A
Savvy August 2019

Spain/Greece/Italy Honeymoon Questions and Suggestions?

Alyssa, on May 2, 2019 at 9:43 AM Posted in Honeymoon
We're trying to lock down our honeymoon. At the moment our main choices (in no particular order) are Spain, Greece, and Italy. Comparing flights they're pretty close except one factor....

Flying into Madrid is about $400 cheaper round trip for 2. But unless we add in a long train ride or hopper flight we won't see any beaches and it being mid to late August it would be nice.

Madrid vs Barcelona vs Versilles.... Wheres your favorite? And is Madrid worth missing the beach?

Thank you!
Share:

6 Comments

• Gen
    Rockstar
    Gen ·
    I haven’t been to any of these places (unfortunately) but my FH’s uncle lives in Madrid and you could absolutely do Madrid and Barcelona in the same trip. European rail systems are fantastic, and Madrid and Barcelona are only about a 3 hour train ride apart. Leave Madrid after breakfast and you’ll be in Barcelona by lunch
  • Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K ·

I've been to Madrid, Barcelona, Toledo, Seville, and Cordoba. I personally loved Madrid, however, I do think Barcelona is better for a honeymoon destination. Both are beautiful, great food and people, and a ton of stuff to do, however, Barcelona I feel like definitely has more stuff to do that would be geared towards a romantic honeymoon. I think it depends on what you are looking to do. If you want the beach and to relax on your honeymoon, do Barc. If you want to do stuff and see stuff and learn more about history and their culture, do Madrid. That is not to say you cant't see and do stuff in Barc because you deifnitely can and you can find ways to relax in Madrid as well. As Gen said, you could easily do both in one trip if you wanted. I went to Spain for 10 days and spent time in all of the above listed cities so it definitely is doable to do two cities in one trip if not more.

• Christine
    Devoted September 2020
    Christine ·

You should be fine to fly into Madrid and then take the train to Barcelona!

• D
    Savvy May 2019
    David ·

Spent 6 months in Spain and co-sign everything Mrs. K. Says about it. Spectacular place to visit!

• A
    Savvy August 2019
    Alyssa ·
    View Quoted Comment
    So we found flights into Barcelona for the same price.... what would you recommend or your own suggestions for a honeymoon for 10 days?

Barcelona and Madrid
    Barcelona and Versailles
    Barcelona and Majorca
    Barcelona and other
    Just Barcelona with seeing gothic quarter, eixample, some beach days, maybe a boat tour?

I was ambitious and wanted to do 2 major places, but wondering if we might just want to low key live in Barcelona for those days.

Also what beaches do you reccomend in August?

Or anything else that is a must see?

Anyone else can answer too
  • A
    Savvy August 2019
    Alyssa ·
    Also is it worth getting a car or is the train and walking good enough?

Comment on this discussion