Ashley
Expert October 2021

Postponed- what issues are you running into?

Ashley, on July 9, 2020 at 8:50 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 18
Saved Save
That’s it. We officially postponed, which added 370 days to our 100 day count down. I’m sad, but it’s for the better. Hopefully 2021 will be a little nicer to us.

What issues are y’all running into with postponing? I feel like I need a damage control checklist.

Luckily all our vendors switched no problem, but my only issue now is with the venue. The on-site cabins that we were using for guests that wanted to stay are no longer available with the new date, and it was the only date available for next October. BUT if that’s my biggest problem right now, I think I’m doing ok. Lol tenor.gif

18 Comments

Latest activity by Sexypoodle, on July 10, 2020 at 9:07 PM
  • Rebecca
    Devoted September 2021
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    It sounds like your new plan is working out great (minus the cabins, of course)! We’ve had pretty good luck too-our venue and most of our vendors were able to move without issue. The only one who isn’t available is our DJ, but we have plenty of time to find somebody new!
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    Glad that almost everything is working out for you!! Sorry that the cabins weren't available, but I'm sure you'll find a perfect alternative! Our vendors and venue all switched from July 2020 without an issue, though the only downside is we have our entire wedding planned and we're now postponed to July 2022 due to limited venue availability. Otherwise, no issues here, so I am considering myself lucky!
  • Ashley
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh good! Hopefully both our new dates treat us well!
  • Ashley
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We toyed with the idea of pushing out 2 years instead of 1. We’ve already been engaged for 2 years this September, so I’m just being selfish at this point. Of course I would have cabins then. 😂🤷🏻‍♀️ Enjoy your downtime!
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    A 4-year engagement would have been super long! I don't blame you for not wanting to go two years out. This next year will (hopefully) go by quick. Best of luck to you!!
  • Ashley
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Haha right?! Good luck to you too!
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sounds like us! We postponed from this October until next October. Increasing from a 21 month engagement to 33 months. Due to the uncertainty of the pandemic, I thought about spring/summer 2021. But a nearly 3 year engagement is already too long. But, thankfully, we had no issues postponing. The vendors have been accommodating and understanding. They simply moved our date with no hassle or extra charges.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Oops! ^^^ I meant spring/summer 2022.
  • Ashley
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol I figured as much! My hair and makeup lady is charging me an additional $50, which is whatever at this point. I think we’re going to do another engagement/RIP wedding shoot around our original date. I mean we waited 2 years for that date, why not!

What were/is your date? How funny would it be if we were the same 😂
  • J
    Expert May 2021
    Jaime ·
    • Flag

Everything moved over to the new date pretty easily. It was honestly surprising how seamless it was... although I know that is not the case for everyone. I think we were just lucky. The only hiccup we have right now is that we rented an Airbnb above our venue and they have been radio silent about moving our deposit to our new date. Of course we didn't book through Airbnb but booked through the owner (who has a relationship with the venue)... Our original reservation with them would start in two weeks, and I am getting nervous we haven't heard back yet.

• Ashley
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would try reaching out again. I feel like all the vendors are trying to catch up from the last 4 months of not doing anything. Odds are, it probably slipped through the cracks. But I’d call sooner than later 🙈
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We went from 10/10/20 to 10/2/21. Since today would have been the 3-month countdown, we’re going to text a generic postponement announcement pic that I created. Then on our former date we’ll mail “change the date” cards that specify the new date in a cute way (I stumbled upon the perfect ones for our wedding).

We didn’t do engagement photos. But given the postponement, I’m thinking of giving ourselves a few “postponement presents” 🎁 that I otherwise didn’t plan to do. 1.) a simple getaway on the weekend that the wedding was to occur 2.) take some fun engagement photos (regular poses as well as “covid” pics with masks, etc.) and 3.) Purchase a second dress for the reception that I will change into after dinner and before dancing begins. I love my dress and never thought of getting a second one. But I purchased it in May 2019 and it was only $1k. So I’ve gotten my money’s worth, even if it’s been in the closet. Plus I’m going to sell it afterward anyway so.... 🤷🏽‍♀️😄
    Best wishes with your new date!!!
  • Ashley
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You’re still before me! We went from the 17th to the 22nd. I will say a big positive about postponing when your wedding was almost here, more time and money for goodies! I love the second dress idea. I feel I have all the time in the world now lol
    Good luck with yours too!
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    EXACTLY!! That’s what I’ve been saying to people. The best part is I don’t have anything to plan and I can have fun doing/adding whatever, between now and then. I must admit, we’re actually finalizing with the idea of having the wedding on 10/30/20 instead (I like that it’s not exactly on Halloween). All of our vendors have it available and we recently thought about it so that we could have a fun costume anniversary parties around Halloween 😆. We usually host 3 to 4 themed parties at our house each year so our friends would totally expects this from us. We have to decide by the 15th.
  • Ashley
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Well you sound like a blasty blast. What part of the word do you live it, cuz I’m coming for the next party! Lol
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ha... yes! Come on out to San Diego.
  • Ashley
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    tenor.gifImma comin from NY whenever I’m allowed to 😂