You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

Maggie
Champion October 2025

Was your proposal in a sentimental location?

Maggie, on November 14, 2018 at 9:05 AM Posted in Parties and Events 0 40
Saved Save

A lot of thought goes into proposing. Did your fiancé(e) propose somewhere that’s special to you as a couple? Was it where you went on your first date? Or the school where you met? Maybe even the place decided to have the wedding?

Was your proposal in a sentimental location? 1

Photo by Cynthia Viola Photography in North Carolina

No matter where the proposal happened - don’t forget to share your #JustSaidYes moment with @weddingwire for a chance to win $10,000 towards your wedding! Smiley diamond 💰

Tell us more about your proposal in these other discussions: Proposals - private or public?, Surprise proposal or expected?, and When was the proposal?

40 Comments

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    • Flag
    No, it wasn’t a sentimental location.
  • Madelyn
    Expert August 2019
    Madelyn ·
    • Flag
    Yes. He proposed to me at his family’s cabin that’s been in their family since the 1930s. It’s a place we’ve been to so many times over the years we’ve been together. I love that we can always come back to it and our kids will get to experience it one day too!
  • Shannon
    Expert October 2017
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    It wasn't sentimental at the time he proposed but it is now. We ended up getting married in the same park he proposed in.
  • Bailey
    Super March 2019
    Bailey ·
    • Flag
    Yes, he took me to the lake that I’ve been going to since I was born. My family has had a cottage there for 40+ years.
  • Toni
    Expert January 2020
    Toni ·
    • Flag
    It was halloween this year and we went to an Italian resteraunt three towns over with our best friends, we go there sometimes but not often since it’s so far away. I should’ve known something was up when he took me thereat 6pm...on a Wednesday...when I work at 5am the next morning.
  • Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh my goodness!! Smiley xd Maybe you were too tired from waking up so early that you didn't realize!

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is so sweet!!! Did you ever consider going there as part of your honeymoon?

• Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag

H proposed to me during our housewarming party in our first home! We had all our family and friends around us and it was perfect! Smiley heart

• JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·
    • Flag

It was in our home.

He told me the reason he picked our house was at the end of the day, it was always just the two of us, in our home with our dogs. He couldn't think of a better place to ask me to spend the rest of our lives with each other.

• Kim
    Devoted March 2019
    Kim ·
    • Flag
    Ours wasn't in a sentimental location, but it was at a cool new year's Eve event our town throws every year.
  • Kaleigh
    Super December 2019
    Kaleigh ·
    • Flag

Mine was in our living room Smiley heart He had secret go-pro set up and had my best friend and her husband come and decorate our house. I literally had zero idea!

• Rachel
    Super July 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    He proposed to me in the same Irish pub where we had our first date ❤️🍀
  • Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

Not really a sentimental location, just a nice "tucked away" (as tucked away as you can really be in downtown Chicago!) corner near the place where the Cubs had their victory rally. Smiley winking

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm not crying, you are! Smiley cry That is incredibly heartfelt and adorable and sweet and all of those beautiful adjectives.

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

How sweet, Rachel!!! Did you see it coming or was the proposal a surprise?

• Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    Nope. He said he was waiting so he could plan something...but then he didn’t. I’m just happy we’re engaged now.
  • Jen
    Super May 2018
    Jen ·
    • Flag

Yes. He picked one of my favorite spots on an island I have been vacationing on since I was a child. He fell in love with the island the first time I brought him and decided it was a perfect spot to propose.

• C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    Not really sentimental or special.
    He asked while we were at Disney, which is my favorite place.
    I happened to ask to extend our trip to include New Years Eve and he was trying to figure out how to ask, so it all just fell perfectly into place 😊
  • Autumn
    Dedicated September 2019
    Autumn ·
    • Flag
    He proposed to me while we decorated our Christmas tree the ring box was tucked away in the tree. It was very sentimental ❤ and I'll cherish it forever; even though it took him a hot second to get the words out...and he was only on his knee for a second before he sprang up and almost tackled me as I said yes 😂
  • Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Yes the entire night was - H took me to where we had our first date and then he took me to our favorite winery in my favorite place at the venue and proposed - we were all a alone & it was perfect.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics