We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Sydney
Beginner November 2021

Those who were flexible with their wedding dates, how did you come up with a final date?

Sydney, on July 25, 2019 at 12:04 AM

Posted in Planning 65

Did the date have significance? Was it the first time you met? First kiss? First I love you? Or was the date chosen based on venue options or family travel convenience? Should the date we get married have some form of significance?

Did the date have significance? Was it the first time you met? First kiss? First I love you? Or was the date chosen based on venue options or family travel convenience? Should the date we get married have some form of significance?

65 Comments

• Courtney
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    We picked out date because we knew we didn't want to get married during the "wedding season" or winter, which left spring or fall. Well we talked it over and decided we'd rather get married in the fall so we had more time to save so we picked the Husker by week (because in Nebraska you plan around Husker games). Them it came down to if we could get into our venues in the date we picked. Luckily we planned far enough ahead of time we were able to get everything booked that we wanted to book.
  • John
    September 2020
    John ·
    • Flag
    We both wanted summer but not for any real significance. I love summer weddings (assuming it's sunny!) Seems to be a slightly more positive atmosphere and photos are usually better!

Apart from that, we picked when our church and venue had free
  • Kirstin
    Dedicated June 2021
    Kirstin ·
    • Flag
    We decided on our date by figuring out a 2 month period of what we would like. We then visited venues to see what the availability was. My FH wanted a Sunday so that’s how we came up with it.
  • Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    • Flag
    Our significant date is April 2nd, the day we leveled up from our long distance relationship and moved in together! However we couldn’t have that date.

1. Early April would be cold and likely still snowing, we wanted an outdoor ceremony.
    2. A family member is sick, we didn’t want to drag out the date.

We chose our date based on practically. End of September is when concert season ends(work at a restaurant next door) so I could get time off, and it’s the end of the season to use my venue’s gazebo.
  • K
    Expert February 2020
    Kristina ·
    • Flag

Our date 02/22/20 was picked because the number 22 is FH lucky number and the 22nd landed on a Saturday in FEB or NOV in 2020, so we picked Feb. It was that easy Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion