We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Samantha
Savvy November 2020

November 2020 brides... what’s your plan with Covid on the rise?

Samantha, on July 1, 2020 at 3:55 AM Posted in Community Conversations 1 61
Saved Save
Reply
Our wedding is set for November 14, 2020, and I wasn’t as worried as other brides because our date is set in the fall. As numbers are rising, I’m worried about all the plans we’ve made and where to go on a honeymoon? We still want to have a safe getaway...


What are y’all doing for your weddings in November ? Postponing ? Limiting guests ? Altering plans ?

61 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on August 7, 2020 at 10:01 PM
  • Marisa
    Rockstar May 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag

    Our’s is in October and I’m a little nervous.

    I have reached out to each of our vendors and venues to get a feel from them.

    We came up with a Plan B to still get married if we can with just our parents if things get worse. Our Reception venue is willing to postpone and reschedule if needed, and our Airbnb will allow us to host an intimate ceremony. Our Florist, Musician, Photographer and more importantly our Officiant are willing and able to still come if we’re back to the Yellow Phase.

    If things get shut down entirely then we plan on rescheduling alltogether for next year.

    But so far, so good. We have our food tasting and cake consultation in a week. Hope to schedule HMU trial in a month, and my seamstress will see me at the end of August for my fitting.

    We have decided to provide face masks and mini sanitizers to guests as a “favor”

    Our Reception venue is allowing 50% capacity so while that limits our guest list, it will allow us to space people apart for dinner.

    • Reply
  • Mindy
    Super November 2020
    Mindy ·
    • Flag
    No joke I just had the two other family weddings get canceled yesterday (August 8 and September 26). Ours is November 21st in coastal Virginia, where the COVID cases are much lower, while theirs were in western Pennsylvania, where they’ve been moving back into more restrictive requirements, with much bigger guest counts. My aunt was going to have 150 people invited to her wedding. We only invited 60 people, including the wedding party and plus ones. With the cost of travel and health concerns, I know already that three people probably won’t be in attendance. However, I have no intention of canceling or postponing unless the state or my venue forces us to. At this point our honeymoon cruise hasn’t been canceled so we’re still planning on sailing to the Bahamas.

    I told my mom that my big concern at the moment is being guilt tripped about still having it when the rest of the family canceled.

    • Reply
  • Michelle
    Super October 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I’m in Ohio and my date is 10/24.


    Venue holds 250 but limited to 130. I had a 150 guest list but will be reducing to maybe 80-100. Social distancing guidelines will be enforced by staff, tables distanced with social/family circles seated together, sanitizer and masks available.
    • Reply
  • Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

    Our wedding is 10/10 for the Keys. As we've seen FL is on the rise again. I'm determined not to get stressed or worried. We are going forward with sending our invitations out this weekend and everything is still a complete go.

    Please keep this in mind - Aside from crazy CA (I mean that lovingly) - I just don't see the world shutting down again. It would be an economical disaster; more so than already. Now with that said, I believe any venue that closes their doors is of their own free will or because they are just going out of business.

    You can worry yourself to death, but what good does it do? You're still out of control, you have to sit back, continue with your plans and trust and believe. We're all Covid brides to one degree or another, but worrying yourself to death over something we have no control over isn't going to make things better, it's only going to make you crazy.

    • Reply
  • Annika
    Expert November 2020
    Annika ·
    • Flag

    November 28th here. So far we are keeping our date and moving forward but we are getting increasingly worried as we live in Texas, one of the WORST covid areas, and almost all guests are from out of state. We are planning on some more covid friendly changes, such as a server for our buffet so no one touches anything, sanitizer stations and limited close physical contact with people outside family groups (ie front hugs/cheek kisses/shaking hands) So we will see.

    • Reply
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

    Ours Is October 17th And We Are Moving Ahead As Planned. There Have Been No Changes Needed To Be Made So Far. It Just Depends On What State You're In. Im In VA And We're Entering Phase 3 Today Because Cases Have Been Decreasing For A Long While Now. If Anything We'll Have To Cut Our Guestlist Last Minute But Im not Worried About That Happening Or Anything Else. It's Too Early To Make A Decision About Postponing Or Canceling Yet Because Things Can Change In Just A Few Months.

    • Reply
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I think this depends largely on where you’re located, and the status of the pandemic in your area. It seems to fluctuate soooooo much from one area to another. And, unfortunately, they are still predicting a second spike in the Fall. Being the control freak I am, I didn’t want to wait until the last minute to decide, so we have postponed our November 2020 wedding to November 2021, to be safe. I planned the exact wedding I wanted, and did not want to compromise on any of those details (After all, we only get one shot at this, right?!) I also did not want to cut my guest list or face the potential of people having to social distance and wear masks at my wedding and reception. I would say you should sit down and think about the details of your wedding and what items you are/are not willing to compromise on, should the pandemic still be an issue at that time in your area. I would also contact your vendors to see what sort of availability they have next year. Perhaps they could put a soft hold on a date for you, just in case you do decide to reschedule. Lots of vendors are completely booked up for the year 2021, so I would reach out to them ASAP!!
    • Reply
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

    Hi Samantha! Just wanted to chime in on the honeymoon side of your question!

