We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Brianna
Beginner June 2021

Need advice: how to beat the covid blues

Brianna, on July 4, 2020 at 11:18 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 5
Saved Save
I postponed my June 14,2020 wedding until June 13,2021. We knew it would be the right decision. It was a tough weekend but my fiancé and I played our wedding playlist and ate a piece of our wedding cake to honor the original date. Every so often I find myself not being able to be excited about this coming year and I need help. I was crazy excited for my wedding coming up, but postponing has put a damper on things. I fear I won’t be excited for this coming summer as I once was...

5 Comments

• Sharon
    Expert September 2021
    Sharon ·
    • Flag
    It stinks! We postponed our Oct wedding until next year. Now I feel like I don't have anything to do because we were a little ahead of schedule. It feels like we're in limbo. But I know once the craziness of this year subsides and we get closer to our new date the excitement will return. Allow yourself to feel all the emotions that go along with this. It is disappointing, sad, annoying, etc. Mo one else can understand what you're feeling except someone else who has postponed their wedding
  • Elmarose04
    Devoted July 2021
    Elmarose04 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Smiley cry completely agree! Just think of it as a longer engagement and more days of engagement days to enjoy with your partner! I decided to do fun activities with mine to keep our energy up and just share ideas of how we look forward to our wedding day and it's nice because now we are finding more ways to incorporate our new adventures and trials in our wedding day! Yes, there are days where I feel like can it just be tomorrow but for now I am taking it day by day and trying to avoid all the comfort foods in excess amounts lol. Just be open with your partner and communicate when you are feeling that way and comfort one another that when your day comes it will be special, perfect, and wonderful for you bothSmiley heart

• Alyssa
    Expert December 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    June 14 was my OG wedding date too. I feel you. Ours is now in December but it sucks. We got legally married for Insurance reasons that we didn’t want to wait 6 more months for, but try to find the silver lining. For us, December will be more palatable for our guests in Florida.
  • Marisa
    VIP May 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag

I think you can feel some sense of relief knowing that a vaccine will likely be available by then, hopefully things will improve as we move past the potential second wave of the virus, etc. I sure do hope by next year we will be in a much better place.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Flag

You’re definitely not alone Brianna! ❤️ I’d take a break from planning for a little while if you can, so you can properly grieve your original plans and come back excited for next year!

Here are a few other conversations I’ve seen where you can connect with other brides feeling the same way: Postponed and depressed, How are you all feeling with Covid-19, and The 5 stages of grief...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles