Here goes, long but:
1) HAVE FUN!!! And go to a few places!
2) Try on ALL the styles to see what actually does look good on you. And try on white as well as ivory/cream. And by all means- Try on those Colours!!
3) Bring the underwear, bra, shape-wear, pantyhose, heels and jewelry options- for a high and low neckline- you will most likely wear.
*4) Bring snacks: gum, mints, candy, crackers. As well as water, juice or clear soda. And bring any meds you take, even if you don’t think you’ll need them( you will!!). Aspirin and ibuprofen can be a life saver for you, And your girls/guys!
5) Bring only the top 3-4 people. Too many can make it Not a fun experience. Remind them they don’t have to be catty/petty, but can give advice & comments.
6) Go in with Pinterest, magazine or printed out dresses that you like.
7) What does your closet have more of? Slinky and sexy or full and romantic styles of dresses/gowns? That can always be a good indicator of what you are likely to lean towards.
8) Remember, and why they do this I have NOOOO idea, the dress they put you in is going to be one to three sizes BIGGER than what you normally wear( see below). And the sample is not going to fit the same, as it’s been handled and tried on, many, times before.
9) Tell the stylist what the wedding vision is: Church, barn, beach. Winter, summer, indoor or outdoor. Small or large wedding.... That way they can help guide you and your people...
10) Wear the spray on or clear deodorant and limit perfume/lotion. As well as being the deodorant and feminine pads with you. Light days can double as armpit sweat stoppers.
11) Wear limited makeup- no lipstick!- so as you don’t get it on the gowns. If you MUST be full faced bring a clear shower cap to hold over your face when they are putting the gowns over you head( I model and that is a trick we use!).. Trust me the stylist will love ya for it!
( Also, remember that the size you wear is going to differ from what they put you in. Meaning if you wear a size 8 they will put you in a 10-12, or even 14! It can be disheartening to see that larger number, but remember that you are NOT the number, you are the beautiful soul inside that gorgeous gown!)