earias
Champion December 2017

Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them!

earias, on April 2, 2018 at 3:26 PM Posted in California Planning 0 22
Saved Save

Hi WW couples! I can't believe a year ago this time my DH and I were getting ready to take our engagement pictures, and now we're married! Since we had a Christmas wedding, I wanted the setting for our pictures to be at a Christmas tree farm, but the weather didn't cooperate and it poured the day we were supposed to take them. So at the last minute we decided to drive up 80 East to find a place in the snow. We only had to drive an hour before the rain turned into snow. We pulled off the first exit once it began snowing and found a national park that was basically deserted. We spent about 2 hours having the best time taking what I call our "snow globe" pictures.

Where did you/are you taking your engagement pictures? Show them off here!

An April Day in the SnowNorthern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 1

.....Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 2

.....Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 3

.....Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 4

.....Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 5

22 Comments

• Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·

It is kinda funny that you posted that! It was snowing this morning in PA! We got about 6 inches today!

But we did our pictures right in our cute little town! We started out on main street then ended up on a mountain overlooking our town. It is also the same place that the Christmas star is!

(We have so many pictures! So hard to pick just a few! But here are some!)

Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 6

Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 7

Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 8

Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 9

This is with the star!Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 10

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    These are so cute! Love the one with the star!
  • J
    Dedicated September 2018
    Jesica ·
    We went to lake mccumber which is where we said ily for the first time

Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 11
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·

St Francis winery engagement shoot

St Francis winery in Sonoma. We went in Feb to check out wedding venues and learned an important tip: vineyards aren't in bloom until May/June! Duh. We used this photo as Save the Date for our local reception since it was a swanky early 1960s theme.

Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 12

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Nice! We got married in Sonoma and had our reception at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment
    How sweet!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! Love the snowy pics with the pop of red--very magical.

• ISaidHallYes
    VIP November 2018
    ISaidHallYes ·

Ahhh I hate you in all the best ways. I saw your wedding photos and now your engagement photos and they are amazing!

We wanted fall pictures so bad! I changed our date three times due to the weather not making the leaves change. Go figure it is now April and still snow outside my door in PA. They made me happy in the end... leaves or no leaves!

Pictures 1Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 13

Kisses! Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 14

Making jokes during the pics!Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 15

Casually strolling in dolled up clothing through our farm!Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 16

Dream photo under the willow tree I planted with our family!Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 17

Horse and my man!Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 18

Sorry if these turned out large! They seem to do that! Also excited to share them since I haven't much!

• ISaidHallYes
    VIP November 2018
    ISaidHallYes ·
    View Quoted Comment

Ahh we were hanging outside today and snow flurries started (also in PA). This is April right? We got 4-5 inches on Saturday!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Your pictures are so adorable! I love that you included your horse and that picture with the willow tree is perfect!
  • Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    View Quoted Comment

This past Saturday!? lol FH and I were outside playing with the dog when it Started to flurry! We may be buried under snow for FH and I bday's! I am hoping it get nicer so we can have a fire soon!

It may be April!? lol

• ISaidHallYes
    VIP November 2018
    ISaidHallYes ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yes as in April 7th! It actually snowed a little over an inch again this morning! Happy Birthday to you two! I know it is so bizarre that it is April. I think it is a fake out!

• Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    View Quoted Comment

That is the worst! I know we might get more tonight and tomorrow morning, but the weather is going to get nice! It will be in the 70's!!!!!! Hopefully it will stay that way! I also hope it stops for you too!

• A_Mart
    Super June 2018
    A_Mart ·

These are so fun! Nor Cal!

• Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    View Quoted Comment

Love this!

• Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    View Quoted Comment

Super cute!

• Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    View Quoted Comment

Love the scenery!

• Nelly
    Devoted August 2018
    Nelly ·

Barnes and Noble CafeNorthern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 19My personal favorite! The music section in Barnes and NobleNorthern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 20Krispy Kreme window shotNorthern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 21Kite Hawk is the street the lake he proposed to me next to is onNorthern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 22My second favorite shotNorthern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 23Gotta have a ring picture! Featuring my favorite doughnuts in the backgroundNorthern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 24Harry Potter referencesNorthern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 25A classic Northern California Engagement Pics - Let's See Them! 26

We took ours at Krispy Kreme and Barnes and Noble! We met through both of our first jobs at Krispy Kreme, and we have spent a lot of time (and money... 😅) at Barnes and Noble over the past four years and it is where he currently works now 💖

All of your guys' look BEAUTIFUL! 💖 Wishing you all a lifetime of love and happiness!

• Rosie
    Dedicated March 2019
    Rosie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg I love your pics! So unique and meaningful, not to mention beautiful! I love the one of you guys sitting on the floor reading. So sweet.
  • FutureMrsColón
    Super September 2019
    FutureMrsColón ·
    View Quoted Comment

Those are adorable!! Love the donut ones, especially!!

Comment on this discussion