    If you don't have honeymoon plans already, then I'd definitely plan something local and fairly low-key! That way you'll have lots of flexibility with those plans and less stress! Here are two recent discussions where other couples have been brainstorming fall honeymoon options: October honeymoon thoughts and Fall honeymoons.

    • Reply
  • A
    Expert December 2020
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    I’m in December and also worried, especially because all my guests are traveling.
    We are prepared to make changes if need be such as cutting down our guest list for social distancing, wearing masks etc if we get to have a 75 people wedding.
    If we can’t have a wedding at all, we have already decided we will have a small ceremony on the beach with just our parents and maybe 1 or 2 friends. I feel that for me it’s too early to postpone just yet so I want to give it more time and hope for the best.
    • Reply
  • Nicole
    Rockstar September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

    We postponed our July 11 wedding to November 28. We'll make the decision at the end of September to either move forward as planned, or move to Plan C. Plan C would be my fiance and I eloping to somewhere gorgeous (location dependent on COVID cases and travel restrictions), get epic pictures, and utilize our planned wedding as a 1 year anniversary party in 2021.

    • Reply
  • Marabeth
    Devoted November 2020
    Marabeth ·
    • Flag
    Ours is scheduled for November 7th and so far we are planning as normal. I’m in New Mexico and we have the strictest regulations of all 50 states and D.C. We are still in phase one (no more than 5 people to a gathering) and large gatherings (of less than 100) cannot happen until we hit phase four. I’ve reached out to our venue and they said they haven’t received word on when they can reopen for even small ceremonies so I’m not really sure what we are going to do. I’m thinking of accepting our officiant’s offer of using his church, drastically cutting our guest list, and moving the reception to our house. FH is also military, as is my family, so 90% of our guest list are from out of state.


    If we are able to host a small ceremony and reception, we plan to provide mask and sanitizer for everyone. And if the travel band has been lifted, we plan to do a honeymoon in Colorado. Otherwise we will go to Santa Fe.
    Good luck to everyone planning during covid. This has been surreal.

    • Reply
  • Christine
    Dedicated June 2021
    Christine ·
    • Flag
    We rescheduled 5.2.20 wedding to 11.20.20. I’m so hopeful we can go through with this. I’m in PA praying more people wear masks to keep numbers down so I can marry my person. It’s so hard to decide. Hoping we don’t have to move to plan C.
    • Reply
  • D
    Beginner November 2020
    Dee ·
    • Flag
    I am 11.27.20 we are still going as plan but am starting to get a little worried now that my fiancé is getting a little worried 🤦‍♀️ He keeps bringing up when to send out the invites I told him not till the end of aug but now he just to seems to worry That big changes are going to have to take place
    • Reply
  • S
    Savvy July 2021
    Susie ·
    • Flag

    It's such a difficult question. I think most people are postponing or going low key. Whatever you go for make sure you have insurance! You don't want to get caught out.

    Susie x

    • Reply
  • Jackie
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Jackie ·
    • Flag

    We were supposed to get married in October 2020, but we are thinking about postponing it till February 2021 or October 2021. The state I live in is predicting for us to reach our peak by September 30th and we have 100 people or so on our guest list. I have contacted our venue and photographer to see if they are willing to accommodate and have been really understanding. We will also have people traveling from hot spots in the states, so I think it's for the best interest for everyone to let this situation subside a bit more to hold this wedding!

    • Reply
  • Irene
    Just Said Yes November 2020
    Irene ·
    • Flag
    November 19th wedding here, we are moving forward with the wedding but also worried as we are in Texas and we don’t know how the restrictions might change in the future. Our plan B is to elope on that date if we need to, our guest list is around 150 but we have some international guest that we are aware might not come unfortunately. We are just trying to stay positive and hope that by that time everything seems better. We will not go on a honeymoon until probably 2021.
    • Reply
  • Ciera
    Savvy November 2020
    Ciera ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    November 14, Texas bride too. If you go through with your plan b will you just end up postponing your big wedding to 2021? Or would you be cancelling and just moving forward with eloping?
    • Reply
  • Irene
    Just Said Yes November 2020
    Irene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Ciera! We will probably postpone since we already pay the venue deposit. I honestly wouldn’t mind not doing a big wedding but it is very important for my fiancé to have all our friends and family together. What have y’all thought?
    • Reply
  • Danielle
    Expert November 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    Nov 14 in Phoenix. I live in hotspot right now so not sure what will happen yet.
    • Reply
  • S
    Savvy November 2020
    Shakiyla ·
    • Flag
    I’m moving forward was well; Nov 7, 2020. I was going back and forth stressing myself out, (like I was breaking down crying lol), about coming up with a plan B. Then my fiancé, was like just keep the venue it’s big enough for us to cut guest and spread people out. Which he was right! So we are pressing forward planning as usual with precautions. We haven’t sent out our invitations yet, but some of my family told me they will not be attending, which I totally get. Honestly I’m ok with, it saving us money lol. I’m thinking as party favors we may provide personalized face mask lol
    I’m honestly just ready to get married and start our family.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles