We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Krista
Expert August 2014

Summer Wedding - Hair down?

Krista, on March 12, 2014 at 9:19 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 26
Saved Save

So I generally always wear my hair down...I've been in several weddings and generally go with a half up half down with curls. I always said when I get married my hair will be down or half up half down...I am getting married in August so obviously going to be hot. I am trying to talk myself into an up do but I keep running across so many pretty down hair style pics that I cant make up my mind. Is anyone planning on wearing their hair down or are all summer brides going with up do?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Melanie, on March 13, 2014 at 10:48 PM
  • Cheetah2B
    Master June 2014
    Cheetah2B ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing mine all down. Fh loves me with my hair down, and so do I when I have the energy to fix it lol.

So June in Texas, it'll be all down, but pulled back a little from my face on the sides. I'm tempted to try the "bump it" look on the top, bc it's something I've NEVER done, but I haven't gotten that far in bravery yet lol

• Emma
    Master October 2024
    Emma ·
    • Flag

I'll have my hair down at the end of August, it shouldn't be too hot out though, our venue is in front of the ocean, so it's got a breeze.

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·
    • Flag

See my picture. The stylist talked me into a 1/2 up 1/2 down do. A wedding in June that was in the '90s and humid. I had to buy a curling iron and have FH redo my hair before we went for pictures. It was a total nightmare. I'm getting married in November. Totally doing an updo. I want enough bobby pins and hairspray to keep me in check all day. I want every curl to look exactly the same way at 2pm as it does at 10pm.

• kahlcara
    Master August 2013
    kahlcara ·
    • Flag

I got married outside in August and did an updo even though DH doesn't like them. I was afraid of sweating in pictures and just being really hot. I'm glad I had my hair up. (But my hair's also really thick and I can't stand it down and loose for very long anyway.. if you like having it down it might be ok.)

• Krista
    Expert August 2014
    Krista ·
    • Flag

Thats what I am afraid of Karen...one of my close friends is my stylist so maybe I will do a trial with an up do and a down do and then see what the weather is on my day....I'm in CIncinnati so weather is never predictible day to day...70 degrees yesterday, 29 degrees now

• S
    Devoted May 2014
    Stylish Bride ·
    • Flag

Which ever style makes you look bad....don't do that one. Simple?

• Tiffany Nash
    Master August 2014
    Tiffany Nash ·
    • Flag

The first picture is choice #1 but it I decide an updo I would probably do something like #2

• ** Christina Q! **
    VIP December 2014
    ** Christina Q! ** ·
    • Flag

I think half up half down styles are awesome, theyre the best of both worlds. I especially love them with some soft curls coming down, looks so pretty and classic

• J
    Just Said Yes May 2014
    jona ·
    • Flag

You hair style depends o your wedding dress. But a bun goes with all the dresses, or as you have planned you can get half up and half down hair. I am a hair dresser it would be great if you send some pictures of you and your dress, I will be able to guide you correctly.

www.foreverflawless.com.au/bridal-hair-melbourne

• Amber
    Expert August 2014
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I have a shorter length of hair, so this wont be a huge issue for me. Im hoping to leave mine down with some curls. I am not much of a stylish person when it comes to hair

• Soon to be Mrs. Z
    VIP September 2013
    Soon to be Mrs. Z ·
    • Flag

I said up all the way then the day before the wedding I wore it down and I'm so thrilled I did! I put it up after the ceremony.. my stylist was a guest and didn't mind taking the time to whip out an up do

• Mrs.Thornes
    Super July 2014
    Mrs.Thornes ·
    • Flag

I'll be having mine down mid-July.

• Amy
    Super May 2014
    Amy ·
    • Flag

I'm doing it down as that's how I always wear my hair and my FH loves it. I'm nervous about the curl staying and the sweating but am considering putting it up at the reception (after first dances and cake cutting!)

• Jill
    Expert June 2014
    Jill ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing mine 1/2 up but I have super curly hair. If I leave it all down in June and it's even slightly precipitating outside I will have an afro!

• P
    Super August 2014
    Private User ·
    • Flag

I am wearing my hair in an updo. I can wear my hair down any other day and I do. This will be one of the few times I can actually have my hair done up. I am also getting married in August and don't think I want to get all sweaty and have my hair sticking to my neck. That would drive me crazy!

• Krista
    Expert August 2014
    Krista ·
    • Flag

Such a hard decision. I do generally wear my hair down so maybe this should be an opportunity to wear it up. But then again like Soon to be Mrs Z my stylist is a friend and will be at my wedding...maybe if it gets to unmanageable then we go to the bathroom and convert to an up do.

I have natural curly hair so curls will hold tightly, I am more less worried about my long hair on my neck.. maybe we will have a mild summer

• Mrs. Noratel
    Super June 2014
    Mrs. Noratel ·
    • Flag

My wedding is the 1st day of summer and I will be going with an up do! I prefer it over wearing my hair down as my hair is thick and too much to deal with when down. I like the idea of it being up and out of my face and I won't have to deal with it at all in addition to the heat and humidity.

What about wearing your hair down or half-up, half-down for the ceremony and then converting it to an updo for the reception? Could be fun to switch it up!

• Ashley
    VIP September 2014
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I will be wearing my hair in a up-do. I have very long, thick hair and it has fallen out of every curl I have ever tried to put in my hair. I envision my hair being a mess by the time the reception starts if I were to wear it down.

• Amy
    Super May 2014
    Amy ·
    • Flag

Krista - the best advice anyone can give you is do what you want. If you have always envisioned yourself at your wedding with your hair don/half up then go for it!! No one but you will remember if you were sweating :0)

A friend of mine always wore her hair down and for the wedding she did a very classy updo. Not that it wasn't beautiful, but it didn't look like her and after regretted doing it.

• C
    Master July 2014
    csquid ·
    • Flag

My hair will be mostly down. But everything is indoors so I'm not worried about the weather affecting it aside from the pics outside for a little bit.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles