Vanessa
Expert September 2019

Wedding favors

Vanessa, on May 31, 2019 at 10:44 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 136
Saved Save
What are you doing for wedding favors?

I was for sure going to do stemless wine glasses with personalized writing with our names and the wedding date on it, then lately I came to thinking I鈥檓 not too sure about it...

Please help with ideas. Thank you 馃グ

136 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn

I wouldn't do anything with your name or wedding date on it. Most people don't want a wine glass with someone else's name on it. Edible favors are typically the most popular and least likely to be left behind.

• Jessica
    VIP June 2020
    Jessica

We are doing homemade chocolates and a fridge magnet. Here's the magnet...

Wedding favors 1

• Lauren
    Super September 2019
    Lauren

We are doing a metal pomegranate box with 2 chocolates. I would stay away from personalized things since other people don't want a glass with your name. If you can change it you could put a favorite quote or just have them say "love" or "cheers".

Wedding favors 2

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle

I opted to have a candy buffet table so people can grab a bag and fill it up for themselves. i will also be having glow sticks. and i don't know if others would consider it a favor but i sort of do. we are having a send off and it was going to be bubbles, so i bought a bunch of these cute little bubble wands people can obviously have. and for all the children at my wedding, i bought crayon and activity book sets for them.

originally, i wanted to give everyone these little frames that would have their name and table number inserted. and i wanted to be totally corny because i love puns and things like that, and write "please frame this day into your hearts as we have ours" ahah but we ended up not doing that because we have so many guests and the frames actually would have been super expensive overall.

i have a couple of friends who told me about really funky wedding favors they did/received. when i say funky i mean they're really cool but not what you'd think in your head. my friend opted to get everyone a jar of local produced honey - everyone would love a food gift right? BUT that was really expensive by the way, because honey itself is not exactly cheap. so a jar of it for each person was not cheap, but cute idea still -- "meant to bee". and my neighbor told me she went to a wedding once where she received a salt and pepper shaker that was shaped into a pear - "the perfect pair". i thought that was just really fun because it's useful! i found a link to those pears here if it interests you [it might be really expensive too if you have a ton of guests like me] but it's a really practical idea ahah.

https://www.partycity.com/the-perfect-pear-salt-and-pepper-shaker-337290.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwocPnBRDFARIsAJJcf95gCuGhDbvTa59KYTge5vRLyjwxhYne03d86mksbN1itzK8hKqARbAaAuW3EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&extcmp=pla|Google

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride

It's totally ok to skip favors these days. If you offer one, choose something edible or it'll likely get left behind or thrown out. Ideas: cookie, truffle, cake pop, coffee, olive oil, almonds.

• Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah
    Agreed. I never take home favors unless they're edible. While I care deeply about my friends, I have limited space in my apartment. I don't need to clutter it with stuff that says other people's names.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD

We are thinking bottle openers or wine stoppers, so they are easy to travel with. Not personalized, but in theme with "us" so something Colorado themed or a cowboy boot or something!

• Amanda
    Dedicated June 2020
    Amanda
    View Quoted Comment
    Agree 100000%
  • Meghan
    Super September 2019
    Meghan

We're going to be giving out small jars of homemade jam. FMIL is really excited about it and has already bought the jars. Now I'm just looking for cute labels to put on them after they're done.

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly Online
    We didn鈥檛 do favors. I figured an open bar and a 5 course meal was enough. I went to a wedding where they did personalized stemless wine glasses and every single one of them was left behind.
  • Brooke
    Dedicated October 2020
    Brooke
    We're having a popcorn bar and caramel/chocolate apple bar for people to make their own to take home! The boxes will probably have our date and thank you written on it
  • Futuremrst
    Devoted August 2019
    Futuremrst
    We鈥檙e doing 鈥渧intage鈥 hard candy sticks! We also have a cookie table with 26 dozen cookies so there鈥檚 plenty for guests to take home as an added treat (I have to-go containers ready)

Wedding favors 3
  • S
    Expert October 2019
    Sara
    Were doing a photo booth for about the same cost as what we would鈥檝e spent on favors! It鈥檚 something fun and everyone will be able to take printed pics home with them. More memorable than favors and something that everyone will be able to enjoy
  • Autumn
    Dedicated September 2019
    Autumn
    Yeah honestly I wouldn鈥檛 take home a wine glass with someone else鈥檚 name on it. That being said I did personalize our favors but I bought matchboxes which is something they will use and throw away so I feel like will be more popular. And I鈥檓 cool if there is some left over so that way I have plenty to light my candles.

Wedding favors 4
  • Sara
    Super October 2019
    Sara

We're making custom coasters with wedding stuff (more of a "use this now, take it home if you want" kind of thing), and shot glasses from the distillery where the wedding is being held. Similarly to a lot of other people, I think if you're going to do something non-edible, it should probably not have you name all over it so that people will actually want to use it again. I personally love stemless wine glasses, and one with something like "cheers" on it would be something I'd be really excited about.

• Alycia
    Super July 2020
    Alycia
    My fianc茅 and I are travelers. We found little boxes that look like vintage suitcases on Amazon. ($10 per 20 boxes) I鈥檓 going to put a $20,000 scratcher lottery ticket in each box. ($3 each). I鈥檓 making a sign that says 鈥淢ay our special day be you lucky day!鈥 鈥淭he world is yours to explore. Imagine the places you鈥檇 go!鈥 Everyone loves scratchers. I doubt there will be any left behind. 馃槃
  • Emma
    Dedicated September 2020
    Emma
    We're not going to do anything now due to budget cuts, but before that I was thinking about doing little Mason jars filled with hot chocolate mix. It's great for a fall/winter wedding 馃槉
  • Nikita
    VIP April 2019
    Nikita

Wedding favors 5

Our wedding favor were skeleton key bottle openers. The tags also had the table numbers so they did double-duty.

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle
    View Quoted Comment

I have to disagree with this (to each their own). I'm a wino, so I'd totally keep the wine glass and use it. People love cups...all cups. I attended a wedding that had personalized glass beer cups that everyone kept and reused. I attended a wedding that had plastic personalized beer cups that everyone kept and reused. Edible favors are the safe choice, and a great choice, but they aren't the only favors people like. Our favors are personalized koozies for the bottled beer we will be serving. I know at least in my crowd, we love cups & koozies....and don't mind keeping them with a couple's names on them, lol.

• A
    Master October 2019
    Angelena

It doesn't really bother me if it has your name on it. It makes no difference because I have wine glasses from wineries with etchings on them and I couldn't care less about the names on them. Isn't that pricey though? Another option is to have clear labels that stick on the glass. That way people can get the labels off if they want. My friend did this with mason jars we used throughout the night. The humidity from the glass actually started making the label come off and they came off easily when I washed them at home. I am doing shot glasses with handles that they'll use to "take a shot and their seat" and little canning jars with jordan almonds and my mom is sewing doilies for the tops!

Comment on this discussion