What are all the fall 2020 brides doing for their honeymoon? We are getting married in November but are hesitant to book a honeymoon due to the uncertainty of the virus. We originally planned for an all inclusive in Jamaica or somewhere tropical. We are unsure if we should travel outside the U.S. or go somewhere more local.
We are getting married early October and decided on going to Gatlinburg TN. My fiancé loves the outdoors. In all honesty I didn’t want to travel super far and since it’s only 6 hours away from us. We are staying in a cabin, plan on hiking, going to museums, fishing, going to Smokey mountain park, and possibly dolly wood in pigeon forge. My only rule was that our cabin HAD to have a hot tub 😂
We booked a trip for the last week of October to Jamaica. So far we have only booked hotel and made sure it was somewhere with full refund cancellation up until the week prior to the trip. I'm hesitant to buy airline tickets because they don't have the same flexibility with cancellations as all-inclusives do.
We’re not doing a honeymoon this year. We have two kids and what we wanted to do is take a family trip to Disneyland, but with the uncertainty and risk it’s not worth it to us. We’ll reevaluate next year. A true honeymoon just wasn’t a priority to us right now, maybe an anniversary trip in a few years.
Well, do you guys want to go somewhere in the US that might be of interest? Or really want that tropical sunshine? I think with reservations and stuff you can always cancel or reschedule it? We are just staying in Las Vegas (that's where we live) so we can have fun in our backyard kind of thing then do something big next year when things calm down (hopefully). LOL
View Quoted Comment
We’ve never been to Gatlinburg but we live an hour from the beach so I figured we could try something different. I did however tell my fiancé that for our 5 year anniversary I want an all inclusive resort 😂
We are planning on going to the mountains as I'm not one to travel far, especially not out of the country. I'm originally from Blue Ridge and it holds a dear place in my heart, so we are going to airbnb a cabin up there and stay in it for a few days to enjoy each other. We plan on going to the grocery store and grabbing groceries for most meals just so we can lay around (we usually live pretty busy lives, so a relaxed honeymoon is definitely our thing), but we also plan on going out to eat a few times and doing a few things. I think we might go horseback riding, hiking, parks, and a few other simple things like that, but since it's cold, we plan on spending most of our time inside, laying around, cooking meals, hot tubbing, etc. you honestly can't go wrong with either though. I would honestly be too afraid to book any place too far away just in case of another surge, but maybe try to find something that can be cancelled/postponed if need be. You guys could do something smaller this year and something bigger later on as well. It's all up to you and hubby. Good luck! 🥰🥰
We are planning to do something local in November and then do a trip to celebrate our one year anniversary next year. FH is military and not even allowed to travel outside the state currently. We are hoping that changes by November so we can travel to maybe Denver or Phoenix but we only plan to do something small after the wedding.
We’re getting married November 21st and had already booked our honeymoon before this covid chaos hit. At this point, we are still planning on taking our carnival cruise to the Bahamas unless the cruise line cancels our cruise. We are still waiting for passports to come back. They received mine on St. Patrick’s Day and my fiancé went and got his done about a month ago. Fingers crossed they get here in time.
Before we pushed out our wedding to next year we planned to do a minimoon in Asheville for a low key get away directly after the wedding with the plan to do something bigger later. I think we are going to still do our minimoon this Nov as long as my FH can travel so now we have to come up with a new plan for next year.
I don’t think I’d risk booking something as big as that and not be able to go. My wedding is in October and we’re only doing a mini moon to a cabin a few hours away in the mountains. It was our original plan before COVID came because I’m a teacher and can’t take off that much from work when the kids are in. Honestly, if we are still doing a lot of online learning, I might could squeeze in another day, but we’ll see. I’d like us to plan a bigger trip next summer, but no idea where yet.