Jasmine
VIP August 2020

Next Vacay

Jasmine, on March 2, 2019 at 8:32 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 6
Saved Save

Has anyone heard of or used the app/website called Next Vacay? They offer these crazy low round trip airfare prices. It seems like a pretty nice set up but whenever something sounds too good to be true, I hesitate. Is it legit?

6 Comments

• FirstTimeMOB
    October 2018
    FirstTimeMOB ·

The cheap can be expensive...

"Crazy low round trip airfare" means these are likely consolidator tickets that carry MAJOR restrictions. Let's say there are delays, or a cancellation - most major legacy carriers (like American, Delta, etc) have a procedure where they will put you on the next available flight. Consolidator tickets, however, are those purchased at a deep discount in bulk by third parties and carry restrictions that may mean you go to the very end of line for re-accommodation or are restricted only to that same flight number on the next day.

You may or may not be able to select seats. You may not be allowed to make any changes at all, even if you are willing to pay the usual airline fees to make changes.

If something goes wrong, you may be forced to go through Next Vacay for help. The ticket counter at the airport may not even be able to help you.

Book direct with the airline. Far fewer headaches.

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yikes Never even thought about all of that. I'm glad I'm asked. Thank you!

• Elisa
    Beginner November 2019
    Elisa ·

Try Hopper.. it's a travel app and is definitely legit. I just booked my 11 day honeymoon to Hawaii. $717 per person round trip. Also had a friend go to Iceland for $500 roundtrip, and Dubai for the same price. Highly recommend the app.

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·

That's great! Thank you for that!

• Courtney
    Super December 2018
    Courtney ·
    I've heard great things about WOW airlines.
  • Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Now that I've never heard of! I'll look into it. Thank you.

Comment on this discussion