Jade
Master May 2016

That moment when...you Finally Book Your Honeymoon!!

Jade, on October 5, 2015 at 10:48 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 27
Saved Save

Ah! Thailand here we come! I feel like for the last 2 months, all I have been talking about is how I need to get it together and book our Honeymoon and finally, this weekend FH & I sat down and booked {Most} of our trip! I am so beyond excited I cannot even begin to explain! Now that we've started I just want to continue booking the rest, but FH wants to wait a little.. but I just cant stop!!! I literally feel like I am buzzing with excitement.

We're flying out at 11:30am the day after our wedding & spending 2 weeks traveling in Thailand, visiting Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket & the Phi Phi Islands!

Now more than ever I am just ready for it to be our wedding day & go on our Honeymoon!

Where are/did you go on your honeymoon & how long?

27 Comments

• MrsSantamaria2015
    Master December 2015
    MrsSantamaria2015 ·
    • Flag

We are going to book a cruise but at a laster date, we are renting a hotel room for 2 days after the wedding though Smiley smile

• mrs1780
    VIP September 2016
    mrs1780 ·
    • Flag

Ohh that sounds so fun. We're going to Riveria Maya for a week.

• Kristina
    Master September 2016
    Kristina ·
    • Flag

Woo hoo go Jade!!!!

• Jade
    Master May 2016
    Jade ·
    • Flag

@Santamaria- where do you think you guys will cruise to?

@mrs1780 - Oh we went to Riveria Maya and Absolutely LOVED it! Make sure you guys visit the Cenotes!

@Kristina - lol thanks!

@Rebecca - That sounds nice.. and That makes me so happy to hear, I've heard Amazing things from friends who have been and honestly feel like its going to be a dream trip!

VMDizzle - hmmm thats a tough one.. I say maybe put at least a deposit down, I'm with you that If you dont do it now while you have it you might keep putting it off to "a better time". You ladies deserve the trip!

As far as how we picked Thailand; We love to travel, we do it often and since we've decided to TTC shortly after the wedding we figured we should make our honeymoon our "go big or go home trip". We were deciding between Greece, Thailand, and a few other places, and it really came down to the fact that we would probably never travel to Thailand once we have kids(either with them or leaving them home) since its literally on the other side of the world, and takes at minimum 20 hours to get there! FH has also always wanted to go to Asia, and Thailand is the only place that I have a SERIOUS interest in going in that region, I LOVE elephants, like have an obsession, and it has always been a dream of mine to go to a sanctuary and just spend the day with them, and Thailand felt like the best place to do that.. lol all of that among a slew of other reasons are what sold us!

• MrsSantamaria2015
    Master December 2015
    MrsSantamaria2015 ·
    • Flag

Jade- Bahamas nothing crazy it'll have to be a 3 days weekend cruise.

• WWKatie
    Master January 2016
    WWKatie ·
    • Flag

Yayy that sounds so exciting!!!

We're going to St. Lucia. We leave the Monday after our Saturday wedding and come back the following Tuesday!

• Jade
    Master May 2016
    Jade ·
    • Flag

SantaMaria - I love the Bahamas! We used to vacation there every summer when I was little! FH & I also did a cruise there a few years ago, some of the bluest water I have ever seen!

WWKatie - St. Lucia is one of the few Islands that we haven't made it to, & keep being told we should definitely make a trip out! You guys will have a blast!

• Lara
    Master July 2015
    Lara ·
    • Flag

We are leaving in 3 weeks for a cruise to Belize, Honduras, Costa Maya, and Cozumel! I can't wait!

• Jenn B
    Master September 2015
    Jenn B ·
    • Flag

WOW- what a trip!! Glad ya'll got something nailed down.... let the countdown begin! Smiley smile

• MrsSantamaria2015
    Master December 2015
    MrsSantamaria2015 ·
    • Flag

Jade- I'm excited i've never been on a cruise.

• NowASeptMrs
    Master September 2015
    NowASeptMrs ·
    • Flag

Wow so exciting! Glad you guys are doing that, it sounds like a great adventure to start your lives together with.

FH and I love to travel but for a honeymoon we both decided a beach to lay on with drinks is all we wanted to do. We decided on Riviera Maya for 8 days. We are doing 1 day cruise trip though! That will be fun.

We are going 6 weeks after our wedding [4.5 weeks away now!]. It sucked coming back to work the Tuesday after our wedding, but we are both sick this week from the sleepless nights so I am glad we are waiting and have something to look forward to.

• Jade
    Master May 2016
    Jade ·
    • Flag

Lara - That sounds Beautiful! Do you guys snorkel or scuba? There's lots of Amazing reefs in all of those locations!

JennB - me too! I feel like a huge weight is off my shoulders, and interestingly enough its made me feel like things are getting REAL!

Santamaria - it's a lot of fun and the great thing about cruises is that everything is right there, you dont have to think about anything! its really great for relaxing!

FutureSeptMrs- It is going to be quite an adventure! lol I love the relaxing & doing nothing part of traveling too which is why I made sure that we spend most of our time in relaxing beach places in Thailand, otherwise I think we would need a vacation from our vacation

• Bethie
    Master May 2016
    Bethie ·
    • Flag

SO JELLY. Srsy though - I have to wait until JUNE to see pictures of this trip!? Gahh. I am so excited for you!

• Jade
    Master May 2016
    Jade ·
    • Flag

Tell me about it Bethie! I'm like wtf I have to wait 7 months for this, I wanna go NOW!! FH is even ordering a brand new camera he's obsessed with "to make sure our pictures capture as much of the beauty as possible" lol

• Bethie
    Master May 2016
    Bethie ·
    • Flag

Jade- I like his style! I am really bad with buying new cameras before a trip Smiley amazing I can't wait to hear all about it, see all the pictures and totally interrogate you about it so I can go at some point! Haha

• AlmostMrsCamilo
    Devoted May 2017
    AlmostMrsCamilo ·
    • Flag

Awesome thats extactly where we plan to go for our honeymoon! what site did you use to book it or did you go threw a travel agent?

• Jade
    Master May 2016
    Jade ·
    • Flag

Bethie - I'll be more than happy to give All the Thailand Tips when we come back! we have a few other camera's but this is the first Real Deal one we're going to get, the Sony x100 4, so Im pretty excited for that too lol

AlmostMrsCamilo - We booked on our own, through Expedia, I compiled a few lists of hotels & things friends who have been to Thailand in the last 2 years gave me and we just picked the best hotels from there. We tried going though travel agents but they told us that our budget (of $7000) was too small for Thailand, which is complete & utter BS. Its so easy to travel there inexpensively and still very nicely! The most expensive part is flying out there!

• Kristina
    Master September 2016
    Kristina ·
    • Flag

@Jade my MOH went on a honeymoon to Thailand and came back knocked up so hey lol

• Marion
    Expert March 2016
    Marion ·
    • Flag

Congratulations!! We have friends who went to Thailand for their honeymoon two years ago and they still talk about how it was the BEST trip of their life. They absolutely loved it. Everything was gorgeous and apparently it was very, very reasonable financially. They told us what they spent for two weeks and I thought it was insanely low.

• OG_MrsC
    VIP September 2016
    OG_MrsC ·
    • Flag

That sounds awesome! My bestie (and MOH) is going to Thailand for her honeymoon also. FH and I want to go to Bali Smiley smile.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics