tiffany
Dedicated November 2014

smore's kit or hot coco kit favors! :)

tiffany, on January 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 14
Saved Save

I'm having a fall wedding and i was thinking about giving out a "kit" as the little gift for our quest. i'm stuck on a smore's kit or a hot coco kit. which would go better for a fall themed wedding?? i seen some cute ideas for the smore's kit but im not crazy about placing a little candle or a match in with it.... something about it makes me

14 Comments

• Cydney J (Cydney M)
    Master October 2011
    Cydney J (Cydney M) ·

I like the hot coco kit...the s'mores idea is a cute idea as well...but I'd probably just eat it in pieces rather than actually making it, where as the hot coco you can just dump into hot water

• tiffany
    Dedicated November 2014
    tiffany ·

OMG! I LOVE THEM BOTH!!! SOOOO CUTE!!

• Alina
    VIP August 2012
    Alina ·

I like the Hot Cocoa idea!

http://magazine.zankyou.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/hotchocolate.jpg

http://blog.koyalwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Personalized-Hot-Cocoa-Party-Favors.jpg

• tiffany
    Dedicated November 2014
    tiffany ·

Yeah i see what u mean. the hot coco would be easier on the guest... i just like them both...so hard to choose! lol

• Kimm
    Master October 2012
    Kimm ·

OOOOOO thanks for this. We are already going to be doing the s'mores kits, but we will be able to actually make the s'mores right there over hot flames :-) But I also like the hot cocoa kits..... they will actually fit in the cute little coffins that I have for the favors and with peppermint sticks thrown in would really be great!!!

• Tammy
    Super May 2012
    Tammy ·

You can do both!!!! Alternate at the seats. Some may swap to their choice. I love this idea! So cute.

I just saw the smore idea in a mag. last week. I think it was DIY Bride.

• tiffany
    Dedicated November 2014
    tiffany ·

Tammy M. thats a great idea! giving my quest a choice is a good idea!

• Courtney
    Expert December 2012
    Courtney ·

I'm doing the hot cocoa favors. If you use your acmoore and michaels coupons you can get the bags to make them for pretty cheap. For all of our guests about 120, it was about $.60 a guest.

• Rachel
    Super July 2012
    Rachel ·

I think hot cocoa is more sensible. I'm another on of those that is trying to figure exactly how your guests are going to roast their marshmallows for smores later on. Hot cocoa just requires some hot water or milk.

I do want to do a smores bar at my wedding possibly. I think it'd be tons of fun.

• Anonymous
    Devoted August 2012
    Anonymous ·

I vote for hot cocoa if its fall, when will people make s'mores?

• Fiona
    Super October 2012
    Fiona ·

My vote is with smores because tahts what i'm doing in mini picnic baskets taht will double as the placecard holder!! <3

• E
    Devoted May 2012
    Erin ·

I think smores seem more fall ish but if you're making them yourself I found this idea for hot chocolate a while ago. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

It's hot chocolate on a stick, and its seems pretty easy to make and they can eat them separate or make hot chocolate from them.

http://www.dainty-chef.com/2011/12/hot-chocolate-on-stick.html

• Courtney
    Super May 2012
    Courtney ·

I vote hot cocoa, love me some smores, but hot cocoa is so cozy!!

• Cydney J (Cydney M)
    Master October 2011
    Cydney J (Cydney M) ·

Cool idea Erin!! I love it!

Comment on this discussion