We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

April
Just Said Yes July 2021

Setting a date during covid

April, on August 10, 2020 at 8:02 PM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved Save
Long story short, my husband and I opted for a minimony with the idea of a sequel ceremony in the future. Our sequel ceremony is set for July 2021....I’m nervous that this day will not fall through. Is July 2022 too far away for a sequel ceremony?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on August 12, 2020 at 12:07 PM
  • L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    My fiance and I postponed our wedding from July 2020 to July 2022. I don't think it's too far away. I think it's far enough away to where COVID hopefully won't be a threat by then, but close enough to where you can still start planning and making progress. Vendor availability should be a lot better for 2022 than 2021. A sequel ceremony sounds like an awesome idea! I think either 2021 or 2022 would be fine.
  • Suzie
    Super October 2020
    Suzie ·
    • Flag

I’ve wondered this myself. We’re having a micro-wedding in Oct and our postponed wedding Oct 2021. In the end, however, I just have to remind myself that we have no idea where this pandemic will be by the end of this year, let alone next, so I just need to focus on this year for now. I’d rather have to push again then postpone two years out, but that’s just me. Do what you feel is right for you both!

• Michelle
    Devoted April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I think that’ll be fine. Maybe you can have fun with the wording when you send out the invites?
  • April
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    April ·
    • Flag
    Thanks everyone! It helps to hear from brides dealing with the pandemic in real time. It’s been difficult to find information online because professionals in the field have to be VERY careful how to word their suggestions...and sometimes it’s too vague. The validation certainly helps and I’m looking forward to the dance floor after this pandemic!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I definitely understand April! It's so impossible to predict, so the next best thing is definitely to connect with other couples looking at the same time frame and see how they feel! Smiley heart

Here are a few other discussions from summer 2021 couples you can check out as well: 2021 postponing?, Worried about my date (August 2021), and 2021 Brides: how far are you in wedding planning?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles