Wendy
Dedicated October 2019

Parent and gift giving. Who gives to who?

Wendy, on May 21, 2019 at 5:38 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 9
Saved Save
Does groom give brides parents a gift and their own parents gifts? Same for bride to grooms parents and personal parents? So over all 4 gift-ish? I just always only seen gift ideas from bride to grooms parents and personal parents. I’ve never seen gift ideas from groom to brides parents and personal parents. Note: We are paying for our own wedding.

9 Comments

• Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    We are giving gifts jointly as a couple.
  • Tynesha
    Dedicated May 2019
    Tynesha ·

We are giving our gifts together.

• Madison
    Devoted April 2020
    Madison ·
    I will be giving my mother a present and my FH mother a present. He will give his mom a gift and also my mother. So yes 4 in total but not getting anyone anything crazy expensive.
  • Lizzy
    Super October 2019
    Lizzy ·
    We will give gifts from both of us as that is what we have been doing for the three years we've been dating
  • Rayna
    Devoted July 2019
    Rayna ·
    We’re doing gifts jointly.
  • Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    I am the gift to my in laws.
    We might get my parents something sentimental.
  • T
    Super June 2019
    Tiffany ·
    We’re paying for our own and broker than a joke. I got each of his parents a cute keychain that says “thank you for raising the man of my dreams” with our wedding date on it. Otherwise frankly I don’t quite understand the point of giving EVERYONE gifts when it’s our wedding lol! Wedding party obviously but otherwise if they’re not paying I don’t understand it. However I am older on my second marriage so I see it differently I think.
  • CDickman
    VIP September 2019
    CDickman ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Us to. I am having him pick the groomswomen gifts and his parents gift.
  • Bridget
    VIP August 2019
    Bridget ·

The letter to each parent will be address as from both of us but lets be real... they're all me lol!

Comment on this discussion