Jacqueline
Dedicated September 2019

September 7, 2019 Brides?

Jacqueline, on February 15, 2019 at 4:39 PM

Posted in Planning 85

Hey everyone! Where are my date twins at? How are you all doing on planning?

Hey everyone! Where are my date twins at? How are you all doing on planning?

85 Comments

• Clare
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Clare ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah for you! How exciting about your fitting... Let us know how it goes
  • Latoosa
    Latoosa ·
    • Flag
    Howdy date twins!

We've been seeming right along and have the Venue, officiant, catering, DJ, Photographer, cake, our rings, I have my dress but my bridesmaids and bridesman don't yet (each will have their own dress so it's up to them to get what they like in a specific color), my shoes, all hair+make up booked, almost done with the flowers + other rentals, and booze/bartendresses are almost done. The groom will be getting his suit fitted soon. Really it's the DIY stuff like the centerpieces and bouquets that are the big things left hahaha. Majority of this I've been doing while out at sea working on the ship with spotty internet. Help from the parents was key in picking out the venue for sure though haha. So pretty stoked about it all! Cant wait till I'm off the ship and can see him! ^_^
  • Latoosa
    Latoosa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Just remember what yall are doing this for. For the love of each other! For the memories you will hold close while yall are away from each other. It's tough not having your other half to make such big decisions but if anything I've learned from working in a male dominated workforce is that guys are happy when your happy haha. Sure they have a few things they will want but mostly they will be happy to marry you anyplace, anytime and wear just about anything as long as they get to see you smile and you change your name haha!
    So keep up the spirit!
  • K
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    Your my date twin, I have tons of ideas and my venue, DJ and food done. My dress decided on just not ordered yet.
  • A
    Ali ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That sounds like a lot of fun!
  • Shayla
    Shayla ·
    • Flag

Date twin here as well! Planning is going well...my fiance and I are in graduate school and we are managing fairly well!! Looking forward to the honeymoon! We are truly in need of a vacation.

• Briana
    Briana ·
    • Flag
    Wedding planning 🤦🏾‍♀️. I have cake but I don’t have food! My plan A failed, plan B is taking FOREVER to get back with me and plan C consists of ordering a bunch of number 1’s from chik-fil-a and throwing them into some chafing dishes 😬 other than that, I am in love with all the DIY projects I’ve completed and have to complete. I can’t stop looking at my dress 😻
  • Haein
    Haein ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I know! We’re the same with you. We got venue, photographer and cencept Smiley catface we got engaged in July but started planning in January... Don’t worry we got this! Still have 7 months to go Smiley heart
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

Hey everyone!

First of all congrats to all my date twins!!! We got engaged March 10, 2018. We started planning pretty quickly to nail the big things down. We have our venue (ceremony and reception), decorations, cake, flowers, photographer, DJ, my dress, bridesmaids dresses, and flower girl dresses. We are starting to get an idea for the suits, we have our rings picked out but have not purchased them yet, and our food tasting is just a couple weeks away! We have sent our save the dates and have a rough idea for our invitations.

All in all, doing well and I hope everything continues to go well for you all!

• I
    Itzel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    OMG SAME! we only need dj cake and invitations!
  • Carina
    Carina ·
    • Flag
    Hey date twins 💗💗the day is getting closer , we almost have everything booked . I’m so excited ! Smiley heart
  • Angelina
    Angelina ·
    • Flag
    Date twins 👰👭💕💍
  • S
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    Yay so many date twins! We have our venue, photographer, DJ, officiant, my dress, bridesmaids dresses. Still needing to finalize flowers, cake, grooms attire, getting our rings. 😁
  • Meghan
    Super September 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Wow so many date twins! We have most of the big stuff down but it still feels like we have a lot to do... it doesn't help when you try to call people and they're not there! Happened 3 times on Friday. Smiley amazing

• C
    Camille ·
    • Flag
    This thread is good motivation to continue with the planning! We have our vendors booked, but I don’t have plans finalized - what will ceremony include, what are the colors, bridesmaid dresses or groomsmen suits, or wedding rings... we’ve been engaged since last February
  • Alyssa
    Dedicated September 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

Hello Wedding Twins!! I am also getting married 9/7/19. I have so much ready to go cause i am beyond excited to marry my best friend.

we got engaged 04/21/2018

I have set: church, venue, wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, mothers dresses, tux colors picked out but not rented or bought yet (still debating between that), flower done, guest book done, wedding party done, decorations done, DJ done, Cake done, Invitations are being printed this weekend so i can assemble them ( i am doing them all on my own), photographer, videography, limo service.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Hello wedding date twins! I got engaged November 11th. All I have scheduled is the venue which is all inclusive at the Marriott hotel. The catering, cake and decorations are all covered by the hotel. We were also able to do a room block. All we have to do on our own is hire a DJ and photographer. Hope everyone’s planning is going well. I have not sent out save the dates yet since we are still deciding on a final guest list. Anyone have an affordable way to create save the dates and invites?? Sugggestions welcomed also looking for flower arrangement ideas and affordable options for flourists.
  • Paige
    Paige ·
    • Flag
    Hey there gang! Our wedding planning is going good! Engaged November 8th. We’ve got venue, dj, photographer/videographer, bridal party, started a few decorations, honeymoon, we have our bakery selected and go tasting soon, registered this last weekend, sent save the dates Smiley smile hope everything is going well for y’all!
  • LOLO
    Savvy September 2019
    LOLO ·
    • Flag
    We have everything except cake, decor, invites, and favors! we need to get some more decor.. i feel like I'm missing something
  • Carrie
    Carrie ·
    • Flag
    Hi all september 7th ladies! It seems like awhile off but then when i see the countdown to days on the wedding wire app, the panic sets in!🤪😁😱. So far ive got the dress, ceremony venue and reception venue on lockdown. About 95% positive on color scheme. Cake is included with ceremony venue so that will be settled when we meet again in april. Good luck to everyone and remember to enjoy and make wonderful memories along the way!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics