We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Sierra
Savvy June 2019

show me your save the Dates!!

Sierra, on March 15, 2019 at 8:40 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 14
Saved Save

I personally hand made our STD and used some of our engagement pictures.

We incorporated our babies into it since they can't be in the wedding Smiley heart

There are 2 pictures. The one that says "Save the Date" is on the front.

show me your save the Dates!! 1

Engagement Pic with pups!!show me your save the Dates!! 2

Engagement Pic with pupsshow me your save the Dates!! 3

14 Comments

• Megan
    Super May 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag

We included our furbaby in our engagement session but didn't choose a picture with her for our actual save the date. Our STD was a magnet that was made to look like a polaroid (with white space around the picture- it's hard to tell from the pic uploaded here)

show me your save the Dates!! 4

save the date show me your save the Dates!! 5

• Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

Love the pups!

• Sierra
    Savvy June 2019
    Sierra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

AWW that's adorable!! And I LOVE the polaroid idea

• Sierra
    Savvy June 2019
    Sierra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lol thank you, our Pittie is a huge camera ham, she's always smiling.. As you can probably tell, my best friend was distracting our other dog to keep her attention lol.

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

How precious, Sierra!! Your pups are hams and I love how happy you all look! I get your guests are going to be delighted to get your save the dates!

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

Cute! So guests are RSVPing to the save the date, not the invite? I've never seen that before and not sure I'd be able to commit that far in advance.

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Your STDs are super cute, and I love that you incorporated your fur babies. I am a little curious as to why you have your guests RSVPing to your STD though?

• Cellie
    Savvy October 2019
    Cellie ·
    • Flag
    Found these on Etsy

show me your save the Dates!! 6
  • Sierra
    Savvy June 2019
    Sierra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

When I originally did it, I was under the impression that I needed to send out RSVP cards with the STD and that would tell me how many formal invitations I needed to send out. However, after being on here and seeing that it's more proper to send them with the invites instead, I will be sending an additional RSVP card with the invites to the people who haven't RSVPd to the STD lol... I have gotten pretty lucky though and only a small handful of people didn't RSVP to the STD lol.. I think I'm way in over my head with this whole wedding planning thing. As much as I enjoy wedding planning, I definitely wouldn't personally choose it as a career. It takes a strong and patient person for that line of work lol

• Sierra
    Savvy June 2019
    Sierra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's super adorable!! I love the whole names carved in a tree thing. Very old school romantic Smiley heart

• Nicole
    Super September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

So cute!! I love that you included the sunflower seeds Smiley smile nice little touch Smiley smile

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lol, I get it. Its hard to know all of the ins and outs of wedding planning. Hoping everything works out for you!

• Mandy
    Savvy August 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag
    I created my save the dates using one of our engagement pictures and Adobe Illustrator, then had them printed out at Walmart! Super cost effective, and I love how they turned out!

show me your save the Dates!! 7
  • Krystal
    Dedicated April 2019
    Krystal ·
    • Flag
    My sister's assistance actually designed ours. It's perfect since we're having an Epcot reception!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles