Michelle
Rockstar September 2020

Sweetheart Table or Your Whole Squad?

Michelle, on October 31, 2019 at 1:27 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 132
Saved Save
Holaaaaa,

I'm finally at that point where some of my visions for the big day are starting to change. From day one of planning, we've never wanted a sweetheart table for the reception. We love our friends and wanted everyone to sit up there with us (plus it just looks cool lol) but now I'm having second thoughts.

I came across the cutest couple and their sweetheart table that looks pretty similar to my tablescape vision but for just two. The couple in the photo looked absolutely adorable and now all I can envision is me and my future hubby up there; justtttt the two of us. So we can't decide...also we're a party of 12 and I knew we'd need about 3 farm tables to complete the look. It was recently brought to my attention that everyone might not fit in the backdrop which is the big silver accent wall in the last photo. (I guess I should get table measurements now lol)

Anywho, here are some of my tablescape ideas! What are your thoughts? You think we can pull it off? What are you doing for your weddings?
You and hubby 👰🏾🤵🏾 or...
The whole team👩🏾‍💼👨🏾‍💼👩🏾‍💼👨🏾‍💼👩🏾‍💼👰🏾🤵🏾👨🏾‍💼👩🏾‍💼👨🏾‍💼👩🏾‍💼

Sweetheart Table or Your Whole Squad? 1

Sweetheart Table or Your Whole Squad? 2

Sweetheart Table or Your Whole Squad? 3

Sweetheart Table or Your Whole Squad? 4

Sweetheart Table or Your Whole Squad? 5

Sweetheart Table or Your Whole Squad? 6

Sweetheart Table or Your Whole Squad? 7

Sweetheart Table or Your Whole Squad? 8

132 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

We're having a sweetheart table. I think it's awkward, and somewhat rude, to make your wedding party sit on display for dinner while their significant others or dates sit alone.

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly Online ·
    • Flag
    We did a sweetheart table! I hate being in weddings where I’m separated from my husband for dinner.
  • Jaimie
    Expert May 2020
    Jaimie Online ·
    • Flag
    Sweetheart table. We want some privacy and want our wedding party to be with their significant others
  • Kaleigh
    Savvy April 2020
    Kaleigh ·
    • Flag
    We are doing a sweetheart table so our wedding party can sit with their dates. I also want our first meal as a married couple to be just us two.
  • Megan
    Dedicated October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    We are doing just a sweetheart table and the next two tables closet to us is our immediate family and our wedding party. This way our wedding parties significant others can sit with them as well. The day is all about you and spending the first meal married together just the two of you at the table makes it a little more special in my eyes.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey Online ·
    • Flag

Head table for us. Our venue charges us extra for a sweetheart table. Plus I prefer how the head table looks compared to a sweet heart table. I also think that even though our bridal party might not be their SOs, it's only for an hour they can deal with it.

• B
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    B ·
    • Flag
    We’re doing a sweetheart table! Just because some people in our wedding party live out of town and their dates won’t know anyone so we didn’t want them to feel uncomfortable!
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    We did a sweetheart table. We wanted time at the reception where it was just the two of us. We also didn't want to separate the wedding party from their significant others.
  • E
    Dedicated October 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag

For ours we are doing a head table. We want to be able to sit with all of our best friends. We will be including their SOs at the table so they don't have to be sitting elsewhere alone. We weren't planning on doing any kind of backdrop decoration for the table and we won't be doing like the one long table with everyone on one side. We'll be doing everyone sitting around the table like the other tables, but just a little bigger than the others and placed with the best view of the lake from our venue

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I prefer sweetheart tables. We had a large wedding party so when we included their significant others & kids (I think it's incredibly rude to sit them away from their SOs), it wouldn't work. I think people really prefer to sit by their family & friends instead of by the rest of the wedding party.

• Michelle
    Rockstar September 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Half of our bridal party will be from out of town and coming alone, the other half are single!!! 😊
  • Michelle
    Rockstar September 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    True...should've noted that none of them are bringing dates by choice!
  • Michelle
    Rockstar September 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah that's why I was leaning more towards just us too! 😊 and half our friends are coming from out of town and the rest are single and don't want to bring dates lol!
  • Samantha
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

I personally like a sweatheart table because it's for just you and the groom. You're both going to run around with all of your friends and family. That's your personal time to sit down and relax. For us, most the bridal party will be bringing dates and we wanted them to enjoy dinner. I've been that plus one that had to sit at a table where I didn't know anyone because the bridal party had to sit at the front tables.

• Michelle
    Rockstar September 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah the privacy thing is great...I'm really thinking about just the sweetheart table! Thanks!
  • Michelle
    Rockstar September 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah I totally didn't think about it being our first meal as a married couple until a few days ago...thanks!
  • Michelle
    Rockstar September 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow extra, dang. And I total agree but no one in our wedding party will have a date lol. The head table looked the best to me as well. Thanks.
  • Jaimie
    Expert May 2020
    Jaimie Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You're welcome! Def go for what u want ! I was debating as well and my photographer mentioned how it would be a good idea for us to just enjoy a little one on one time since the whole wedding we will be surround by all the guests.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar September 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah that's true...It really looks like we're the wedding party with the single friends lol. One groomsmen is in an unoffical relationship with another friend that's not in the wedding party but she knows a lot of the family already so we're good with that. The rest are from out of town, not married and not bringing dates by choice!
  • Ann
    Devoted September 2021
    Ann ·
    • Flag
    I love the idea of a sweetheart table!
    For my bridal party and the groomsman they are all couples except his sister and brother so we don’t have the issue if there guests sitting alone. Even if we did it’s 45 mins tops, that they would have to sit alone just put them with people that you know will take and mingle!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics