Stacy
Devoted March 2019

Show me your beach wedding shoes!

Stacy, on December 13, 2017 at 4:28 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 21
Saved Save

I'm pretty conflicted. Wee as getting married at an elegant beach resort, with the ceremony being on the beach and reception in a small ballroom. FH wants me to have one pair of shoes for the night, which would mean no heels! I've always wanted nice heels for my wedding. I have tiny, skinny feet, so it has always been hard to find nice shoes to fit me anyways. Basically I need some kinda strap to hold them in my feet. I found some small wedged silver jeweled shoes that would work for both (maybe?), but I'm not in love with them. They are discontinued and only select stores have my size and I'd have to call around to have them ship them to my local store. The picture is of those shoes. They are Nina, so they are comfortable too. I just really either had navy blue or white shoes in mind. Silver shoes like this remind me of homecoming and prom. And I don't think I could stand to wear barefoot sandals.. hot sand and sensitive feet.

21 Comments

• C
    Just Said Yes June 2022
    Carri ·
    • Flag

I was thinking about wearing feet jewelry for weddings, because they look very pretty and I'll be on the beach, but I also want like a board walk like figure to walk in so idk

• C
    Just Said Yes June 2022
    Carri ·
    • Flag

Like this

• Stacy
    Devoted March 2019
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

boardwalks just seemed out of budget for us. My feet hurt when I walk on sand, so I just won't do those.

• Nicole
    VIP November 2017
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I went barefoot for the ceremony and then put on my heels for the reception.

• Stacy
    Devoted March 2019
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

but what about the sand being hot?

• starsinwaves
    VIP November 2018
    starsinwaves ·
    • Flag

These are mine, for the whole night. They are more sparkly in person. I figure no one is really going to see my shoes anyway and I'd rather be comfy than suffer through heels all night.

ETA: not sure what time your wedding is, but mine is 1.5 hours before sunset, so the sand shouldn't be too hot anymore by then.

• Stacy
    Devoted March 2019
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

Oh! We plan on doing a cruise for our honeymoon, so it's another reason I want heels. They could be worn again for the elegant night(s).

• Nicole
    VIP November 2017
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

The sand was not hot where we were. Where is your wedding? We were in Cabo. I know I've been to beaches where the sand has been really hot, but I think it just depends on the type of sand at that location. Have you been to your location before? Or can you ask your venue what other brides have done.

You could also buy a cheep pair of flip flops for the ceremony then change into the heels for the reception. I know you said FH wants you to get just 1 pair if shoes. I'm assuming this is for budget reasons. But, I also feel it's one of those things guys just don't always think about as being an issue. You can not safely walk in the sand in heels. And if the sand is hot, your feet need to be covered. I would talk to him and tell him that you've always wanted heels for your wedding day and would like to find 2 pairs of shoes that are not going to go over whatever budget you guys have set. If your dress is long, no one will see your shoes on the beach anyways so there is no need to get really expensive ones in my opinion.

• Stacy
    Devoted March 2019
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

I want shoes I'll be able to use again, not just strictly bridal shoes. We're getting married in Vero Beach, FL. Not too sure how the sand will be at 6pm, but I know the sun will still be out. I was thinking some plain navy, silver, or white sandals for the ceremony and heels for reception.

• Meg
    Dedicated February 2018
    Meg ·
    • Flag

He only wants u to have 1 pair? Buy 2 pairs anyway. *Drop mic

• Erin Wood
    Master July 2017
    Erin Wood ·
    • Flag

We had our ceremony overlooking the beach and I wore strappy 1" heels. We were down on the beach for pictures during sunset and I just wore sparkly flip flops. Their are no pictures that show my feet.

• Marissa
    Savvy September 2018
    Marissa ·
    • Flag

These are mine! I'm flat and good for sand, re-wearable but fancier than what I would normally buy for myself!

But why can you only have one pair of shoes for the night? Seems like you should get to make that choice, not your partner?

• Daniella
    Savvy April 2018
    Daniella ·
    • Flag

@ Marissa....do you mind if I ask where you got those? They are exactly what I have been looking for.

• Ashley
    Expert August 2017
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I had the foot jewelry. Our photographer told me to show my feet, so hubby decided he would show his too lol

• Marissa
    Savvy September 2018
    Marissa ·
    • Flag

@Daniella - I got them from BHLDN, they look even better in person and the bottoms are painted a really nice blue if you are into the "something blue" thing Smiley smile

• GreektoIrish2017
    Super October 2017
    GreektoIrish2017 ·
    • Flag

Our shoes, mine and the bridesmaids, were wedges. From Sears.com

• Stacy
    Devoted March 2019
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

Are those from David's bridal?

• Beachy
    VIP November 2017
    Beachy ·
    • Flag

I had sparkly flip flops I wore pretty much not at all. It was a sunset time wedding and not hot on our feet at all.

• Stacy
    Devoted March 2019
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

Sunset for us will be around 7:30, which is when the reception starts.

• Megan
    Expert June 2018
    Megan ·
    • Flag

These are my ceremony 'shoes' but I'll change into heels for the reception.

Comment on this discussion