Vickie
Savvy July 2020

Wedding favors?

Vickie, on October 10, 2019 at 3:17 PM Posted in Planning 0 26
Saved
I'm sure this question is somewhere here, but What are some good places and ideas for not so costly wedding favors?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Marla, on November 15, 2019 at 12:12 AM
  • Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

We're skipping wedding favors, but the best favors are edible/drinkable. I'm not a fan of personalized shot glasses, coozies, etc. They can get pretty pricey and also how many people would really want to use something with someone else's names on it regularly? Smiley xd
    Baked goods, bags of candy, mini bottles, coffee beans, there's lots of ideas similar to those! When I was still considering doing favors, I was going to do some kind of candy with a tag that said "A sweet ending to our new beginning". Hope this helps!

• Vickie
    Savvy July 2020
    Vickie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank You Amber it does help. I was thinking of something sweet. I got the idea from a Wedding, but still am like stuck lol. I love that quote.

• Brooke
    Expert November 2019
    Brooke ·
    • Flag

You could definitely go onto pinterest and find budget friendly wedding favor ideas, then buy in bulk off amazon which might save on costs.

I'm actually doing lottery tickets for our favors ($1 scratch off per person). We have a sign saying "We hit the jackpot, we hope you do too!"

• Vickie
    Savvy July 2020
    Vickie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank You. Awesome Idea Brooke

• Sabrina
    Devoted April 2020
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag

I was considering something like this, but FH isn't sold on it. They are decently priced for the quantity that you can order.

Soap Favors

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I did a candy buffet and it's actually cheaper than ya think overall just because you can find candy on sale or at Dollar store
  • Vickie
    Savvy July 2020
    Vickie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Interesting

• Vickie
    Savvy July 2020
    Vickie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Sounds good. I don't want to put too much on my decorator. She would set that up for me and considering she is my mom and has to walk down as a mother.

• Watts
    Super March 2020
    Watts ·
    • Flag
    We bought little glass bottles with cork lids that we are going to fill with candy and put at each guest spot
  • L
    Lady ·
    • Flag

The lottery ticket idea is cute - otherwise definitely stick to something edible. No one wants to take home trinkets or anything with your name and wedding date on it.

• Vickie
    Savvy July 2020
    Vickie ·
    • Flag

You guys are giving me great ideas. You are bomb

• Jodie
    Expert August 2020
    Jodie ·
    • Flag

We're doing mason jar mugs with lids and straws that are doubling as the glassware for the night. If people take them home good...if not, we have more mugs at home. So for us its a win-win. And bonus-they are costing about $1.20 per person.

• Vickie
    Savvy July 2020
    Vickie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Jars or mugs were an idea for me.

• M
    Dedicated November 2019
    Marla ·
    • Flag
    We are considering star Christmas ornaments.
  • Laree's
    Devoted May 2022
    Laree's ·
    • Flag
    I’m doing champagne glasses and adding their names on it. It’s their favor as well as their place card at the table and glass for toasting. If they leave it behind I will remove their name and I’ll have plenty of champagne glasses for the house.
  • Naikesha
    Super September 2020
    Naikesha ·
    • Flag

I'm doing a rum cake for each of my guest. (Jamaican wedding)

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I know party city online does some favors for under $1 per person.

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh I like this idea! What type of candy?

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is a great idea! The fact you can remove the names means none will go to waste if they're not taken! Good thinking Smiley smile

• Haley
    Expert October 2020
    Haley ·
    • Flag

Theres a TON of stuff on amazon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics