We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Charlene
Dedicated September 2021

Wedding favors again😅

Charlene, on July 15, 2020 at 9:31 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 12
Saved Save
Ok, in a previous post I mentioned I was making thank you bags with mini favors inside for my guest to hand out at the end of the reception. Do I make a bag for each guest or each household? My MIL says household, I say each guest. What do u guys think?

12 Comments

• Marcia
    Devoted March 2021
    Marcia ·
    • Flag
    I'm in the household camp because that's what I've always experienced at weddings, but I would bring extras in case, especially if kids are invited.
  • Michelle
    Devoted May 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

I intend on one bag per couple, and one for each single person. The “couples” gift bag will have more in there. If kids were coming and they were old enough, I would do kids gift bags too. But no children at our wedding!

• Charlene
    Dedicated September 2021
    Charlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes off course, there will only be 7 kids at the wedding. I plan on making custom bags for them.
  • Marcia
    Devoted March 2021
    Marcia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is a great idea
  • Charlene
    Dedicated September 2021
    Charlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    😫I wish I could have a childless wedding but I have 3 my SIL has 3 and my brother has one. I'm definitely making bags for the kids.
  • L
    Super July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I think you could go either way! If you put enough mini favors in the bag for everyone in the household to share, one bag per household works well. The custom bags for the kids is a great idea too!
  • Chelsea G
    Devoted March 2021
    Chelsea G ·
    • Flag

I was going to do one per person but I think that also depends on what the favor is. My wedding is also smaller; about 50 people. Since mine will be m&ms in a jar I figured per person so each has their own candy/don't have to share. I was also thinking of using it as a way to help guests find their table

• Taran
    Devoted September 2020
    Taran Online ·
    • Flag

I'm on the every guest side of this, but I think it depends what you have in the bags. If it's bigger things/more expensive I'd do one per household, but if you have smaller items at a lower price (and it doesn't hurt your budget) I think do every guest

• Nefetera
    Rockstar March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    For me i would do each guest now if you know its a family of 3 or 4 coming like with kids then 1 per adult or family.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is a good idea!!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Flag

I'd go with closer to your household count, because when people go by guest they always have tons of favors left over! To make sure you have enough you could always order about 20-30% more than the total household count so you're covered no matter what!

• Jana
    Rockstar June 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Edibles are 1 per person. Non edibles are one per couple. Even with edibles you will have many leftovers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles