Sarah
Devoted May 2018

Tiaras.. Tacky or not?

Sarah, on August 21, 2017 at 5:01 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 87
Saved Save

I'm kinda a low-key, feminine gal.. I love girly things but not sappy. I don't do over-the-top girly, lace and pink stuff. But I have this overwhelming urge to wear a freakin tiara on my wedding day. Like, I want to have that thing on my head right now lol

I've been told numerous times that I resemble Audrey Hepburn and am leaning towards having my hair up high ala Breakfast at Tiffany's with a tiara.

Tacky? I don't know.

87 Comments

• Ohheyitscait
    Super September 2017
    Ohheyitscait ·
    • Flag

Girl, if you want to wear a tiara freaking go for it.

As long as people are fed and have plenty to drink no one will think you are tacky. Smiley smile

• pammat
    VIP October 2017
    pammat ·
    • Flag

How many times in your life do you even have the option?!?

Do it!

• Melaina
    Super November 2017
    Melaina ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing a tiara, I was unsure until my consultant at the bridal store put it on with the dress I tried on and I was sold. I think it's your day to feel special and if you want to then wear it.

• The Band of Burtons
    Devoted December 2018
    The Band of Burtons ·
    • Flag

If you want a tiara, and it fits your themes/look, GO FOR IT!

• Jacks
    Master September 2019
    Jacks ·
    • Flag

If it doesn't affect guest comfort or enjoyment wear whatever you want! I personally don't think style choices are tacky or otherwise.

• Amber
    Super September 2017
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I don't think it is tacky, but I do find most people wearing tiaras looks a little too princess-ish. It sort of reminds me more of a sweet 16 or something rather than a wedding.

But that being said if you want to wear one, you should. Your accessories should be about how they make you feel, and not what others think! I'd make sure it fits your look though. Tiaras don't go with every style of dress.

• Raina
    Super October 2017
    Raina ·
    • Flag

Personally I hate tiaras- but if that you- you do you!!!

• TarHeel729
    Expert July 2017
    TarHeel729 ·
    • Flag

I am not a tiara kind of girl, but I don't think it's tacky. If you want to wear a tiara, then you should wear a tiara.

• Gracie Lou Freebush
    VIP October 2017
    Gracie Lou Freebush ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't wear one but you should if you want to!

• KatieMBY
    VIP January 2018
    KatieMBY ·
    • Flag

I don't have a House, or a future title I'm marrying into. So no, no tiara for me. I do find them to be rather tacky if they're not at a quinceanera or a child's birthday party.

• MrsSansom
    Dedicated June 2018
    MrsSansom ·
    • Flag

Heck yes get a tiara! If you want one, get one! This is your day and you wear what you want!

• KarenO
    Master June 2018
    KarenO ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't do one personally, but I think the way you describe it sounds pretty.

• Maria
    Master June 2018
    Maria ·
    • Flag

I don't think it's tacky at all but you know, I also wear white after Labor Day. Whoops.

• Crystal
    VIP September 2017
    Crystal ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing a tiara, my bridal vail lays on my false eyelashes. The tiara lifts the vail up just enough so it doesn't lay flush to my face. It's perfect and looks great on my heat. My flower girls will also be wearing them.

• MrsC2B
    Expert December 2017
    MrsC2B ·
    • Flag

This is the only occasion in your life that you get to wear a tiara! There are lots of options available these days, so you can find something elegant and not over-the-top. If you want a tiara, you get one.

How about hairvines? Google hair vine tiaras. They could be a nice compromise.

• MrsMtobe
    Devoted December 2017
    MrsMtobe ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing a tiara!

• Anderson
    Dedicated September 2018
    Anderson ·
    • Flag

I always roll my eyes when I see brides wear them.

• M
    Dedicated October 2017
    Miss Deana ·
    • Flag

If you want to wear a tiara, wear it gloriously! The only person who matters is the one upon whose head the tiara rests-You! Weddings bring out the unexpected in all of us. :-)

• Mrs. Coakley
    Master June 2017
    Mrs. Coakley ·
    • Flag

I personally wouldn't wear one but if that's what you want, go for it!!

• Oct2018Bride
    Super October 2018
    Oct2018Bride ·
    • Flag

Do it!!!!

Comment on this discussion