will often play the Old Standards (Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Doris Day, etc).
  • Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We sent our DJ a lot of the music we liked, and she sifted through for dinner appropriate songs, as well as adding in stuff she knew that was similar.

If you have a DJ, they can guide you... or better, you ask you what you like and select appropriately.

• Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    Like Cassidy, I don't even remember. The DJ just played music at a low volume to provide ambiance.
  • Liz
    Dedicated August 2021
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    I'm giving the DJ control over that with the exception of the first song Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast
  • Karla
    Super February 2020
    Karla ·
    • Flag
    We had an electric violinist who played hip hop, r&b and top 40 hits.
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

We just played music from my hone on shuffle. No one really listens to dinner music.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles