H
Just Said Yes June 2021

Wedding Dress - Too Plain?

Happybride, on April 23, 2021 at 6:24 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 20
Saved
I finally found a wedding dress I love! I prefer timeless over trendy look, however I’m wondering if my dress is too plain? I plan on wearing a chapel veil with chandelier earrings, a bracelet, and an updo.
I don’t have a picture of the back of dress on me, so I just used a stock photo.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!Wedding Dress - Too Plain? 1
Wedding Dress - Too Plain? 2

20 Comments

Latest activity by Kristen, on May 17, 2021 at 12:11 PM
  • Samantha
    Rockstar October 2022
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I love it, and it looks amazing on you!
  • Katie
    Rockstar August 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I love it too! Timeless and chic! 🌸
  • Heather
    Devoted October 2021
    Heather ·
    • Flag

I love it! It's not too plain at all!

• Jasmine E.
    Expert May 2022
    Jasmine E. ·
    • Flag
    I love those kinds of gowns! Mine is pretty similar. You look classic and elegant!
  • Melanie
    Dedicated June 2019
    Melanie ·
    • Flag

Looks fantastic! Very chic. I love the back!

• Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    Wow! I actually love it! I wouldn’t add a belt or anything like that because it’s going to ruin the flow and shape. When I see this dress, plain is definitely not what comes to mind. It’s ‘plain” In the sense that there’s no bling or lace… but you definitely pull it off and it’s definitely immaculate
  • Stephanie
    Savvy October 2021
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    I love. Definitely agree that it’s not plain- especially with some great jewelry to add some sparkle!
  • Victoria
    Devoted June 2020
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    It’s a stunning gown! The add-ons sound perfect. It’ll be such a classy look!
  • H
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Happybride ·
    • Flag
    Thank you everyone!! That helps to hear!
  • Ivory
    Dedicated August 2024
    Ivory ·
    • Flag
    It is elegant the way it is. I wouldn't worry about it, unless you decide there's something specific you want to add.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Yay for classy & timeless!!! It looks beautiful!! I actually refer to my dress as being “plain, but not plain” Lol!! I love your dress and appreciate that it doesn’t look like all the zillions of lace/illusion dresses I keep seeing. I can hardly tell one of those from the other.
  • Msalberts
    Master October 2021
    Msalberts ·
    • Flag
    I think it’s gorgeous and you look amazing in that dress.
  • Donna
    Savvy May 2021
    Donna ·
    • Flag
    The dress is so elegant! It’s perfect for your silhouette. I would leave the dress just like it is but add all the drama with the makeup, earrings, and other accessories.
  • Sarah
    Super August 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    I don't think its plain, I think its very elegant.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

It's gorgeous!!! 😍 With your veil and accessories it will look perfect!! So elegant and classic! 🥰

• Rosie
    Rockstar September 2021
    Rosie Online ·
    • Flag

I think it's beautiful and dramatic in its' simplicity. I think it is exactly what you wanted - something timeless and classic

• H
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Happybride ·
    • Flag
    Thank you all!!
  • Sam
    Devoted October 2021
    Sam ·
    • Flag

Hi there!

I too LOVE the simple yet timeless classic look! My dress is so very similar to yours! I think it looks great on you and is gorgeous! Something about a simple dress that I just love!

• Sam
    Devoted October 2021
    Sam ·
    • Flag

In addition, this is my dress. Simple yet elegant! I want to point out that both our dresses have that little sewn on “belt” I’ve been contemplating on having my seamstress sewn on a very simple thin fake crystal belt just to add a little bling. Maybe this is something you could consider as well just to add a little touch of sparkle?
    Good luck!

Wedding Dress - Too Plain? 3

• Kristen
    Devoted October 2021
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

I think it's gorgeous! It's very classy and tasteful. If you did want to bring a little pop to it, though, I would suggest maybe a small belt/sash, something with either rhinestones or flowers. A row of little silk roses could be really pretty. I wouldn't overdo the add-ons, though, so as not to take away from your veil. I'm sure it will all be gorgeous when all is said and done. Smiley love

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics