C
Savvy October 2018

Need advice for honeymoon destination

Chelsie, on March 9, 2018 at 1:56 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 16
Saved Save
Hey everyone my fiance and I found out this morning that our honeymoon destination playa del carmen had an explosion today on the ferry. We arent sure if we should go there anymore so we have to start from scratch. Do you guys know of any affordable destinations with beautiful blue water ? Help please !

16 Comments

• Lauren
    Savvy June 2018
    Lauren ·

Aruba I heard was nice

• C
    Savvy October 2018
    Chelsie ·
    I will look it up! Thank you
  • AugustBride
    Super August 2018
    AugustBride ·

Santorini, Aruba, Dominican Republic. The Caribbean in general all great options~

• C
    Savvy October 2018
    Chelsie ·
    O great thank you !
  • Officiallymrsj
    Super October 2018
    Officiallymrsj ·
    Aruba does have gorgeous blue water !! Also look Into Antigua, I didn’t leave the water once it was amazing !
  • C
    Savvy October 2018
    Chelsie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I definitely will thank you so much!
  • Hrlygrl
    Dedicated April 2019
    Hrlygrl ·
    The ferry incident seems to be an insurance fraud deal, inside job, and blown up by the media. I don't think you have any worries going to Mexico. I actually have a trip planned to destress before the wedding in November, lol. Just my way of going on a vacation using the term destress, ha.
    Aruba is amazing though, so if agree with others if you're looking elsewhere.
  • Selena Ariel Kyle
    Devoted November 2018
    Selena Ariel Kyle ·
    I am also replanning after the Travel Advisory was issued last week. The honeymoon planning is turning out to be the most stressful thing so far.
  • Selena Ariel Kyle
    Devoted November 2018
    Selena Ariel Kyle ·
    Oh. I'm looking at the Punta Cana area now. A location with all inclusives and nightlife are my primary focuses.
  • C
    Savvy October 2018
    Chelsie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I hear what your saying... The media does have a tendency of doing that. I will search other options and if I can't find anything I may just have to stick with the plan thank you for your response I really appreciate it 😊
  • C
    Savvy October 2018
    Chelsie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Isnt it so stressful?!! I was looking into Jamaica and there is a lot of beautiful all-inclusive hotels and they almost have the same exact rates as mexico ....
  • livelaughlove
    Dedicated August 2018
    livelaughlove ·

I am getting married in Jamaica. Also, the Bahamas has gorgeous blue water!

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    Ruben ·
    Next to Aruba, there is another island named Curaçao. I went there years ago and it was beautiful. I think it may be cheaper than Aruba. Worth checking out for sure !
  • C
    Savvy October 2018
    Chelsie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Awesome! Will look into it thank you !
  • Karen
    Just Said Yes December 2019
    Karen ·
    Grand Cayman, Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, Hawaii. They all have amazing blue waters. I’d pick any of those over Mexico, imho.

• C
    Savvy October 2018
    Chelsie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Awesome thank you for all the options!

Comment on this discussion