Ana
Devoted September 2019

Thank you’s And gifts

Ana, on May 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 3
Saved Save
Hello all,

Our wedding is like 80% DIY we have had a lot of help from some family and friends. I want to get small gifts and write notes to each of them. I just can’t figure out when or how to give them out. Do I do it at the wedding? Or after ? Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help

3 Comments

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·

You can probably do at least some of that at your rehearsal dinner, if we're talking about family or close friends who will be there.

For anyone not attending the dinner, but you would like to give a gift to, you can do it at the wedding, but I think it's more personal, and meaningful, if you do it more privately. Like before the wedding (if possible), at the conclusion of the bridal shower, or after the wedding.

• Tamera
    Devoted May 2020
    Tamera ·

I would hand them out at the rehearsal dinner when there will be less craziness and fewer people. If they don't attend the rehearsal dinner, I would find a time soon after the big day to meet with them to give them the gifts and go out for lunch or dinner to make it special.

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·

Hey Ana! I totally agree with the pp's. If possible, give them at the rehearsal dinner but if not, close after the wedding would be perfect.

What have you DIYed for the wedding?

Comment on this discussion