Based on the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, when is a good time to consider postponing your wedding? My wedding is at the end of August and of course the safety of my guests and myself is the most important to me, but when should I consider postponing? One month before? 2 months? 3? Anyone else thinking about when’s a good time to decide to postpone or not?
I would keep in contact with your vendors and venue, if anything changes they will be the first to know. I postponed our date just to be on the safe side and because I know a lot of people will be pushing their dates back and I really don't want to stress about what day now works for me. I rather pick my own day and not worry about the confusion of all those brides.
Honestly? With an August wedding you might be okay. I hope so selfishly at least because that's what we postponed our April 4th wedding to. I would stay in contact with your vendors just in case, probably decide about a month out.
I'm sorry you're having to think about postponing your August wedding on top of planning your big day. I agree with the recommendations above. While this is definitely an uncertain time, it seems like plenty of August couples are waiting to make postponement decisions. Of course, everyone's situation is different, so it never hurts to be proactive about plan B!