Lynnie
WeddingWire Administrator October 2016

Splurge on a short honeymoon or spend less so you can stay longer?

Lynnie, on October 1, 2019 at 11:05 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 114
Saved Save

Which trip is more your vacation style?? 馃С Would you rather live large for a few days, or use that money to extend the trip? 馃捀

Which honeymoon would you rather choose?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bd3a3cd677861452e

giphy.gif

Next Question: Plan for one more month or one more year?

Back to the Beginning: Would You Rather?

114 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn
    • Flag

Spend less to stay longer. We aren't all about the excursions and exploring for our honeymoon, we really just want to spend as much time together as possible.

• Brianna N
    Super October 2019
    Brianna N
    • Flag

Spend less to stay longer!

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey
    • Flag

Spend less to stay longer!

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy
    • Flag

Spend less to stay longer!! The longer I can stay away from work, the better!

• Jill
    Expert May 2020
    Jill
    • Flag

Spend less and stay longer! We are doing a 2 week honeymoon and are doing just that!

• Fenja
    Rockstar June 2020
    Fenja
    • Flag

Spend less to stay longer! I want to spend as much time as possible with FH.

• Jenni
    Dedicated September 2021
    Jenni
    • Flag

For most vacations, I would choose spend less stay longer. But for my honeymoon, I would wanna go all out even if it's just for a week. I've always envisioned the honeymoon as the vacation you would never normally take. I would love to be able to go to Europe even if I could only be there a short time.

• Rachel
    Beginner August 2020
    Rachel
    • Flag
    Probably spend less and stay longer. both of us are really low key so we could handle a more chill honeymoon with a longer stay!
  • Kenyattam79
    Beginner October 2020
    Kenyattam79
    • Flag
    I know how to find amazing accommodations for great prices I鈥檓 paying less to stay longer. I need a break from day to day and the planning of the wedding. It鈥檚 going to take me at least three days to just to recover from all of the buzz of the wedding.
  • Shari
    Savvy March 2020
    Shari
    • Flag

Longer is the way to goooooo. I'm a traveler so I know length over fancy dinners and hotels

• Yomarie
    Savvy November 2019
    Yomarie
    • Flag
    Use the money to extend the trip 馃懓馃徏馃拲馃グ馃さ馃徎 #bridetobe
  • B
    Beginner September 2020
    Bethani
    • Flag

Spend less to stay longer

• Megan
    Expert October 2019
    Megan
    • Flag
    If we had the time to... spend less and stay longer but my FH rarely gets time off work so splurging on a nice honeymoon would work better for us.
  • Annie
    Savvy June 2020
    Annie
    • Flag

Spend less to stay longer. That's what we're doing! Beautiful all-inclusive resort, but it's older and a bit outdated so we're getting a real bargain on it. And we get to stay longer than if we'd done a newer resort or a fancier trip.

• Blair
    Expert October 2020
    Blair
    • Flag

This is the hardest questions so far but I'm going to have to go with live large for a few days. It's our honeymoon so I know we're going to want to do it all.

• Naomi
    Beginner June 2020
    Naomi
    • Flag
    Spend less so that we can more time for just me and him.
  • Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya
    • Flag

I would rather spend less to stay longer on our honeymoon. I love traveling to different places and my fiance and I getting to spend time together and explore different destinations.

• Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine
    • Flag

Normal trips I would opt to pay less and stay longer but for our honeymoon I would want to splurge a little bit. We have ours booked already and it's only for a week but it's also all inclusive which I'm super ecstatic about.

• Chrysta
    Super November 2020
    Chrysta
    • Flag
    Live large!! I鈥檇 much rather get to splurge and do all the things I want then spend that extra time we didn鈥檛 have during the honeymoon to 鈥渞ecover鈥 and spend some quiet time alone together at home
  • Rebeca
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Rebeca
    • Flag
    Spend less & enjoy the time with my babe for longer!!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics