Jennifer
VIP July 2016

So... Its been a long time... BAM!!

Jennifer, on August 26, 2016 at 12:44 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 18
Saved Save

Since I've been on. Some of it was that my firewall wouldn't let me on...

Anyway, in the mean time.... I got married!!! We were having problems saving money for the big day (2 Jul 2017). Every time we saved, we had to spend it on the kids, or on the house, or whatever. So! We decided to have a very small, backyard wedding. We invited all of our friends and had a wonderful day!! I think in total, between food, alcohol, and the tent/tables/and chairs we rented, I think we spent a total of $2k. We had a total of about 50 people come, including immediate family and close friends.

So for me, the most important things were my husband having a bit of those 'getting married' moments (seeing me walk down an aisle, having his family there etc). I felt that food, family and fun were the most important things. We told our guests to dress like they were coming to a BBQ, but that yes, we were getting married too.

So, here's some pics!!

18 Comments

• Jennifer
    VIP July 2016
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

My son took his job of giving me away very seriously...

The wedding was in our back yard... my wedding party consisted of my eldest daughter as MOH and my youngest daughter and next younger sister as BMs. And my Husband *wow* CRIED the whole time!!!

• Jennifer
    VIP July 2016
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

More

• Jennifer
    VIP July 2016
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

My new family! His God daughter was our flower girl, last min addition (yes in a Storm Trooper dress!) and the tie on my flowers and that my son wore were both my father's. And a pic of my two youngest walking back...

Sorry that those were all over the place!

• DeniseD
    Master May 2015
    DeniseD ·
    • Flag

I am LOVING that dress!! Congrats.

• Jennifer
    VIP July 2016
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Thank you! I was going to wear another one, but I ended up paying $180 on amazon... I know the horror stories, but here's one that actually came out! I was so relieved when it showed up!

• Jennifer
    VIP July 2016
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Oh, and if anybody remembers me, and remembers the Momma Llama Drama I've mentioned dealing with in regards to my mother.... She did indeed try to pull her crap. The night before she told me all about a quilt she made for me and my husband, but this was a quilt she started back in 1998 when I was getting married the first time. Then at the wedding she tried to give it to me in front of everybody, and got angry when I pulled her aside to do it in private. She wanted to show everybody how great she is. Luckily I happened to find my husband right away so we didn't have to go looking for him later.

She tried to steal my baby niece from my SiL's MiL (not the baby's grandma, but another of my sisters, MiL), but the baby was asleep and had just gotten that way. My sister had to yell at my mom to leave the baby alone so she could sleep.

Then, she got yelled at by my youngest sister, for yelling at my son for doing something I'd specifically asked him to do. That's about when she stormed off. She left. Left my step-father at my house too.

Glad I missed the last two, but I noticed not long after that she was missing. I can't believe her sometimes.

• Flufflepuff
    Master June 2017
    Flufflepuff ·
    • Flag

Congratulations! Your dress is beautiful!

• MeetTheHamiltons
    Master April 2017
    MeetTheHamiltons ·
    • Flag

Love it!!! I think it is so cute how seriously your son was. Congratulation

• Jessica450
    Expert September 2016
    Jessica450 ·
    • Flag

Congrats! Glad it turned out good!

• Ellsy62
    Master October 2017
    Ellsy62 ·
    • Flag

Congratulations

• JustBre
    Devoted October 2016
    JustBre ·
    • Flag

You look so happy! congrats!!!

• melanie
    Master August 2017
    melanie ·
    • Flag

Congrats! You look super happy and I love your dress!

• kiandra
    Master October 2016
    kiandra ·
    • Flag

Congratulations your dress is gorgeous

• Ayesha
    Super October 2016
    Ayesha ·
    • Flag

My kind of wedding, sweet and special! Congrats. You looked beautiful.

• Happily Newson
    Dedicated June 2017
    Happily Newson ·
    • Flag

Congratulations

• Martins
    Super October 2016
    Martins ·
    • Flag

Congratulations! So cute Smiley smile and you dress is gorgeous. You look beautiful.

• Tiffany Nash
    Master August 2014
    Tiffany Nash ·
    • Flag

Congratulations! So simple and gorgeous!!

• Mrs.G
    Master April 2017
    Mrs.G ·
    • Flag

Aww congrats

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics