S
Savvy September 2021

Wedding transporation at the start and end of ceremony

S & W, on January 6, 2020 at 8:21 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 4
Saved

We are having our reception and ceremony at the same location. I'm not looking for wedding party transportation before the ceremony so the need for a limo isn't in my plan. I am however wondering about offerings of pre and post wedding transportation to the local hotel for any guests interested and my FH and I. A few searches give me companies in which the minimum time is 3-5hrs. I only need at most 1-2hrs for the whole night. Has anyone had this experience before?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Clíodhna, on January 16, 2020 at 8:25 AM
  • Morgan
    Devoted December 2020
    Morgan ·
    • Flag
    My event coordinator recommended using Uber events, Uber xl or a school bus rental
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    We had transportation for guests to and from the wedding. They picked guests up beforehand at a hotel and then idled in the parking lot at the wedding until it was time to take the guests that wanted to leave early back. Then came back to pick up the guests that stayed the whole time. It fulfilled the minimum hours.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We hired transportation for our wedding. We hired a 14 person shuttle to take the bridesmaids, moms & me to the venue in the morning then the groomsmen, dads & groom a little later. We hired a getaway limo for me & my husband back to the hotel at the end of the night. Then we hired two 55 person shuttles to go to & from our main blocked hotel to the wedding and back.

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag

Hey there Smiley smile
    This is a nice gesture, renting a shuttle for your guests.
    Renting school buses or creating an Uber Event are great options if you don’t want to use a coach company that requires a minimum time.
    Have you double-checked that the hotel doesn't have a shuttle bus service that you could hire?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics