Skip to main content
Samantha
Expert December 2021

Slim Down Team Work!

Samantha, on August 31, 2021 at 2:43 PM

Posted in Fitness and Health 233

Any brides who want to team up and help each other slim down for their gown with me? I don't have social media, there aren't a lot of gym classes near me and I'm having trouble staying motivated on my own to lose the last 30 pounds before my December wedding!
Any brides who want to team up and help each other slim down for their gown with me? I don't have social media, there aren't a lot of gym classes near me and I'm having trouble staying motivated on my own to lose the last 30 pounds before my December wedding!

233 Comments

• Nichole
    Expert September 2022
    Nichole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Dont get too stressed out!! You just started nursing school and have a lot going on. Go when you can and dont stress out when you cant. Theres always going to be great weeks where you go everyday and then weeks where you never make it.
  • Samantha
    Expert December 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is true. Thank you for your kind words! Smiley smile
  • Nichole
    Expert September 2022
    Nichole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Your welcome. I figure that's one of the reasons we joined this chat. Smiley smile Plus I lost 50ish pounds a few years ago then gained it all back and am trying to loose it again. One of the reasons I joined noom is because it seems sustainable. One of the things they repeatedly talk about is that everyone has slip ups/bad days/weeks etc. And that just because you hit a rough patch that doesnt mean you failed and to stop trying. You can still work your way back.
  • Nichole
    Expert September 2022
    Nichole ·
    • Flag
    Ugh Im on lunch break at work and I really want some chips or something sweet out of the vending machine. Trying to be good though.
  • Samantha
    Expert December 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Drink more water! If you really want a snack in 15 minutes get one. Smiley smile
  • Nichole
    Expert September 2022
    Nichole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    🙃 I managed to resist. I did end up drinking one extra Dr. Pepper today because I had to do some driving after work and needed the pick up. How was your day.
  • Nichole
    Expert September 2022
    Nichole ·
    • Flag
    How is your day looking so far? We are supposed to get pizza at work today since "we did such a good job for the corporate walk"🙄 I am going to try to keep it to one or two slices.
  • Samantha
    Expert December 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Two slices sounds tasty! Another stressful day, didn't get to the gym and I got home a few minutes ago from class.
  • Nichole
    Expert September 2022
    Nichole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I ended up having 4 😔 but i only did a baked potato for dinner so that balances out a little. How are classes going?
  • Samantha
    Expert December 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's just one day. Smiley smile
    Did you have a good day though?
  • Nichole
    Expert September 2022
    Nichole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It was alright. I ended up doing alot of running around. Picked up a few things from work that I needed, stopped to see what Spirit Halloween had (seasonal costume/Halloween store), stopped at FH aunts house to pick something up, and stopped at the grocery store before I finally got to go home.
  • Samantha
    Expert December 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sounds busy!
  • Nichole
    Expert September 2022
    Nichole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yea I was. I hope I can take a nap tomorrow but I have feeling that it wont happen. Sometimes starting work at 3am can be rough.
  • Samantha
    Expert December 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    Checking in! When this post was created I weighed 178lbs. I weighed in this morning at 171.6lbs!! How's everyone else doing??
  • Nichole
    Expert September 2022
    Nichole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was on vacation last week, just got home tonight so I am sure I gained a few pounds with all the yummy but bad eating I did. Getting back on track tomorrow though.
  • Alexandra
    Savvy August 2022
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag
    Just jumping in now but I would love accountability and to check in! The support and motivation from others would be a huge help! 😊
  • Nichole
    Expert September 2022
    Nichole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi!! Welcome to the group!! How have things been going with your journey so far?
  • Fiona
    Super May 2024
    Fiona ·
    • Flag

I have just joined a gym and have started to try and eat healthier but it is taking a while for the weight to shift. Hope everyone else is going well with their weight loss journeys. Smiley smile

• Nichole
    Expert September 2022
    Nichole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thats great! I was doing really good but then went on vacation followed by 2 weekends in a row of camping so got off course 🙄 but getting back on course tomorrow. Thankfully I still have time to get back on track. I love sweets so thats been the hardest to avoid.
  • Alexandra
    Savvy August 2022
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!! Just getting going! 🥳 Any tips getting started? Did anyone use a motivation board etc?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics